137 visa????

Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:31 am
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of
Question 137 visa????

Hi all

We posted a thread regarding being lt down by our famiy sponsor and have been trawling the visa's to find one that may be worth following up.We have noticed the 137 visa and would be interested to know if this has been pursued by anyone or if you have any info with regards to timescales.Is it quicker than the 138 visa??I already have my TRA back all ok.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:36 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 137 visa????

137 visas are priority processed (unlike 138s), and visa processing times are - in my experience - typically between 4 and 6 months.

Maybe also have a look at www.austimeline.com ?

Best regards.

Originally Posted by jon&kate
Hi all

We posted a thread regarding being lt down by our famiy sponsor and have been trawling the visa's to find one that may be worth following up.We have noticed the 137 visa and would be interested to know if this has been pursued by anyone or if you have any info with regards to timescales.Is it quicker than the 138 visa??I already have my TRA back all ok.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:52 am
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
137 visas are priority processed (unlike 138s), and visa processing times are - in my experience - typically between 4 and 6 months.

Maybe also have a look at www.austimeline.com ?

Best regards.
Cheers Allen thing is looking into thing's Victoria have my trade on the short list (print machinist) so i think this is the best option for us.Any ideas on the timescale for the 138's? Do you know if the regional visa is any good as when we first contacted an agent they mentioned something along the lines of "you cant move to brisbane but you can move to the sunshine coast as it's regional QLD" bearing in mind this was when we were looking at QLD as this is where wifes brother live's,but as we have been let down by him we have no need to go to QLD (not to say we wouldnt if it was possible).
Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:58 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

The last time I looked the Sunshine Coast was considered to be "regional" for the purpose of the SIR visa.

If the 138 visa subclass is a definite no-goer (because your brother in law won't sponsor you) I think your choice is:

- The ACT with a State Nomination

- Regional areas via a SIR (provisional) visa

- Finding an employer to sponsor you and then applying for an employer sponsored permanent residency visa

- Finding the $100k to claim the required bonus points (I recall you are 5 points short of the 136 visa points pass mark)

Hope this helps. I think you already have an agent helping you, so I ought not say too much more in case I'm overstepping the mark!

Best regards.

Cheers Allen thing is looking into thing's Victoria have my trade on the short list (print machinist) so i think this is the best option for us.Any ideas on the timescale for the 138's? Do you know if the regional visa is any good as when we first contacted an agent they mentioned something along the lines of "you cant move to brisbane but you can move to the sunshine coast as it's regional QLD" bearing in mind this was when we were looking at QLD as this is where wifes brother live's,but as we have been let down by him we have no need to go to QLD (not to say we wouldnt if it was possible).
Old Sep 11th 2006, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

The last time I looked the Sunshine Coast was considered to be "regional" for the purpose of the SIR visa.

If the 138 visa subclass is a definite no-goer (because your brother in law won't sponsor you) I think your choice is:

- The ACT with a State Nomination

- Regional areas via a SIR (provisional) visa

- Finding an employer to sponsor you and then applying for an employer sponsored permanent residency visa

- Finding the $100k to claim the required bonus points (I recall you are 5 points short of the 136 visa points pass mark)

Hope this helps. I think you already have an agent helping you, so I ought not say too much more in case I'm overstepping the mark!

Best regards.

I'd say they should transfer their application to you
Old Sep 11th 2006, 8:14 am
jon&a mp;kate

