Reload this Page >

1st posting! Adelaide.

1st posting! Adelaide.

Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

liz1515 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile 1st posting! Adelaide.

Hello all,

This is our first post My husband & I have just returned from a 8 week holiday - 4 weeks in Oz & 4 weeks in NZ -an amazing journey!
It was a fact finding tour to help us decide which country to emigrate to.We have been thinking of emigrating for about 2 years. Finally we have decided to go to Adelaide , South Australia. I am a nurse and have been in touch with a recruitment agency regards employment in Adelaide. Adelaide is the smallest of all Oz cities 1.1 million people and has a lovely country feel to it! We like that! We come from a small town in south wales the big cities wound not suit us and we think Adelaide would be just right -twenty minutes there abouts out of the city you are in the country side and in the other direction at the beach Will be starting the whole process in January and if all goes well will be in Adelaide September/October 2008.
We would like to hear from expats who are in Adelaide or who want to go to Adelaide.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:09 pm
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all
Default Re: 1st posting!

Not in or going to Adelaide but just wanted to wish you good luck

The visa process is an amazin roller coaster ride full of ups and downs

Allan
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Liz,

Welcome to BE.

We are in South Wales and we're going to Adelaide too! Did you know that there is a South Wales meet up every month or so - next one is due in January. If you check out the meetups forum you will see a thread about the meets. You can also PM, (personal message) me as I am organising them at the mo.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, welcome to BE. I'm in Adelaide
Old Dec 17th 2007, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, I'm in Adelaide too.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Hills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1st posting! Adelaide.

We'd visited all the big cities here and decided that Adelaide was the place for us. We moved here three months ago. Adelaide's big enough to have everything you need but not too big and property prices are still pretty reasonable.

Good luck and I hope everything goes OK.

Hills Boy
Old Dec 18th 2007, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

linloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to all

We are in Adelaide to and loving it 6 months in and gets better all the time.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Hi, congratulations on your first post . I lived in Adelaide for 31 years and loved every minute of it
Old Dec 18th 2007, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
Hi, congratulations on your first post . I lived in Adelaide for 31 years and loved every minute of it
Bin, You & I are the same, You lived there for 31 years, I lived there for 8 months, & we are missing it like hell.
Cant believe such small place to have such impact on you.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 1:54 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: 1st posting! Adelaide.

Originally Posted by liz1515
Hello all,

This is our first post My husband & I have just returned from a 8 week holiday - 4 weeks in Oz & 4 weeks in NZ -an amazing journey!
It was a fact finding tour to help us decide which country to emigrate to.We have been thinking of emigrating for about 2 years. Finally we have decided to go to Adelaide , South Australia. I am a nurse and have been in touch with a recruitment agency regards employment in Adelaide. Adelaide is the smallest of all Oz cities 1.1 million people and has a lovely country feel to it! We like that! We come from a small town in south wales the big cities wound not suit us and we think Adelaide would be just right -twenty minutes there abouts out of the city you are in the country side and in the other direction at the beach Will be starting the whole process in January and if all goes well will be in Adelaide September/October 2008.
We would like to hear from expats who are in Adelaide or who want to go to Adelaide.
Pardon my pedantry, but Adelaide is not the smallest of all Australian cities (I presume you mean Australian capital cities); Hobart is smaller, at 200,526.

PS. I'm going to Adelaide too. You've made a great choice.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 2:42 am
Just Joined

Leisa has a spectacular aura aboutLeisa has a spectacular aura aboutLeisa has a spectacular aura about

Hi

We're in Adelaide too (been here 10 weeks and loving it!)

Leisa
Old Dec 18th 2007, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

A year and few months in Adelaide.
Loving it here.

Just the right size for us after spending many many years living in huge cities.

One of the better things is listening to ABC radio on my drive to/from work and hearing about all the traffic problems in other cities. Once or twice a week Adelaide gets mentioned.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 3:37 am
In New Yorshire

tyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
Hello, I'm in Adelaide too.
And I am too.

It is a smashing place if you like smaller cities/country town feel.

Saying that I've just done a delivery on North East Road from down here in Onkaparinga Hills.

Makes you realise how spread out Adelaide is

It has it's downside to some but just right for us.

Adelaide seems to have something for everyone and does grow on you.

Great for kids.

My only whinge is regarding the winters here.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by liz1515
Hello all,

You won't regret choosing adelaide - it's beautiful and full of lovely people
Old Dec 18th 2007, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Hey there
Us too! We've been here for 7 weeks now and are living and loving it in Seaford Rise. I am a midwife and hubby is a nurse. Andy has a job within a hospital but also does some agency to top up the earnings (I am being really slack and haven't sorted my transcripts out yet) but intend to after christmas! Give us a shout if you want any info

Lindsey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.