toffee nosed

Old Apr 8th 2010, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

malcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nice
Default Re: toffee nosed

Originally Posted by indiebird
Puffi = Smurfs here I believe.... I know this as it is an icecream flavour... guess what colour??!! ;-) I would love a retro smurf duvet cover!!

My son doesn't care at all. I take him to Asda, we go round the clothes, I pick a load of stuff, he moans about trying it on, he tries it all on, he says 'yeah' to everything, I choose what I think looks best.... now my dd at 6 is another matter.....
Puffi! thats it. Boys def easier to dress, mine do know what they like though. Some kids here are top to toe design labels. We have some of the best dressed neds (Chavs) around! I used to be a bit of a tom boy but the older I get the more girly I get, if its pink and sparkles I have to have it. Think its living in an all male household! Saying that I do like 'little girls' to look just like that. I can only imagine how fraught your shopping trips with dd are!
Old Apr 9th 2010, 9:26 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dina1965
My 13yr (1.70m-75kg) is going through a fashion phase at the moment. Thank goodness I've worked out his exact size from TopMan: jeans online at eur 25 instead of the ridiculous prices in the shops here. This year I tried to get my SIL who has a 25yr old to pass on some items but she seemed shocked I'd let my son wear her son's used-one-season (therefore, old) piumino. My friends in the UK are always exchanging items...
At least his jeans won't fall down! At nearly 15 my son is same height as yours but 56kg!! No wonder I think his sister is "rounded" as she has the height but the weight to go with it. His belt broke while we were in Spain - I had to get him a cheap one off the market as he couldn't walk without holding his trousers up all the time! He needs the length but not the waist and always has done. It's a pain in a way though as he has to have a suit for school, bar getting one made I've caught lucky with Coin doing them for this age, but as he gets taller it is more difficult!
Old Apr 9th 2010, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

dina1965 will become famous soon enoughdina1965 will become famous soon enough

no... but he wants them to sag down ... otherwise noone can see the top of his "designer" knickers !!!!!

We're quite strict on everything else but I'm sure that because I lived in a school uniform until I was 18 and my parents always insisted I dressed appropriately, which translated means "like my mum", I do tend to give in to his fashion requests. much to my OH's disapproval
Old Apr 9th 2010, 7:01 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but in Spain we were seeing way too much of Alex's kecks!! They were quite literally falling down! He does wear them low, like you say it is a thing that teenage boys seem to have been doing for about a decade now, why I have no clue, it started with the designer undies, but it doesn't seem to matter now! I suppose it's a form of rebellion....Does your son have labels he will wear and then others he won't touch with a barge pole? Mine will wear Guess, Diesel, Puma and some Zara as long as it isn't obviously Zara (!) and if I can get them on discount he doesn't say no to Armani Jeans and Polo, (shock horror!), he also like the Sixty brands for men like Energie and Murphy&Nye, but even suggest Gap, Next or M&S, unless it's for undies and basics, and he runs a mile!! And they say girls are difficult!!

Also my dad didn't stand a chance! I did design as my degree so most of my clothes I made or were bang up to the minute fashion wise. I could carry it then being a size 8/10. I can always remember him telling me not to bend over in a really short mini I had! I still love clothes, I just put the good ones on my kids now instead!

Last edited by TestaRossa; Apr 9th 2010 at 7:04 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Yeah, but in Spain we were seeing way too much of Alex's kecks!! They were quite literally falling down! He does wear them low, like you say it is a thing that teenage boys seem to have been doing for about a decade now, why I have no clue, it started with the designer undies, but it doesn't seem to matter now! I suppose it's a form of rebellion....Does your son have labels he will wear and then others he won't touch with a barge pole? Mine will wear Guess, Diesel, Puma and some Zara as long as it isn't obviously Zara (!) and if I can get them on discount he doesn't say no to Armani Jeans and Polo, (shock horror!), he also like the Sixty brands for men like Energie and Murphy&Nye, but even suggest Gap, Next or M&S, unless it's for undies and basics, and he runs a mile!! And they say girls are difficult!!

Also my dad didn't stand a chance! I did design as my degree so most of my clothes I made or were bang up to the minute fashion wise. I could carry it then being a size 8/10. I can always remember him telling me not to bend over in a really short mini I had! I still love clothes, I just put the good ones on my kids now instead!
This winter all he would wear were white tshirts (cklein) under v-necked jumpers (benetton), jeans (energie/diesel/topman) and timberland boots. It's become his uniform. He now wants shirts which are a nightmare to find because of the sizing and "Cheap Monday" jeans. He won't wear anything with the designers name emblazoned on the front - says he's not a billboard ! so the D&G sweatshirts my SIL got him are just sitting in his wardrobe. He is however extremely fussy about belts and shoes - I gave into his request for a pair of prada sport last week (but as you say, the good stuff goes to the kids !)
I would have killed for a mini when I was younger, now I wouldn't be seen dead in a skirt ! Walking to school I used to hitch up my skirt and use my tie as a belt but it only lasted to the school gates where there was a nun checking us over before we walked in. Ahhhh the notes our parents got sent ... those were the good old days !
Old Apr 10th 2010, 9:33 am
The Original Red Head!

Lol! Who says boys are easier to dress?! You can order shirts online from places like Charles tyrwhitt. We get all my sons school shirts there, so they are formal with a stiff collar but in every shade and pattern plus non iron cotton. If you buy 4 you get a special deal plus they not only do collar size but sleeve length.

My clothes rebellion was restricted to holidays but I let loose in the 6th form - no uniform!!
Old Apr 10th 2010, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
plus non iron cotton.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 4:23 pm
The Original Red Head!

They work too! My OH only buys them now, as soon as he puts one on his body heat removes any creases! They are really brill!