14 Year old

Old Jun 24th 2006, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

steve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the rough
Default 14 Year old

Hi

We are just at the stage of getting visa and the house is on the market, so hopefully going in 2-3 months to Brisbane.

Just lately our 14 year old daughterl has started to become lax in school becuase as she puts it "I am not going to be here long and not doing my GCSE's" She is very keen to go and has never indicated otherwise. We have even had some details from various schllos.

Our main concern and one that we keep reminding her about is that she needs to show her school reports to the new school and what she does now could effect choice of scholl in Brisbane.

Has anybody else gone through this stage.

Steve
Old Jun 24th 2006, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future
Default Re: 14 Year old

[QUOTE=steve & Heather]Hi

We are going through this at the moment with our 10 year old. Attitude really stinks when it comes to anything like school, fotball team, karate and swimming.

I have tried everything but am now fed up. We are hoping to go in about a month so if anyone has advice, it would be gratefully received.

Debs
Old Jun 24th 2006, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

in fact I had the same problem with my 10 year old daughter from getting 10 out 10 in her spelling every week, she has dropped to 3 to 4 right, her teacher was so concerned about her that I had to go to school. now she's been told if she carry on like this we wont go, and she has a lot to catch up. it seemed to have worked on her.
Old Jun 24th 2006, 4:59 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
in fact I had the same problem with my 10 year old daughter from getting 10 out 10 in her spelling every week, she has dropped to 3 to 4 right, her teacher was so concerned about her that I had to go to school. now she's been told if she carry on like this we wont go, and she has a lot to catch up. it seemed to have worked on her.

there is a main thread about this sort of stuff bout kids somewhere, we have got 4 kids 3,8,13 and 15 today the youngest os none the wiser, the 8yr old is quite cool the other two are like we aint gonna av no friends etc etc.

but the folk on here are really cool on here and alot of them have already been there and got the t shirts, they are a wealth of info and are very nice ppl,
Old Jun 25th 2006, 11:17 am
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steve & Heather
Hi

We are just at the stage of getting visa and the house is on the market, so hopefully going in 2-3 months to Brisbane.

Just lately our 14 year old daughterl has started to become lax in school becuase as she puts it "I am not going to be here long and not doing my GCSE's" She is very keen to go and has never indicated otherwise. We have even had some details from various schllos.

Our main concern and one that we keep reminding her about is that she needs to show her school reports to the new school and what she does now could effect choice of scholl in Brisbane.

Has anybody else gone through this stage.

Steve
My 2 sons felt the same as your daughter does. There`s not a lot you can do but try and reason with them.

By the way when we got here and enrolled them in school they have never asked to see a previous school report.

Tracey x
Old Jun 25th 2006, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

steve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the rough

Hi
Thanks for the replies everybody, sometimes you think you are the only one with these concerns. It is reassuring to find out that others have the same concerns.

Tracey

Thanks for the info, we are looking at Helensvale State High School which school do your sons attend? I think that it was only one school out of five we have approached who wanted to see the previous reports, Ashleighs are fine at the moment but I would not want this lapse to hinder her choices.

We had two viewers around today one with something to sell the other not even on the market????

Steve
Old Jun 25th 2006, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

Hi
When I enrolled my then 13 year old at school here in Australia they never asked for previous school reports. After a few months in Year 9 she was moved up to Year 10 without any hassles.

Jo
Old Jun 25th 2006, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Hilton`s]My 2 sons felt the same as your daughter does. There`s not a lot you can do but try and reason with them.

By the way when we got here and enrolled them in school they have never asked to see a previous school report.

If they don't ask for previous reports, how do they know the abilities of the kids involved. I have a high ability aged 8 who gets bored easily and refuses to do work that is too easy for him. I don't want him to be earmarked as lazy or low ability if he doesn't try.

Debs