Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

*On arrival* to do lists?

*On arrival* to do lists?

Old Jul 21st 2004, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default *On arrival* to do lists?

Hi guys
I've been searching for Carrianne's three part lists, but to no avail. Can someone post a link coz I'm trying to put together an on-arrival to-do-list... any other arrival tips would be mucho appreciated.
Ta
Larissa
Old Jul 21st 2004, 7:45 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *On arrival* to do lists?

What I do for you women

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=carrianne

Old Jul 21st 2004, 7:46 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Larissa
Hi guys
I've been searching for Carrianne's three part lists, but to no avail. Can someone post a link coz I'm trying to put together an on-arrival to-do-list... any other arrival tips would be mucho appreciated.
Ta
Larissa

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=171254

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=171256

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=171255
Old Jul 21st 2004, 7:46 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey Bix, I'd just done a search and found Part 2 and here you are, got the matching set.

Respect.

D D
Old Jul 21st 2004, 7:47 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Beat me to it Bix.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 7:50 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bordy
Beat me to it Bix.
and I missed the original thread as I was being cheeky to her on another thread

Da Boss wants to know why I can't do the dishes that quick
Old Jul 21st 2004, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, (Wow, what a response!)
I found 'em and am trawling through... but I haven't cobbled together that much... so please feel free to add!

This is what I "extracted" and added to so far... just for arrival...
ON ARRIVAL TO DO LIST
Cross off irrelevant stuff, then number 1 to 3…
1= important
2= would be nice to do
3 = optional or could be done in Aus.
Have a stiff drink!
Sort out mobile phones
Register with employment agencies (please add links??)
RENT REBATE WHEN YOU ARRIVE -
When you arrive as a permanent resident and you are looking for work you can claim a rebate on any rent you are paying. You only get the payment while you are not working and you get it from center link along with your child benefit.
Use cash back at the supermarket to avoid ATM charges
Get UBD Street Directory for your area.

Any city specific info would also be good, we could group it together. There is a lot on Brissy as Carrianne went there!
Old Jul 21st 2004, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

:lecture: Right then, I expect lots of info after me beauty sleep...

some more stuff
Medicare you need to wait 10 days after arrival then go into offices with passport and sign up.
Join the book and toy library, free of charge (ta Theresa)
Car rental in WA www.bayswatercarrental.com.au (ta Simone)
Register with bulk billing gp - any to recommend in Perth?

Last edited by Larissa; Jul 21st 2004 at 8:10 pm.