Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

***Moving to Perth 2009?***

***Moving to Perth 2009?***

Old Nov 15th 2008, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of
Default Re: ***Moving to Perth 2009?***

Originally Posted by mindblower
x

Says hello from Secret Harbour.

Dave[/QUOTE]

Hi Dave

Old Nov 15th 2008, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

the_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mindblower
x

Says hello from Secret Harbour.

Dave[/QUOTE]

Dave you are whe we want to be hun.....whereabouts on SH are you??? Whats it like???

Jo xx
Old Nov 16th 2008, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone's on Facebook I've started a group, see link in sig
Old Nov 16th 2008, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Boobie11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello future Perthlings!!!
We are really keen to hook up with anyone who is in limbo i.e applied for visa and waiting for outcome. If anyone is interested in sharing experiences with the whole process, perhaps feeling frustrated etc then we would love to have a chat either in the chat room or through this thread. Please get back with a time that is convenient and we will have a chat. We are emigrating to Perth in Western Australia.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

robtkd1 is a jewel in the roughrobtkd1 is a jewel in the roughrobtkd1 is a jewel in the roughrobtkd1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Boobie11
Hello future Perthlings!!!
We are really keen to hook up with anyone who is in limbo i.e applied for visa and waiting for outcome. If anyone is interested in sharing experiences with the whole process, perhaps feeling frustrated etc then we would love to have a chat either in the chat room or through this thread. Please get back with a time that is convenient and we will have a chat. We are emigrating to Perth in Western Australia.
Hi "boobie11" Where abouts in Perth are you guys headed?
Old Nov 16th 2008, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Boobie11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rob and Amber,

We love anywher by the ocean. We do not want to be too specific at the moment as things change but we want to be ideally by the Indian Ocean somewhere like Iluka, Port Kennedy, Rockingham, Secret Harbour, Mandurah or even Busselton.
Mark is wanting a job in the travel industry and me in recruitment. We are not sure what is going to manifeat yet but think that we want an environment that is suitable to accomodate our skills and experience.
How long have you both been there? Or are you there yet? What are your plans. We live in Bedford, England at the moment but wanting to catch up with couples in the same point...?
Hayden and Mark
Old Nov 16th 2008, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

robtkd1 is a jewel in the roughrobtkd1 is a jewel in the roughrobtkd1 is a jewel in the roughrobtkd1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Boobie11
Hi Rob and Amber,

We love anywher by the ocean. We do not want to be too specific at the moment as things change but we want to be ideally by the Indian Ocean somewhere like Iluka, Port Kennedy, Rockingham, Secret Harbour, Mandurah or even Busselton.
Mark is wanting a job in the travel industry and me in recruitment. We are not sure what is going to manifeat yet but think that we want an environment that is suitable to accomodate our skills and experience.
How long have you both been there? Or are you there yet? What are your plans. We live in Bedford, England at the moment but wanting to catch up with couples in the same point...?
Hayden and Mark
Hi Hayden abd Mark. We leave the uk on 27th Jan. We'll be staying with Amber's parents for the forseeable. We're expecting our first baby in march so i'll be finding a job (hopefully!) and checking out the hospitals and getting ready for the baby. I think i'll be pretty busy!
Old Nov 17th 2008, 6:07 am
Just Joined

emma270 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Katmac
Loved the area.!!
Liked the look of Quinns Baptist college for kids..
Visa took 9 months now we have it the housing market has crashed...
my kids go to Quinns Baptist College and have settled in real well. Such a great school. We live in Yanchep

Emma 31 Carl 30 Renee 11 logan 10 Heith 2 and Alyna 10 mth
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bridie
If anyone's on Facebook I've started a group, see link in sig
hi
good idea with the facebook easier way to keep intouch im there
Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:39 am
Just Joined

smith1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI THERE GOT JOB OFFER YESTERDAY ACCEPTED AND NOW STARTING VISA APPLICATION. DON'T KNOW WHERE WE WILL END UP IN PERTH BUT ME PETER 36 THE WIFE MARIE-CLAIRE??? JACOB 5 & JOSHUA 4 ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO THE BIG ADVENTURE. HOPE YOU TO HERE FROM OTHERS ALSO STARTING OR MOVING THROUGH VISA APPLICATION RELOCATION HEADACHES ETC ETC...
Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

georginabutcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

We have booked our flight and are leaving 30/12/2008. We are George (34) Dean (36) Sam (14) Charlee (9) Spencer (6). We are looking at settling in Leeming mainly because of schools and I have family near by.

We have tried this once before and even having family there found it hard.But that was 8 years ago and we have learnt from our mistakes (remembering the reasons we left in the first place).If we'd had access to a forum such as this at the time maybe we would have stuck it out longer than 9 months.It's a great idea meeting up and talking with people who are in the same boat as you, you can help each other through the period of adjustment. Our family didn't understand what we were going through trying to adjust.We all have to make the effort to make friends and a site like this is great!

Bye

Geroge n Co
Old Nov 20th 2008, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by georginabutcher
Hi Everyone,

We have booked our flight and are leaving 30/12/2008. We are George (34) Dean (36) Sam (14) Charlee (9) Spencer (6). We are looking at settling in Leeming mainly because of schools and I have family near by.

We have tried this once before and even having family there found it hard.But that was 8 years ago and we have learnt from our mistakes (remembering the reasons we left in the first place).If we'd had access to a forum such as this at the time maybe we would have stuck it out longer than 9 months.It's a great idea meeting up and talking with people who are in the same boat as you, you can help each other through the period of adjustment. Our family didn't understand what we were going through trying to adjust.We all have to make the effort to make friends and a site like this is great!

Bye

Geroge n Co

Hi Georgina,

Good luck with the move.

Donna.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

georginabutcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01
Hi Georgina,

Good luck with the move.

Donna.
Hi Donna,

Thanks for the support.I'm getting really nervous now, OH is too.Christmas is going to be a wash out, packers are coming christmas eve and then again on 29th (I think we timed this all wrong).

see ya
George
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Idlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really nice

Hi there, great to read all these comments some of which are a bit on the negative side but then i guess we compare north and south in the UK scotland to england etc so not really surprising there is an east verses west divide! We heading to Perth aug/sep 2009. I am dual citizen as my folks emigrated in the 80s. headed back to UK on backpacking trip in 90s and got married kids etc. Now heading back to be with my family in Perth. Its harder in some respects as i remember lots of Perth but of course its very different now. We hoping to move to vic park way as my bro lives there also my husband is an architect so hopefully will work in city. Right bfore you all drop off to sleep with my short novel here we are tryn and terry josh(8) frasr(7). ps if anyone has any comments on vic park area particularly schools that be great my bro kids grown up so he doesnt know cheers ps my hubby going for spouse visa anyone know how long that takes?
Old Nov 24th 2008, 5:25 am
Just Joined

marie-claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Im the other oh of smith72. We hopefully going to Perth late 09. I was just reading another thread about schools and it kinda got me wandering about the primary schools in perth. Does anyone using this thread have any pearls of wisdom in choosing primary schools. I know the majority of us moving out there will be in the same situation and i got abit freaked about the negative comments on the thread.
Marie-Claire

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.