Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

10 Things You Like About Oz

10 Things You Like About Oz

Old Jan 21st 2005, 1:39 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 10 Things You Like About Oz

1) it's usually warm, with sunshine and gorgeous blue skys

2) it's where I'm from, and it's a fantastic country (and no, I have no chip on my shoulder as Australian's apparently do...)

3) Mud crab is delicious, and spanner crabs... and sand crabs... barra steaks, flathead, scallops, banana prawns.... and bbq's too...yum yum

4) The flora and fauna are special and they look 'right' to me.

5) the never ending countryside makes me feel calm inside.

6) a sunset in Oz is like nothing else.

7) National parks, beaches, the red centre....

8) I'm coming back home with my Hubby to live... now that's great

9) it's a place where many people feel happy, but like all countries, nothing is perfect, and it can only be what you make it.

10) the smell of eucalpyt trees on a stinker of a day in summer...

Last edited by Brissiegirl; Jan 21st 2005 at 2:31 pm. Reason: b*@!%y typos!
Old Jan 21st 2005, 2:29 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

1) My sterling will buy me a very comfortable way of life and...
2) ... My wife will give up work meaning I don't have to do the housework any more
3) The sunlight is brighter and the sky blue so no winter depression
4) The warmer weather means we won't have to go into semi-hibernation for 4 months of the year
5) Its slightly further away from the warmonger George Bush
6) Restaurants serve fresh food not microwaved pap
7) Most places have friendly staff who provide good service
8) The absence of chavs on street corners and outside the shops giving you evils
9) The beer may be too cold and crap but the wine is great and cheap
10) Kylie in hot pants
Old Jan 21st 2005, 2:35 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
10) Kylie in hot pants
She lives in the UK, the blonde nurse from Neighbours is still in Oz though & she would look good in hotpants.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 2:38 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
She lives in the UK, the blonde nurse from Neighbours is still in Oz though & she would look good in hotpants.
The dippy blonde that split up with toady is nice too.

Come to think of there has been a lot of babes in Neighbours. I must return to my student ways and start watching it regularly again.

It will also give me a totally realistic impression of what life is like in Australia
Old Jan 21st 2005, 2:56 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

The dippy blonde that split up with toady is nice too.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 3:03 pm
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
What did I say? I must like dippy blondes or I wouldn't be with you
Old Jan 21st 2005, 3:19 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Oi! keep your matrimonials to behind closed doors, not in public please
Old Jan 21st 2005, 3:23 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Opps
Toady NOT today!!!!

Anyway what where you doing watching TV in the afternoon!

Last edited by thpinkpussycat; Jan 21st 2005 at 3:26 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 3:31 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Boost Juice
Boost Juice
Boost Juice
Boost Juice
Boost Juice
Boost Juice
Boost Juice
Boost Juice
Boost Juice
Boost Juice
Old Jan 21st 2005, 4:04 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

cant believe i've waded through a thread a year old but glad its been resurrected heres my list:

EMPTY BEACHES - sorry dont know why there is a problem liking em

PARROTS

SUN

SCENERY (tas)

KOOKABURRAHS

WOODEN HOUSES

FRESH FRUITS I'D NEVER SEEN BEFORE

FAIRY PENGUINS

HUGH JACKMAN

BROWNES CHOCOLATE MILK
Old Jan 21st 2005, 4:51 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by Merlot
The plane out!!!

Only kidding, I think when I get back to Blighty I will certainly start to think of those things I will miss.

It is hard at the moment as looking forward to getting back to the UK! I'm sure this excitement will wane!!!

Good luck to those arriving.

Merlot
Just re-read my old post, have to say I don't miss too much to be honest.

Mainly sun on your face (but not humidity), makes you feel better
Clear blue skies
Not having to get wrapped up to go out
Being able to dress like an Aussie Chav with singlet, thongs and shorts and no-one batters and eye lid
Friends still there
We felt it we could live day to day for a lot less cash

Just enjoying the wonderful things of the UK and before anyone says anything, I would say open your eyes as there is beautiful countryside, more choice with food & drink and my family!

M

Old Jan 23rd 2005, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fuzzyness
i like the fact that when you walk into any public convenience or cubicle in a pub or restaurant they all have locks on the doors, they are clean and they have toilet paper in them. why can australia do this and britain fail so miserably so often.

Well, not all public toilets! We stopped at a remote rest stop in the middle of nowhere, and the toilets consisted of a bloody great hole in the ground with a wooden seat on top (visions of that scene in Trainspotting". The smell was totally indescribable. Luckily, us guys dont need to linger long, or sit down, so it was possible to do what had to be done with breath held! My wife however was not so lucky...
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 2:10 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trevglas
Well, not all public toilets! We stopped at a remote rest stop in the middle of nowhere, and the toilets consisted of a bloody great hole in the ground with a wooden seat on top (visions of that scene in Trainspotting". The smell was totally indescribable. Luckily, us guys dont need to linger long, or sit down, so it was possible to do what had to be done with breath held! My wife however was not so lucky...
Better than squatting behind a tree though .
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 2:18 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Merlot
Not having to get wrapped up to go out
You may not have to get wrapped up in clothes but you certainly have to cover yourself with sunblock. And clothes don't wear out after a couple of hours!
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 5:30 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MarkMyWords
You may not have to get wrapped up in clothes but you certainly have to cover yourself with sunblock.
Oh - Why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.