2 in 10 days

Old Oct 12th 2004, 3:48 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2 in 10 days

Been a bad couple of weeks for us motoring wise. I was caught doing 105 in a 100 zone last weekend on the Tin Can Bay Rd. No defence offered guilty as charged $100 bucks and a couple of points. I was just following a line of traffic and was last in line so copped it fair and square.
Today I was coming home one eye on the road and one on the speedometer, Spied a police car with a radar gun and thought no problem not speeding. Wrong he pulled me over and wrote me up for exceeding the limit by 20K $250 fine and 4 points [so he said] I think it's 3 but we'll see. The reason he got me was simple I was 5 mins early and as I don't wear a wrist watch for work or have a clock in the Ute I didn't realise it had been school leaving time. There were no children about and no crossing patrol and it just didn't click it could have been that time. I pointed out the lack of school busses and he said they had all left, I pointed out the lack of children/crossing guards to indicate the time and he just showed me his watch. Five mins later and I'd have been O.K . This time I'm fuming why can't they have flashing lights or something to indicate it's school leaving time for the likes of me who don't have the means of telling the time while driving???
Apologies to anyone who may get stuck behind a ford Ute travelling at only 40 k in the Gympie area but that'll be me not knowing the time and not taking the chance upon meeting another pedantic bastard of a jobsworth copper.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 7:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 in 10 days

Originally Posted by cresta57
Been a bad couple of weeks for us motoring wise. I was caught doing 105 in a 100 zone last weekend on the Tin Can Bay Rd. No defence offered guilty as charged $100 bucks and a couple of points. I was just following a line of traffic and was last in line so copped it fair and square.
Today I was coming home one eye on the road and one on the speedometer, Spied a police car with a radar gun and thought no problem not speeding. Wrong he pulled me over and wrote me up for exceeding the limit by 20K $250 fine and 4 points [so he said] I think it's 3 but we'll see. The reason he got me was simple I was 5 mins early and as I don't wear a wrist watch for work or have a clock in the Ute I didn't realise it had been school leaving time. There were no children about and no crossing patrol and it just didn't click it could have been that time. I pointed out the lack of school busses and he said they had all left, I pointed out the lack of children/crossing guards to indicate the time and he just showed me his watch. Five mins later and I'd have been O.K . This time I'm fuming why can't they have flashing lights or something to indicate it's school leaving time for the likes of me who don't have the means of telling the time while driving???
Apologies to anyone who may get stuck behind a ford Ute travelling at only 40 k in the Gympie area but that'll be me not knowing the time and not taking the chance upon meeting another pedantic bastard of a jobsworth copper.

Yesterday, my son and three other boys got wiped out as they rode their pushbikes in our quiet residential street. Well, it was a quiet residential street until family with three teens complete with hotted up bomb each moved in. The driver of the car that ran them off the road is 17 and was going about 90/100ks in a winding residential street. This happens at least a dozen times a day, Saturday one of them spun the vehicle in the middle of the road, luckily no kids walking at time. We spoke to the parents prior to yesterday expalining our fears somebodies kids are going to be run over/killed, parents claim they dont drive dangerously and its just the type of cars (hotted up) they drive.

Because nobody was killed or actually hit, merely 4 kids blown off their bikes by lunatic police can do anything untill guess what!!!!! happens.

Attempts by about 20 families to get road signs, speed bumps,speed traps have failed, speaking to parents of potential teen killers failed they deny their kids are doing wrong despite 20 odd neighbours all knowing whats going on.

And my point? where are the police? out booking the people going 5klm over the speed limit because its going to raise far more revenue than spending about an hour waiting for a teen killer to come up the street.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 9:54 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Yesterday, my son and three other boys got wiped out as they rode their pushbikes in our quiet residential street. Well, it was a quiet residential street until family with three teens complete with hotted up bomb each moved in. The driver of the car that ran them off the road is 17 and was going about 90/100ks in a winding residential street. This happens at least a dozen times a day, Saturday one of them spun the vehicle in the middle of the road, luckily no kids walking at time. We spoke to the parents prior to yesterday expalining our fears somebodies kids are going to be run over/killed, parents claim they dont drive dangerously and its just the type of cars (hotted up) they drive.

Because nobody was killed or actually hit, merely 4 kids blown off their bikes by lunatic police can do anything untill guess what!!!!! happens.

Attempts by about 20 families to get road signs, speed bumps,speed traps have failed, speaking to parents of potential teen killers failed they deny their kids are doing wrong despite 20 odd neighbours all knowing whats going on.

And my point? where are the police? out booking the people going 5klm over the speed limit because its going to raise far more revenue than spending about an hour waiting for a teen killer to come up the street.

Yeah good comments, over here in the West there has been heaps of talk about teenage hoons after a crash that killed a few innocent people. I dont think it matters what type of car they have, its about the attitude of the driver. There is talk about not letting P plate drivers have passenegers in the car with them or maybe 1 as this is the main reason for the stupid driving, being coaxed on to go faster and spin the tyres, and weave through the traffic.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:54 pm
ABCDiamond

Cresta
For your second ticket, I would write a letter, and expain the exact circumstances, you me get let off.
It does happen, if you can show reasonable grounds, and from what you have said; no kids, no crossing patrol etc, and no clock, you may be lucky.