12 months in oz

Old Jan 17th 2004, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default 12 months in oz

I am going to oz for 12 months in a few weeks time i think i have everything i would need with me or might need while there can anyone recommend must haves and anything else i should sort out etc.

as im sure when i go away there will be something i have missed out.

also as the time is near to going i am getting a little nervous as to if i am doing the right thing or not haveing time out there for a year, i have already give my notice for my job and will stop this friday the following week i am away.

im not sure if i have done the right thing here but i dont get many people saying they wished they had not, i am 32 on my next birthday and still single so looking to check out the place to see if its somewhere i can live and maybe move back there one day.

who knows maybe i will meet that lady thats missing in my life and not want to come back home.

can anyone tell me there thoughts when they went over for 12 months on a working visa.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Good for you for being so brave!

I hope u meet the woman of your dreams and have a great time out there, its amazing how many people in their 30s are reassessing their life and doing something totally different (OI'm 35 so an old bint!!)
Old Jan 17th 2004, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hey if you dont do it you will regret it , so go for it . Pauls mate at work came out the same as you , and he applied from this end , didnt think he would even qualify , he did and is still here 8 yrs on . Life is to short , we all wonder if we have done the right thing , but i think you have to be positive go for it , dont look back . Good luck .
Joanne
Old Jan 18th 2004, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 12 months in oz

Originally posted by brian.w
I am going to oz for 12 months in a few weeks time i think i have everything i would need with me or might need while there can anyone recommend must haves and anything else i should sort out etc.

also as the time is near to going i am getting a little nervous as to if i am doing the right thing or not haveing time out there for a year, i have already give my notice for my job and will stop this friday the following week i am away.

im not sure if i have done the right thing here but i dont get many people saying they wished they had not, i am 32 on my next birthday and still single so looking to check out the place to see if its somewhere i can live and maybe move back there one day.

who knows maybe i will meet that lady thats missing in my life and not want to come back home.

can anyone tell me there thoughts when they went over for 12 months on a working visa.
I came to Australia on a year's WHV and I'm still here 24 years later. Best decision I ever made...
Old Jan 18th 2004, 6:12 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I came here on a WHV with the intention of not meeting anyone and having a laugh. 4 months in Sydney and I had fallen for the lady who is now my wife.

You have little to lose and plenty to gain from your trip. You are right in that it does not work out for everyone but the footloose and fancy free seem to have a ball out here.

Bundy is another poster who met an Aussie on her WHV and is in the process of going back.

At the end of the day you are highly likely to enjoy yourself even if you do not decide to settle.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 7:44 am
Merlot

Came in 1997 on 12 month working visa, met my hubby in first couple of weeks (he is originally from England), was married within the year and still married 6 years on. Been in Oz ever since.

Moving back to Blighty for a couple of years in March 2004 as I never intended to stay in Oz forever, love being a Citizen of the world.

Go with what you feel, take every opportunity in life and enjoy!

Best wishes
Merlot

PS I am 34 this year so never too old to move around and see the world! The world is full of fab people and maybe that special lady.