Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

10 Things You Like About Oz

10 Things You Like About Oz

Old Feb 24th 2004, 12:21 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

1. Kangeroos and hopefully seeeing a dolphin

2. Sitting in a cafe/restautrant by the coast

3. Margaret River

4. The wildlife (not the insects)

5. The Autumn

6. Pizza Hut pizza is very cheap

7. Petrol/diesel prices

8. Our car

9. Not a bad size house

10. Tim Tams

In that order. Struggled to find 10 things though.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 12:25 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 Things You Like About Oz

Originally posted by bondipom
You have whinged about blighty in the past.
I think he could whinge at an International level. Its quite good fun rubbishing him though cos he cant seem to string together a reasoned argument rather a load of old repetitve broad sweep generalisations

Daz don't be bitter, let go, move on embrace blighty and all that you love about her.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 12:30 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by WBB
i think your in the wrong thread, quorn man is going off on one in the other thread.

:scared:
Nah! I'm here just to annoy you.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 12:33 am
dazuk

Originally posted by HUP
I think he could whinge at an International level. Its quite good fun rubbishing him though cos he cant seem to string together a reasoned argument rather a load of old repetitve broad sweep generalisations

Daz don't be bitter, let go, move on embrace blighty and all that you love about her.
Dats rite rude boy i cnat konvese innit, ei is jus a thik pommee now go and shag ye cageroos ya wommbat batty bous

Old Feb 24th 2004, 12:37 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

1 - The wife and her family

2 - The national parks

3 - The low price of eating out (genuine 4 star meal last week for $25 each)

4 - The lack of crowds

5 - Easy driving, in the country..

6 - Untouched areas still abound, away from the eastern seaboard at least

7 - The fishing

8 - Friendly, helpful people

9 - Coopers beer (although i do prefer British beer )

10 - Slower, easier pace of life......in the country
Old Feb 24th 2004, 12:59 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dazuk
Dats rite rude boy i cnat konvese innit, ei is jus a thik pommee now go and shag ye cageroos ya wommbat batty bous
oooiii, who you calling a kangaroo. Why don't you piss off back to the "going back to uk forum" you're much more welcome in there, oh and take your razor blades with ya
Old Feb 24th 2004, 1:26 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

You keep forgetting Daz I don't refer to you as a Pommie whinger. Like I said yesterday "A twat that whinges". And hey look your living up to it.

I don't know what dialect you've slipped into there. Is it Twatwonese by any chance?
Old Feb 24th 2004, 1:36 am
Merlot

The plane out!!!

Only kidding, I think when I get back to Blighty I will certainly start to think of those things I will miss.

It is hard at the moment as looking forward to getting back to the UK! I'm sure this excitement will wane!!!

Good luck to those arriving.

Merlot

Old Feb 24th 2004, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

1. Not being surrounded by grumpy people

2. Glorious beaches

3. Great weather

4. Just walking along the beach/coast is a simple joy

5. Lovely cafes

6. Great new friends

7. little lizards & cricket noises

8. Fishing ( )

9. Sports for kids

10. Having a house which we think is great even though by Oz
standards its a starter home
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Where you can buy decent European beer at twice the price of the UK, or drink the natives piss, HMMMMM nice

I live in Adelaide Daz...you obviously never lived there!!

Now..why dont you piss off over to the other side with the rest of the whingers and jack off on misery!!

Appologies to everyone on the board for my outburst, but i have come to the conclusion that being kind, polite and helful on this forum is a waste of time and effort, so i have altered my persona........ sorry.... all those with delicate dispositions be warned
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:14 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by podgypossum
I live in Adelaide Daz...you obviously never lived there!!

Now..why dont you piss off over to the other side with the rest of the whingers and jack off on misery!!

Appologies to everyone on the board for my outburst, but i have come to the conclusion that being kind, polite and helful on this forum is a waste of time and effort, so i have altered my persona........ sorry.... all those with delicate dispositions be warned
Sounds familiar!

I think WBB got a bit of a shock when the bitten bit!

Sometimes being polite doesn't work. Asking people nicely not to do something which annoys or upsets you, and getting ignored, and having them continue to do the same things, just because it amuses them to piss you off, gets old, very quickly. So - give as good as you get.

Anyway, a little while back there was quite a bit of whinging about how staid and boring the forum had got, and how we could use some controversy.
Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

We shall fight them on the beaches...........

Never has so much been sacrificed by so few, for so many....

Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:18 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Daz have you ever considered suicide? I am not suggesting it but your complete negativity about everywhere makes me wonder how you get out of bed in the morning.

Wilkinson Sword double edged Razor blades - $10.70/pack

Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:23 am
I like kittens.

Originally posted by podgypossum
We shall fight them on the beaches...........

Never has so much been sacrificed by so few, for so many....

Or, as my dad (who was a Spitfire pilot in the Battle of Britain) used to say:

"Never, in the field of human conflict, have so many, been buggered about, by so few!!"

Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:34 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

To bring you rabble back on topic.
[list=1][*]MrsDagBoy and her family[*]Fishing[*]Being able to afford a boat and having the weather to enjoy it[*]Laid Back attitude[*]Friendly helpful people (mostly)[*]The works of Messrs Cooper, Squire and Boag [*]Miles of empty beach to drive on[*]Less congested roads and the consistent commute to work[*]Cheap and fresh exotic fruit in the shops and exotic wildlife in the yard [*]Working fewer hours a week[/list=1]

Cheers,

DagBoy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.