Originally Posted by WendyC
I'd say they should transfer their application to you
your not overstepping the mark Allen so no probs there mate.The reason for asking all the question's is that as im in the position of being made redundant time is not on our side if it means waiting 12 month's for a visa.If it's a case of a visa taking around six month's then my redundancy money will cover that period and it takes the pressure of a little.In an ideal world QLD would be good as we have been there but its also a case of going somewhere that has good house prices and job's.Do you think the 137 is a good visa or are other's better for our situation.If we invest the 100k then we will be left with a small amount of money in oz.What is the sir???? (any good????) sorry for all the question's but we are desperate to move thing's forward.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

your not overstepping the mark Allen so no probs there mate.The reason for asking all the question's is that as im in the position of being made redundant time is not on our side if it means waiting 12 month's for a visa.If it's a case of a visa taking around six month's then my redundancy money will cover that period and it takes the pressure of a little.In an ideal world QLD would be good as we have been there but its also a case of going somewhere that has good house prices and job's.Do you think the 137 is a good visa or are other's better for our situation.If we invest the 100k then we will be left with a small amount of money in oz.What is the sir???? (any good????) sorry for all the question's but we are desperate to move thing's forward.

The 137 is a good visa, we were going to use it at first before they changed the MODL list. The hard part is getting the sponsorship from the state/territory that you are looking at, but a good agent will help you with that part. 137

SIR is a provisional visa and is temporary for three years. Here is a link to the relevant visa for you to take a look at what is required. SIR

Personally I'd be going for either the 137 or 136, mainly because they are permanent.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:21 am
jon&a mp;kate

Originally Posted by WendyC
The 137 is a good visa, we were going to use it at first before they changed the MODL list. The hard part is getting the sponsorship from the state/territory that you are looking at, but a good agent will help you with that part. 137

SIR is a provisional visa and is temporary for three years. Here is a link to the relevant visa for you to take a look at what is required. SIR

Personally I'd be going for either the 137 or 136, mainly because they are permanent.
thanks for that will be looking into the 137 in greater detail.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 12:18 am
Migration Agent

I might be in the eyes of your existing agent though ...

Best regards.

your not overstepping the mark Allen so no probs there mate.

<snip>
Old Sep 12th 2006, 12:22 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I might be in the eyes of your existing agent though ...

Best regards.
If the existing agent were doing there job then there would be no Q's for you to answer
Old Sep 12th 2006, 12:26 am
Migration Agent

Not necessarily ... I'm sure there are some applicants who post on this forum but who have agents who don't participate here. As a rule I'd suggest the applicant's agent should be approached first for guidance on visa strategy, etc.

Otherwise, what are you paying for?!

Best regards.

Originally Posted by biggy
If the existing agent were doing there job then there would be no Q's for you to answer
Old Sep 12th 2006, 12:29 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Not necessarily ... I'm sure there are some applicants who post on this forum but who have agents who don't participate here. As a rule I'd suggest the applicant's agent should be approached first for guidance on visa strategy, etc.

Best regards.
My poor agent must have had typers cramp after emailing answers to all my questions lol
Old Sep 13th 2006, 8:17 am
jon&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;a mp;kate

Best regards.
We got an e-mail back from agent regarding option's for visa's.But as it's night time in nz i cant ask something but maybe you can help???When looking for print machinest on stni list in various states some sites i look at state it's on victoria's and act but on other's it's not?its very confusing?Any idea's what is the truth?
Old Sep 13th 2006, 8:42 am
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

Hi all

I first looked at 137 visa but having looked into it further Im applying for a 134 visa (STNI) for Victoria. This visa is PR and prority processed. Not many people know a lot about it but you dont need 12 months work experience (just 6). You agree to go on a skill matching database where employers can 'sponsor you' and finish off the visa processing. Or alternatively, sort your own job out before you go and get the new employer to do this (all they need to do is fill out a form and send it off to DIMA - it doesnt cost the employer any $'s). Only then do you pay your visa fee of £685. Read all about it in the DIMA Booklet 6.

Hope this helps?

Diane
Old Sep 13th 2006, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We got an e-mail back from agent regarding option's for visa's.But as it's night time in nz i cant ask something but maybe you can help???When looking for print machinest on stni list in various states some sites i look at state it's on victoria's and act but on other's it's not?its very confusing?Any idea's what is the truth?

Here's the lists for all the states shortage lists, these are the official government sites, so these list will be right

Victoria

South Australia

Western Australia

ACT

Tasmania