Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

VOIPBUSTER - Free Phone calls to Australia / UK

VOIPBUSTER - Free Phone calls to Australia / UK

Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default VOIPBUSTER - Free Phone calls to Australia / UK

If anyone wants to make free calls to any landline in UK or Australia then go to www.voipbuster.com. Download the program to your PC and enjoy!!

You can also dial loads of other countries free of charge and reduced rates for all others
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:36 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: VOIPBUSTER - Free Phone calls to Australia / UK

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
If anyone wants to make free calls to any landline in UK or Australia then go to www.voipbuster.com. Download the program to your PC and enjoy!!

You can also dial loads of other countries free of charge and reduced rates for all others
This is fantastic, you can talk to someone absolutely free for one minute ! ! !

Have you actually tried it?

Have you paid your Euro?

If you have, what is the longest conversation you have had for free?

I must admit it is crystal clear to a landline in this country and no delay at all. Have not tried Oz yet as cannot be @rsed to keep redialing every sixty seconds!

I have not tried Skype yet but if its like this then I will be.

R.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Bengyboo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VOIPBUSTER - Free Phone calls to Australia / UK

Originally Posted by Carruss
This is fantastic, you can talk to someone absolutely free for one minute ! ! !

Have you actually tried it?

Have you paid your Euro?

If you have, what is the longest conversation you have had for free?

I must admit it is crystal clear to a landline in this country and no delay at all. Have not tried Oz yet as cannot be @rsed to keep redialing every sixty seconds!

I have not tried Skype yet but if its like this then I will be.

R.
Skype is brilliant!!

Not only are calls from PC to PC absolutely free, but they have a new service where people can call you in OZ (or anywhere) on your skype number from a UK landline, and be charged only a UK call cost.

I think they have called it Skype-in.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 5:53 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bengyboo
Skype is brilliant!!

Not only are calls from PC to PC absolutely free, but they have a new service where people can call you in OZ (or anywhere) on your skype number from a UK landline, and be charged only a UK call cost.

I think they have called it Skype-in.
I think I will try Skype one day but the relatives out in Oz at the momeny only use a dial-up connection. I have heard that both parties need Broadband.

The software above is good as you can dial a landline directly but it is not free. It is a beta version so the charges I suppose are just around the corner. Mind you, at the moment its one Euro but not sure how long that will last and I am a bit wary about registering one Euro as I am sure credit cards have a minimum charge etc.

Thats why I would like to know if the original poster has actually paid or not. or anyone else for that matter.

R.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 7:51 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I think I will try Skype one day but the relatives out in Oz at the momeny only use a dial-up connection. I have heard that both parties need Broadband.

The software above is good as you can dial a landline directly but it is not free. It is a beta version so the charges I suppose are just around the corner. Mind you, at the moment its one Euro but not sure how long that will last and I am a bit wary about registering one Euro as I am sure credit cards have a minimum charge etc.

Thats why I would like to know if the original poster has actually paid or not. or anyone else for that matter.

R.
I've just paid the one euro and it gives you a 0845 phone number which you can call your computer with from a landline.

Which is brilliant as peeps will be able to phone me when in Oz for the price of a national call.

I got the missus to ring it and it was crystal
Old Jun 17th 2005, 7:52 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

R.
No, you dont both have to have broadband, I tried it with someone who was on dialup (I'm on BB) and it worked fine, just a slight delay that's all but after a couple of minutes you got used to it.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

I have not paid anything and I use Voipbuster all the time, I downloaded a new version yesterday and maybe this has the 1 minute limit (I haven't tried it yet. only a test call to a radio station in Brisbane)
I personally think Skype is a lot better (and it works on my MAC), it will be even better when they put video on it as well.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 8:23 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
I have not paid anything and I use Voipbuster all the time, I downloaded a new version yesterday and maybe this has the 1 minute limit (I haven't tried it yet. only a test call to a radio station in Brisbane)
I personally think Skype is a lot better (and it works on my MAC), it will be even better when they put video on it as well.
Have sent you some k
Old Jun 17th 2005, 8:28 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Skype all the way for me ... been using it since 2003 (pick of the names!). Now the proud owner of both Skype-Out and Skype-In accounts. I have an 0207 number that people can call me on and it rings on my PC or PDA if I'm out about about. My ageing dad (out in Oz) even bought the add-on phone which functions like a normal phone for local calls, but can use Skype wirelessly for International calls or in-bound free PC to PC calls from the UK. So very cool.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hutch
Skype all the way for me ... been using it since 2003 (pick of the names!). Now the proud owner of both Skype-Out and Skype-In accounts. I have an 0207 number that people can call me on and it rings on my PC or PDA if I'm out about about. My ageing dad (out in Oz) even bought the add-on phone which functions like a normal phone for local calls, but can use Skype wirelessly for International calls or in-bound free PC to PC calls from the UK. So very cool.
Hi Hutch,

