Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

2 Year Update on the Gold Coast!

2 Year Update on the Gold Coast!

Old May 23rd 2006, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future
Default Re: 2 Year Update on the Gold Coast!

Nice post Lisa, but I know you love it here ... ... and am confident I'll be saying the same in 2 years IF we get those 2 magic letters.

I notice you didn't mention the price of banana's tho! ...

See ya Friday ...
Old May 23rd 2006, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

What a great post. Glad you are so happy in your life in OZ
Old May 23rd 2006, 1:40 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

That is such a lovely post
Old May 23rd 2006, 3:28 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Soapy told me to say it was a lovely post.......but he didn't need to as I already recognised that.

Nice one Lisa.
Glad it has worked for your family.
whattttt!!!!! she will kick ma heed in on friday night now

still got yir sppon
Old May 23rd 2006, 11:03 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
whattttt!!!!! she will kick ma heed in on friday night now

still got yir sppon
Back on topic now Nice post Lisa. Only got 18 months to go before I can do a 2 year in post but if it goes as fast as the last six months, it'll be here in a flash. Maybe meet you one day
Old May 24th 2006, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Heard we are all crashing at your place on Frid night Soapy : ,and your throwing in the Scottish brekkie in the morning! Paul told me its even a FREE bar lmao!!!!

Moneypen, we will need to meet up one of these days!! aren't you coming on Frid night? does all the Gold Coasters know there is a meet this Frid at Pacific Pines Tavern at 7.30pm, then its all back to Soapy's lol : see ya Frid
Old May 24th 2006, 8:29 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by floweroscotland
does all the Gold Coasters know there is a meet this Frid at Pacific Pines Tavern at 7.30pm, then its all back to Soapy's lol : see ya Frid
I knew about the free bar, but not about the 'into the early hours' party at Soapy's.

It just gets better! ...
Old May 24th 2006, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floweroscotland
I can harldy believe we have been here almost 2 and a half years now , it has gone so fast as it seems like yesterday we were waiting on that visa!

Ok where do I start! We had never been to Australia before but it was always the dream and we just thought lets go for it, no holiday or nothing , but we knew if we hated it or couldn't settle we could always go home! we knew it could take up to 2 years to get our PR visa (my hubby is a Joiner/carpenter) and we really didn't want to wait that long to start our dream, so we originally came on a student visa which only took 4 weeks to get, and I went to college and we applied onshore for PR as soon as we arrived through my hubbys trade which we got after 10 months.

We settled really well, got a house in Arundel, jobs, cars, my oldest daughter who is now 8 started school and after the first day never looked back, my youngest daughter who is now 6 started kindergarden, and is now in year 1, they have both lost the Scottish accent (it only comes back when their talking to our family on the phone) and are now just little Aussies, and have such a fantastic life here, everything is outdoors and there is so much to do for families, great parks with BBq's, cinema on the beach, lagoons so they can swim safely at the beaches. As soon as they come home from school they are out in the garden all year round! we have just bought a plot of land to build our first Aussie home, a house I could never have dreamed of building but it's achievable here!

But please don't come thinking everything is going to be different and an easy life, cause its just not like that unless you are coming here with a lot of money, you still have to work to afford a decent life and you do go through your up's and downs, there is still times when we get homesick and the next few weeks will be worse for us as my in laws are coming and we haven't seen them since we left! we know it's going to be so hard when they leave after their holiday but we are trying to prepare ourselves.

All in all we do have such a great life here, and we did it to give our kids a better future which they definately have, we now take so many things for granted and have to give ourselves a pinch at how lucky we really are to be here, we are living the life we had dreamed of and we have met some fantastic friends along the way some we couldn't have settled so well here without.

Life is too short not to take some chances, so go for it, and if it doesn't work out then at least you tried!

Good luck to everyone

Lisa

lisa what a great post thanks.not seen you around for a long time better things to do now eh!!!

its great to hear the children are settled and happy and i bet for a lot of parents here it will come as a relief reading your story.

dont be too much of a stranger

debbie x