Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Scottish Independence

Scottish Independence

Old Sep 9th 2014, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scottish Independence

Originally Posted by sunnysider

While I ponder a reply to newcomo, to save me trawling through all your posts, could you please give me a few clues newcomo about the reasons for your pronounced hatred of Britain?
Oh, I wouldn't bother!
Old Sep 9th 2014, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ononno
Oh, I wouldn't bother!
Absolutely! On the 19 Sept, a thin wisp of smoke will (or not) be seen raising over the placid waters of Lago di Como , in a ritual burning of someone passport...
Old Sep 9th 2014, 7:15 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnysider

While I ponder a reply to newcomo, to save me trawling through all your posts, could you please give me a few clues newcomo about the reasons for your pronounced hatred of Britain?
I think someone from Britain was mean to him when he was 3 and he bears grudges

But on a serious note, I see that Gordon Brown has come out campaiging hard and has manged to change the balance of the vote and NEWCOMO is now likely to get his wish, if Gordon continues at this rate it will be a resounding win for the YESers.

On an interesting note, I see that share value in the top 10 Scottish-based global companies is now plummeting through the floor. For example in the defence sector Babcocks and BAe Systems were huge losers of share value yesterday. Is this by any chance related to the increasing possibility of a win by the YES campaigners I wonder????
Old Sep 9th 2014, 10:13 am
Banned

NEWCOMO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by highlander1
SELL POUNDS NOW INTO ANY CURRENCY BEFORE THE POUND IS WORTHLESS !

Yes, let's all buy Euros that is really NOT a worthless currency ! Are you suggesting that England ( at that point) will be as bad as .. really all of the Eurozone ? Happy days !?

Last time I looked it takes a wee while to '' produce '' a baby , so to announce yesterday they must have been at it for a bit longer than the time since the gov poll.
So timing is the issue... This morning even the BBC asked what will happen to the Queen.... Alex replied "she has already accepted becoming Queen of Scots if she wants..."
Old Sep 9th 2014, 10:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
Yes , you are right , they' ll be shared ... Like joint custody I suppose but maybe they'll call the next baby something very traditionally scots ? The idea that they timed the baby to influence the vote strikes me as ludicrous , mine weren't so easy to time !
Maybe the next baby will be called BRUCE
Old Sep 9th 2014, 10:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
I think someone from Britain was mean to him when he was 3 and he bears grudges

But on a serious note, I see that Gordon Brown has come out campaiging hard and has manged to change the balance of the vote and NEWCOMO is now likely to get his wish, if Gordon continues at this rate it will be a resounding win for the YESers.

On an interesting note, I see that share value in the top 10 Scottish-based global companies is now plummeting through the floor. For example in the defence sector Babcocks and BAe Systems were huge losers of share value yesterday. Is this by any chance related to the increasing possibility of a win by the YES campaigners I wonder????
No I am British, but I don't have to like being British. As I have said, the British has caused more misery and death in the last 100 years, because of a failing empire and continues to do so.

Stupid people sell Scottish companies (because of the word scottish)... now today, the shares have risen as there was no reason to do so and the assets (shares) were cheap.

The pound is falling against all currencies because (a) Scotland will not accept debt due to westminster stupidly not allowing them access to the BoE (b) the popoulation left (wales/England and NI) will be left with 1.4tn debt and the removal of Oil income from Scotland will push the pound lower.

Do you hear that BP is moving south? Don't think so... in fact, BP is looking at a Scottish HQ.

Scotland is looking to remove corp tax or reduce it to 10 percent. This will mean that most English Companies will move north.

Wake Up. Scottish Independence is a major impact to the rest of the UK.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 10:25 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arjacey
Thanks, Newcomo, for my mornings entertainment. My sides are aching from laughing so much......
You have to admire his passion though even if his arguments are ridiculously funny
Old Sep 9th 2014, 10:30 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by NEWCOMO
No I am British, but I don't have to like being British. As I have said, the British has caused more misery and death in the last 100 years, because of a failing empire and continues to do so.

Stupid people sell Scottish companies (because of the word scottish)... now today, the shares have risen as there was no reason to do so and the assets (shares) were cheap. Ha ha - yeah right

The pound is falling against all currencies because (a) Scotland will not accept debt due to westminster stupidly not allowing them access to the BoE (b) the popoulation left (wales/England and NI) will be left with 1.4tn debt and the removal of Oil income from Scotland will push the pound lower.
nope wrong - the pound is falling due to uncertainty once it is resolved it will bounce back
Do you hear that BP is moving south? Don't think so... in fact, BP is looking at a Scottish HQ. didn't hear that do you have a reliable source considering your record of misrepresenting facts on here?

