1st WEEK IN OZ

Old Aug 25th 2006, 11:43 pm
superam74

Default 1st WEEK IN OZ

Hi Everyone, well this has been quite a week. We arrived in Melbourne last saturday ( 19th aug), I found myself a job on Monday started work on Wednesday & got paid on the FRIDAY .
Obviously it's early days but things seem to be going great. My sister, who we're staying with has been treating us like royalty. She's said that we're not allowed to rent & that we have to stay with her till' we can get a mortgage & buy our own house, how blessed are we!
Were hoping to enrole our eldest son in college next week ,he's loving it, my wife loves it & my youngest son is having a ball as well.
I was always going to embrace our new life down under because I knew more or less what I was getting into, but the fact that my wife & kids are enjoying it makes me feel like I've won the lottery.
I have to pinch myself at times because it's all going so well, as I said we've only been here a week but we've been due a bit of good fortune after all the hiccups we had with the visa process ,once again good luck to all trying to get a visa & thanks to all who helped us get ours best wishes from Pete & family

Old Aug 26th 2006, 12:11 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1st WEEK IN OZ

Originally Posted by superam74
Hi Everyone, well this has been quite a week. We arrived in Melbourne last saturday ( 19th aug), I found myself a job on Monday started work on Wednesday & got paid on the FRIDAY .
Obviously it's early days but things seem to be going great. My sister, who we're staying with has been treating us like royalty. She's said that we're not allowed to rent & that we have to stay with her till' we can get a mortgage & buy our own house, how blessed are we!
Were hoping to enrole our eldest son in college next week ,he's loving it, my wife loves it & my youngest son is having a ball as well.
I was always going to embrace our new life down under because I knew more or less what I was getting into, but the fact that my wife & kids are enjoying it makes me feel like I've won the lottery.
I have to pinch myself at times because it's all going so well, as I said we've only been here a week but we've been due a bit of good fortune after all the hiccups we had with the visa process ,once again good luck to all trying to get a visa & thanks to all who helped us get ours best wishes from Pete & family

Good on you.

Welcome to Melbourne.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 1:24 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

That is excellent news, congratulations and glad to hear that everything is going so well!!! Where are you living at the moment. We've been here a year on Monday and the time has flown by.

Lorraine
Old Aug 27th 2006, 1:02 am
superam74

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
That is excellent news, congratulations and glad to hear that everything is going so well!!! Where are you living at the moment. We've been here a year on Monday and the time has flown by.

Lorraine
Hi, we're in Mentone

Old Aug 27th 2006, 2:19 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by superam74
Hi, we're in Mentone
Is that in Devon?

[you need to change your location <- ]

Great to hear all is going well BTW
Old Aug 27th 2006, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

What a lovely post to read - gives you a nice warm feeling!