**** - In need of Karma

**** - In need of Karma

Old Jun 17th 2005, 4:53 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sh1t - In need of Karma

Originally Posted by snowbunny
And they only get cold feet AFTER signing an agreement? They've had plenty of time to mull over things, but I guess in a rapidly changing market, if there are an excess of houses for sale, they can punt.

In the US you have 30 days from signing the agreement to closing.
That's when the financial undertaking and risk sink in. If more people in the UK insisted on a 10% deposit as part of the process there probably wouldn't be such a big problem.

I prefer the Scottish system. The NZ system works well, too.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: **** - In need of Karma

Originally Posted by storerg
The bloody house sale has fallen through today just two days before exchange and 9 days before compleation and 13 days before I was due to get on my flight to OZ.

How p1ssed off am I!!!

I am in much need of Karma at the moment.

Just seen post...Karma sent, so sorry about the sale

All the best with selling....everything crossed!!!

Sue x
Old Jun 17th 2005, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Karma_Chameleon is an unknown quantity at this point

seems like house selling is a total nightmare with no real legal proceedures that stick. i expect a lot of buyers to gazunder over the next couple of years as the prices fall faster. this quarter they have fell for the largest increment since 1990, but more to the point as you can now clearly see, the whole market has stopped dead top to bottom.

i think this is why you are getting very dodgy buyers at the moment and hardly any viewings on property. best to go back to your agency and give them some greif. at the end of the day the agencies, being commissioned based are advertising the cheapest deals in the plum press ads ust to get a sale. if your holding out they might be shuffling you to the bottom of the pile or even as a friend of mine discovered - not listing his property at all in the local papers.

id start with the agency. more viewings are whats needed and fast.
give your estate agent a kick up the butt on the phone.

best of british.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Seriously is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Karma_Chameleon
seems like house selling is a total nightmare with no real legal proceedures that stick. i expect a lot of buyers to gazunder over the next couple of years as the prices fall faster. this quarter they have fell for the largest increment since 1990, but more to the point as you can now clearly see, the whole market has stopped dead top to bottom.

i think this is why you are getting very dodgy buyers at the moment and hardly any viewings on property. best to go back to your agency and give them some greif. at the end of the day the agencies, being commissioned based are advertising the cheapest deals in the plum press ads ust to get a sale. if your holding out they might be shuffling you to the bottom of the pile or even as a friend of mine discovered - not listing his property at all in the local papers.

id start with the agency. more viewings are whats needed and fast.
give your estate agent a kick up the butt on the phone.

best of british.
Kick your agent up the butt - it's an interesting concept. Do you think agents are happy with the current state of the market? If I say to one of my clients 'you really need to sell because you are emigrating, I'd suggest going on at a very realistic price, if we're a bit low it does not matter because you may get offers over the asking price but if we're 25k too high we won't even get people in the door' ... guess what, I won't get instructed to sell and if I don't get instructed to sell I go out of business. But I've seen it all in the last 25 years of selling houses. So I have to play the vendor's game. Most vendors are greedy and have an absurdly optimistic view of what their house is worth. So I put it on 25k over the odds, spend hundreds of pounds on advertising and find it hard to get viewings. 8 weeks later I get sacked (or worse, get kicked up the butt (that's American for @rse right?) and then the property is given to another agent for 25k less, i.e. for what I suggested in the first place.

I tell you in a buoyant market we make good money - when it's like it is now - it makes you want to strangle vendors.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Originally Posted by storerg
The bloody house sale has fallen through today just two days before exchange and 9 days before compleation and 13 days before I was due to get on my flight to OZ.

How p1ssed off am I!!!

I am in much need of Karma at the moment.

Just seen the post,wish you the best of luck on your viewings.The same thing happened to us on Tuesday only 1 month into it but never the less a kick in the teeth.

dave