toffee nosed

Old Apr 5th 2010, 3:15 pm
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice
Default toffee nosed

Does anyone know the origins of why sometimes Italians walk in usually a chevron formation with there noses in the air, usually Sundays and sometimes on the sea front they walk past my house and its embarrassing they look so silly, I had seen it in northern italy but they do it here as well, you know what I mean jumpers draped over the shoulders and snooty expression even kids join in
Old Apr 5th 2010, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: toffee nosed

Originally Posted by bricwood
Does anyone know the origins of why sometimes Italians walk in usually a chevron formation with there noses in the air, usually Sundays and sometimes on the sea front they walk past my house and its embarrassing they look so silly, I had seen it in northern italy but they do it here as well, you know what I mean jumpers draped over the shoulders and snooty expression even kids join in
they don't want to mix with non-northern italians!! They think it's going to dilute their 'pure' blood!!!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

dina1965 will become famous soon enoughdina1965 will become famous soon enough

don't know the origin. Men all dressed the same, tight ankle length jeans or khakis, hogan, blue shirts or bright lacostes, jumpers draped over jackets (won't fit if jumper is worn), sunglasses even when it's cloudy ... lungomare Salerno. And every other lungomare or corso in every provincial city in Italy.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 4:31 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

La passaggiata. All about what you wear. In Verona they dress for the catwalk, Armani, D&G etc. At least fur coats have gone out of fashion.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 4:58 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

more pleasant on the eye than a group of chavs with their pitbulls
Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

Originally Posted by duffer
more pleasant on the eye than a group of chavs with their pitbulls
Can't say that Mr D he may miss his chavs and pitbulls
Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mr Posh
Can't say that Mr D he may miss his chavs and pitbulls
'Bricwood,' the eel saver, Mr P, doesn't think like you and is a very nice person so there !!!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

pwalmsley is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha Ha Ha LOL its so true what you are saying. When we are in N/I in July/August, its so hot. There I am under the shade with lank hair and the sweat dripping from me. When my neighbors walk out in the afternoon looking as cool as cucumber, the wife more so with her combed back hair and perfect make up, it leaves me feeling a complete slob. On the other hand I think stuff it.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

We went up to the mountains today for a walk and I saw it all.... a woman actually bent down and turned up her hubbie's jeans so they wouldn't go anywhere near the snow (they were too far up his ankles in the first place to go near the snow) whilst he just stood there puffing on a huge cigar.... OH asked whether I would ever do it for him.... I gave him 'the look'.... he didn't say anything more!

Last edited by indiebird; Apr 5th 2010 at 7:48 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

malcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nicemalcesine99 is just really nice

So true, I love watching them though! The confidence /arrogance is inbred in them. My Italian relies cannot be placed in this category though, its all Kappa tracksuits (the shinier the better, purple and green good too) on a Sunday.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 1:48 pm
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

There are Italian chavs too they drink beer at 9.30 in the morning at the bar near me, I could never make the grade as a chav, my hair is too long, never worn a baseball cap in my life, got some nice trilby's from Milan but its too windy here, the Italians are a breed alright they all ways seemed concerned at what I am eating , I don't want to go round there houses for dinner! the novelty wore of long ago, I had to keep my blinds down yesterday and pretend I was out, I emerged at 4 knowing they had eaten even then I had to meet all the family who arrived for easter, I should gone for the light house!
Old Apr 6th 2010, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

There are Italian chavs too they drink beer at 9.30 in the morning at the bar near me, I could never make the grade as a chav, my hair is too long, never worn a baseball cap in my life, got some nice trilby's from Milan but its too windy here, the Italians are a breed alright they all ways seemed concerned at what I am eating , I don't want to go round there houses for dinner! the novelty wore of long ago, I had to keep my blinds down yesterday and pretend I was out, I emerged at 4 knowing they had eaten even then I had to meet all the family who arrived for easter, I should gone for the light house!
Agree, food, what was eaten yesterday, has eaten today and having tomorrow is discussed here as much as we talk about the weather....When I bump into locals in supermarket their eyes descend like a scene from Dr Who to see what I have in basket, think they think I must live off kit-kats and Friskies dried cat food Light-house sound like a good idea B....
Old Apr 6th 2010, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Cherry B is just really niceCherry B is just really niceCherry B is just really niceCherry B is just really niceCherry B is just really niceCherry B is just really niceCherry B is just really niceCherry B is just really nice

Originally Posted by malcesine99
So true, I love watching them though! The confidence /arrogance is inbred in them. My Italian relies cannot be placed in this category though, its all Kappa tracksuits (the shinier the better, purple and green good too) on a Sunday.
Really, poor lovey, you do have my sympathy
Old Apr 7th 2010, 7:08 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I never understood the Sunday afternoon walk all dressed up to the nines, little boys and girls looking like mini princes and princesses and to do what?
Walk around a ghost town where everything except a couple of bars are closed. Look in shop windows that are closed. Stare and comment on what everybody else is wearing. Who gives a flying monkey's ??

In my early days I walked through town one Sunday to go and spend a couple of hours with a friend. To me it was just a lazy Sunday afternoon having a chat. I can still remember to this day what I was wearing because I have never been so looked up and down in my whole life. I had on old jeans, a t-shirt and an open cotton shirt over the top. One guy on a bicycle looked me up and down and then turned his head to look over his shoulder some more. I hope my loud, loud laughter when he crashed into a lamp post rang in his ears for a long time afterwards.

By the time I walked into my friend's house I felt like I'd grown three extra noses, blue hair or an extra limb or something. I remember asking her if anything looked wrong with me and she said "you look fine to me."
Old Apr 7th 2010, 9:09 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't anyone go to church as a child in the UK?? Am I that old?! It was the tradition to wear "Sunday best". Italy still having a strong church going tradition still has Sunday best. Where they don't go to church it is the usual day for family get togethers and if you go to the MIL I'm guessing you don't want comments about how you can't dress your kids properly. Having had an Irish Catholic MIL to "impress" I do know the feeling - it did bring out the worst in me though, nothing so good as being better dressed than her!!

Same in Spain where the little boys are dressed up as mini Admirals - seriously! - and the girls in Flamenco type outfits, especially for confirmations, or mini brides of course!

I can still remember having dresses that only ever got worn on a Sunday - this behaviour persisted into my 20's where I would have clothes I only wore to go out at night or somewhere special in - if I did this now I'd have clothes I never wore....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.