Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

$20,000 for 3 bedroom hoose.

$20,000 for 3 bedroom hoose.

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 3:03 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default $20,000 for 3 bedroom hoose.

"Buyers must live in the property for at least five years."

20,000 _ that's all one of these 3-bedroom homes will cost
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 3:35 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $20,000 for 3 bedroom hoose.

lol!
They mention all the stuff the town has, except which jobs are available!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:19 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice

Hilarious. For just twenty grand you can live in hicksville until everyone else leaves and then find out your investment is in fact a liability.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:24 am
wombat42

No sane person would want to live out there in the middle of Woop Woop for 5 years even if you offered them 100 grand cash as well as the house.

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:28 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

True. Even if there were jobs, I wouldn't live there.
And probably not even Darwin, even if the prices are so cheap(though at least in Darwin you could be quite sure that houses prizes will continue to rise I imagine).
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 5:45 am
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Simone
True. Even if there were jobs, I wouldn't live there.
And probably not even Darwin, even if the prices are so cheap(though at least in Darwin you could be quite sure that houses prizes will continue to rise I imagine).
Oh, I dunno, Simone, I had the best steak sandwich ever at the Pine Creek pub......in fact we used to drive down from Darwin quite often, for just that reason. And why wouldn't you live in Darwin? I did, for 3 years, and found it quite a good place to be.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:05 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

As long as commodities are doing well Darwin prices will rise.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:06 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by TheCrone
Oh, I dunno, Simone, I had the best steak sandwich ever at the Pine Creek pub......in fact we used to drive down from Darwin quite often, for just that reason. And why wouldn't you live in Darwin? I did, for 3 years, and found it quite a good place to be.
Too hot.
Probably not much job prospects for Pascal (graphic designer, design agency)
No friends!
I like the green of the southwest... (though of course it would be green in Kakadu most of the time, and Lichfield, though never been there!)

Ah, you never know what can happen, but it's not very likely!
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:15 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

StateLine - Pine Creek
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:21 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by Megalania
Hmm, Harmony Gold is client of ours....
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:28 am
Banned

So, let's see - which will it be:

1. sell the house in Smellbum for $1,000,000 and put the money in Floating Rate Bonds at say 8%, rising with the cash rate, ditch the traffic and crowds and crime and cold and drizzle and SuperMarket prices where $80,000 a year leaves you poor and mizerable, or,

2. buy a place in the Sun for pocket change and work on getting back a discernable waistline digging in your garden while watching the watching the southern wage slaves toil to pay off their negative equity?
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 5:34 pm
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

Or you could go to Cowaramup, halfway between Perth and Geraldton, they're giving away blocks of land for free there.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by TheCrone
Or you could go to Cowaramup, halfway between Perth and Geraldton, they're giving away blocks of land for free there.
Mixup? Welcome to Coorow