We have downloaded Skype and use it to ring out but didn't know you could get a number to give out to people. Where will we find this ?

Cheers,
Old Jun 17th 2005, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Bengyboo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skyblue
Hi Hutch,

We have downloaded Skype and use it to ring out but didn't know you could get a number to give out to people. Where will we find this ?

Cheers,
Its called SKype-in I think.

If you are in OZ and your family are in UK, you set up a UK based Skype number, which they call at UK rates, but it comes through to your PC in Oz.

Hutch is that correct?

I am in the process of distributing old PC's, setting up broadband and handing out VOIP phones to parents and sisters before we go.....Free calls will save me money in the long run.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 11:23 am
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: VOIPBUSTER - Free Phone calls to Australia / UK

Skype is the best !!!!

I've only been using skype for about 4 weeks and its the best thing since sliced bread.

I;ve got the Skypein service where you are allocated a U.K. Number (London) which people then dial and gets redirected to your computer in Australia, the quality is tops but you need an broadband service at your end.

I'm also using the normal telephone, you can get a USB device where you can use your normal telephone instead of trying to talk using the microphone on your computer.

Basically I have the skype software installed on my PC and needs to be left running all the time, when someone phones the London number it gets redirect via the internet to my computer which then rings the normal phone, I just pickup the phone like any normal call. You can also dial a normal land line number using skype and call rates are pretty good.

I've also got my partners parents a USB phone (bit like a nokia phone) in the U.K. this just connects to the computer and only cost 25 pound on ebay since skype to skype calls are free.

Skype to Skype Calls $FREE

Your own London Number to Skype Cost 10 euro for 3 months and then the person pays just the BT cost of calling the London number not Oz

Skype to U.K. Landline number Call rates starting something like $0.02 per minute

If you can get a USB device when you can use your normal phone then its a no brainer.

Voice of IP (telephone calls using the internet) have come a long way in the last year or two.

Basically is saves amounts of money over time, my partner can talk all day to her mum in the U.K. for free and the same go's for her mum, the only condition is that the computer needs to be online all the time and you need broadband both ends to use skype to skype.

If anyone needs more info just pm me.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 12:00 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Yea rapitts is on the money there. You just use your Skype log-in on the home page and follow the link to Skype-In. The beauty of it is that it's a transparent process - anyone calling that 0207 number in the UK is charged the standard BT rate and it doesn't matter whether your PC's in Brixton, Budapest or Brisbane - it rings your Skype account on your PC and you pick-up just like you would a standard Skype call. My dad swears by his phone - he bought it directly via the Skype site and since I know how non-geek he is, the fact that he's got it working well speaks volumes.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 4:26 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Originally Posted by Fraser
I've just paid the one euro and it gives you a 0845 phone number which you can call your computer with from a landline.
Was this by credit card or do they offer PayPal or other types of payment?

Still a bit wary of the company especially being a Beta version and their not based in UK either. I have bought stuff of the Internet but always from reputable companies etc.

Originally Posted by rapitts
Voice of IP (telephone calls using the internet) have come a long way in the last year or two.
Its actually Voice Over IP ! ! !

Its good to know all of this and I think I will look in to using Skype soon just to try it out.

R.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 4:28 pm

Was this by credit card or do they offer PayPal or other types of payment?

Still a bit wary of the company especially being a Beta version and their not based in UK either. I have bought stuff of the Internet but always from reputable companies etc.

Its actually Voice Over IP ! ! !

Its good to know all of this and I think I will look in to using Skype soon just to try it out.

R.

I used a credit card the company is based in Switzerland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.