Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1st House viewing in the morning!!

1st House viewing in the morning!!

Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:40 pm
Brisbane here we come!

myedsore will become famous soon enoughmyedsore will become famous soon enough
Default 1st House viewing in the morning!!

We have got our first house viewing in the morning so everybody keep fingers crossed for us. Have been running around today throwing things out, general tidying and now stressed out sat with a beer typing this!!
We are still on the visa stage so if the people decided they wanted it , we would then be even more stressed looking for rented accomadation. We have a caravan in storage so if worst came to worst we could put the furniture in storage and live in the caravan.
We decided its easier to sell up earlier than to hang on to last minute.
Anyways folk send us some good luck and I'll update you as to how it went tomorrow!
Cheers
Mark
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1st House viewing in the morning!!

Originally Posted by myedsore
We have got our first house viewing in the morning so everybody keep fingers crossed for us. Have been running around today throwing things out, general tidying and now stressed out sat with a beer typing this!!
We are still on the visa stage so if the people decided they wanted it , we would then be even more stressed looking for rented accomadation. We have a caravan in storage so if worst came to worst we could put the furniture in storage and live in the caravan.
Anyways folk send us some good luck and I'll update you as to how it went tomorrow!
Cheers
Mark

Good luck x
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future
Cool Re: 1st House viewing in the morning!!

Hi

Good luck!
Our buyers came back today for another look round with their kids so we know what you are going through!

AnitaB
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:49 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Mark

I've even got my legs crossed X

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of lightBookie is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers
Mark
Best of luck. We had our first viewings today, seemed to go ok but who knows? Worn out from getting everything ready so enjoying a well earned bottle of Blossom Hill now - I know it's not Australian but it was on offer in Tesco's!
Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: 1st House viewing in the morning!!

good luck guys, hope there,s not to many !
we have had ours up three weeks and it getting me dowm already

geex
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

best of luck i remember the feeling well of the first viewing. now 30 odd viewers later I'm just sick of the whole thing!!!Although we have accepted an offer now so hopefully all willo go O.K. :scared: Let us know how you get on.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:32 pm

electricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really nice
Smile Re: 1st House viewing in the morning!!

Cheers
Mark

Good luck with the viewing fingers crossed I notice you are from Notts, we are in Sandiacre, where are you? I don't know if you've read any earlier posts but there is a meet for Notts folks on the 25th Feb that you are welcome to come to, there's about 12 of us going already!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 8:50 pm
Brisbane here we come!

myedsore will become famous soon enoughmyedsore will become famous soon enough

Hi folks, just to let you know we had our first viewing on Sunday and couple seemed alright but didn't seem overly joyed. Well yesterday had a call to say the couple had put in an offer £20k lower than market value.
Told the agent we wouldn't sell for that low and managed to get another £8k out of them.
Trouble is I feel the house is over priced for the area and there final offer is £3k more than I felt was the minimum we would take. So we've decided to let them have it at that and save months of stressing. After all mortgage paid off etc it leaves us with a nice tidy profit of £100k to start our new life down under (dreaming of my new 4 bed 2 bath & pool house already, oh yeah and a triple size BBQ!!!)
Cheers
Mark
Old Feb 8th 2006, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks, just to let you know we had our first viewing on Sunday and couple seemed alright but didn't seem overly joyed. Well yesterday had a call to say the couple had put in an offer £20k lower than market value.
Told the agent we wouldn't sell for that low and managed to get another £8k out of them.
Trouble is I feel the house is over priced for the area and there final offer is £3k more than I felt was the minimum we would take. So we've decided to let them have it at that and save months of stressing. After all mortgage paid off etc it leaves us with a nice tidy profit of £100k to start our new life down under (dreaming of my new 4 bed 2 bath & pool house already, oh yeah and a triple size BBQ!!!)
Cheers
Mark

Great news