Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

working in a particular job for the purposes of the visa

working in a particular job for the purposes of the visa

Old May 23rd 2006, 4:29 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute
Default working in a particular job for the purposes of the visa

Hiya all, i was just wondering if any of you have worked at a particular job purley for the purposes of the visa. For example i am a train driver but i am working as a cook, which is my old RAF trade, for the visa. If any of you have done the same or similar, how long did you work up until? before going i mean.

Nev.
Old May 24th 2006, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice
Default Re: working in a particular job for the purposes of the visa

Originally Posted by redlion
Hiya all, i was just wondering if any of you have worked at a particular job purley for the purposes of the visa. For example i am a train driver but i am working as a cook, which is my old RAF trade, for the visa. If any of you have done the same or similar, how long did you work up until? before going i mean.

Nev.

Hi Nec

My hubby is working as a fitter for the visa.
He left his trade about 8 years ago but has gone back into it for our visa.
He has done nearly 12 months now which is the required amount to apply for a 136 skilled visa. So we are starting to complete the TRA application ready for the 12 month date in June when we can send it all off.

Hope this helps.
Old May 24th 2006, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice

Sorry about the spelling error with Nec (typing too fast)
Old May 24th 2006, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Guzzler&Sas has a brilliant futureGuzzler&Sas has a brilliant futureGuzzler&Sas has a brilliant futureGuzzler&Sas has a brilliant futureGuzzler&Sas has a brilliant futureGuzzler&Sas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by redlion

Nev.
Hi ,

Ex RAF myself, I believe cook was the hardest trade in the RAF, I never met one that had passed the course.