Scotland is looking to remove corp tax or reduce it to 10 percent. This will mean that most English Companies will move north. HA Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - good one your funiest assertion yet

Wake Up. Scottish Independence is a major impact to the rest of the UK.no it will all settle quickly after the vote into protracted negotiations if the YESers win but it won't affect the 92% in the medium term - sorry but that's how it is
My replies in red - please try not to muck up the quoting function this time - it isn't that difficult, everyone else manages it!

Last edited by Garbatellamike; Sep 9th 2014 at 11:26 am.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

arjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant future

Maybe the next baby will be called BRUCE
Australian?
Old Sep 9th 2014, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

arjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant future

Stupid people sell Scottish companies (because of the word scottish)... now today, the shares have risen as there was no reason to do so and the assets (shares) were cheap.

Do you hear that BP is moving south? Don't think so... in fact, BP is looking at a Scottish HQ.

Scotland is looking to remove corp tax or reduce it to 10 percent. This will mean that most English Companies will move north.

Wake Up. Scottish Independence is a major impact to the rest of the UK.
Hilarious, keep 'em coming...
Old Sep 9th 2014, 11:25 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by arjacey
Hilarious, keep 'em coming...
I am starting to feel very very sorry for NEWCOMO now as he is heading for a lose-lose situation.

If the vote is against separation he will be gutted.

However, if the vote goes the way he wishes and then the cold bite of reality sets in and he finally wakes up and realizes that the fantasy land independent Scotland vision he has created in his head, will be nothing like the reality - he will be gutted.

So the poor fellow is going to be badly disappointed whatever happens.

Still at least once the vote is done (one way or the other) the markets will be less spooked and the UK can return to business as usual.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 11:32 am
Banned

I cannot believe that everyone here thinks that Scottish Independence will not affect the rest of the UK and every established institution in the UK.

Wales are now requesting the same rights as the scots. SF in Northern Ireland are looking at the Scottish Independence.

The UK is in turmoil. The cancer has set in with a 1.4tn debt, who wants to be hold that one ! (Scotland will be wise to walk away and set up a new Central Bank) just like Ireland did.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 11:34 am
Dunroaming back in UK

I cannot believe that everyone here thinks that Scottish Independence will not affect the rest of the UK and every established institution in the UK.
Yes fancy that everyone else so wrong and you (in glorious isolation) exactly right
Old Sep 9th 2014, 11:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
I am starting to feel very very sorry for NEWCOMO now as he is heading for a lose-lose situation.

If the vote is against separation he will be gutted.

However, if the vote goes the way he wishes and then the cold bite of reality sets in and he finally wakes up and realizes that the fantasy land independent Scotland vision he has created in his head, will be nothing like the reality - he will be gutted.

So the poor fellow is going to be badly disappointed whatever happens.

Still at least once the vote is done (one way or the other) the markets will be less spooked and the UK can return to business as usual.
No, I am not a Scot either. I am a believer in that the break up of the UK will be the best thing for every part of the Union.

Do you think that SNP will stop if they lose. It is the beginning of the end either way.

When SNP win, there will be a run on the pound. Traders will sell off next week if the polls stay the same into SFR or Gold.

Economists have stated that 8bn of oil revenues estimated will immediately create 80bn of income in the first year for Scotland (Scotland will amortise the income over 10 years but that the income in year 1), outside of all other income streams (tourism/fishing/whisky) and this is more than that of Ireland has received even with the Irish banks bailout.

So for the NO campaign to suggest that Scotland will be suffering is total nonsense after a YES victory.

In fact, 6 myn population not adding to the income streams of HM Treasury and no acceptance of UK debt (1.4tn) and no Oil revenues and the movement of Nuclear Subs south (more expense)... the UK will suffer the most not scotland in the short term.

Most recognised economists, believe Scotland can become a new Norway and renewable energy producer to England.

I am glad that people are now waking up to the impact and debating.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 11:48 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Most recognised economists, believe Scotland can become a new Norway and renewable energy producer to England.
What absolute twaddle!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.