Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Scottish Independence

Scottish Independence

Old Aug 31st 2014, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Pipistrelli has a reputation beyond reputePipistrelli has a reputation beyond reputePipistrelli has a reputation beyond reputePipistrelli has a reputation beyond reputePipistrelli has a reputation beyond reputePipistrelli has a reputation beyond reputePipistrelli has a reputation beyond reputePipistrelli has a reputation beyond reputePipistrelli has a reputation beyond reputePipistrelli has a reputation beyond reputePipistrelli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scottish Independence

Originally Posted by NEWCOMO
But want happens to the SNP if they lose? once on an independence path, will it ever stop.....?
What should happen to the SNP on a 'NO' vote is smacked bottoms all round and then they should be sent to sit in the naughty corner (which the rest of the Union get to pick- I'd vote Aberdeen or Orkney) and told not to ever try anything like that again!
Old Sep 5th 2014, 11:11 pm
Banned

saor alba has a spectacular aura aboutsaor alba has a spectacular aura aboutsaor alba has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Capo Boi
'Scotland will be independent. The Polls are wrong'

Newco I agree. At least on the polls being wrong. I think the No vote could be as much as 64%. Anyway, why don't you have a bet? SkyBet are currently the best odds offering 9/2 for a Yes vote. I myself, have had to accept a miserly 9/50 for the No vote.
6th Sept 2014 Ladbrokes will no longer accept multiple bets on a YES vote

Best odds 5/2 and getting shorter. Bet now before the odds become odds on.

The next Poll will show a further increase in the YES vote. ergo the odds will fall.

Believe me it's going to happen....first elections to the new Scottish Parliament...Feb 2016

23rd March 2016 Scottish Independence day. New Parliament...new fairer society.......... Wonderful.........
Old Sep 5th 2014, 11:25 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saor alba

6th Sept 2014 Ladbrokes will no longer accept multiple bets on a YES vote

Best odds 5/2 and getting shorter. Bet now before the odds become odds on.

The next Poll will show a further increase in the YES vote. ergo the odds will fall.

Believe me it's going to happen....first elections to the new Scottish Parliament...Feb 2016

23rd March 2016 Scottish Independence day. New Parliament...new fairer society.......... Wonderful.........
Interesting first post.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 11:41 pm
Banned

saor alba has a spectacular aura aboutsaor alba has a spectacular aura aboutsaor alba has a spectacular aura about

Scotland will be independent. The Polls are wrong. In fact, so many businesses are trying to cause trouble saying that Scotland cannot go ahead without the Union...

It is the same as Ireland (when they went independent and have not looked back)... but Ireland does not have any Oil/Gas reserves and with no debt to start off.

The only issues I see is pensions (UK pensions, Health and Unemployment) payments.. otherwise I see no alternative not to be independent.
Amico..amigo in my part of the world,

You are correct.
Private polling by the campaign showing 55-60% YES. Watch the bookies change their odds over the next few days !!!
The oil, including the the new Shetland fields and the west coast fields (details available online .......uk oil and gas report .....)may provide a further 1.3 trillion barrels of oil ....yes that was trillion..as in thousand million.
However that is just the icing on the cake. The Scottish economy is capable of supporting its population without the oil.
No Nuclear WOMD on the Clyde, no more austerity, job creation initiatives, more immigration, free education, free PUBLIC Healthcare, investment in Green Technologies, etc etc
Who knows which political party will be in control on 23rd March 2016.
That will be up to the Scots themselves...maybe SNP, maybe Scottish Labour,maybe Scottish Conservatives(with a new name!!!!),maybe a coalition.
One thing is for sure....after 18th September 2014 The Scots will always have the Government they vote for.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 11:59 pm
Banned

Well maybe the rules are wrong... surely if people are born in England living in Scotland (are not scottish)... maybe they should have a changed the rules to 2 generations.... otherwise you have 100.000 poles voting on Scottish independence without any clue.....
WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT ???? oops didn't see the "sarcasm"!!!

Any RESIDENT of Scotland is entitled to vote.

I suggest you google "Poles for an Independent Scotland" ("TAK")or visit their Facebook page. Or for that matter " Scots Asians for Yes" " englishscotsforyes.org "or "Italian-Scots for Independence". I could go on, but there are 450 groups registered with the YES campaign and I don't have time to list them all!!!!
YES is a grassroots campaign. These groups are campaigning locally....and winning.
There was no other option...37 Newspapers in Scotland....Only The Sunday Herald is supporting YES.
The BBC,SKY,ITV, all have a Londoncentric ideology.A recent investigation upheld the view by complainants of Unionist bias...nothing has been done about it.

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Interesting first post.
Having noticed the monicas of the contributors, I seem to have strayed into the wrong thread!!!!!

Yo vivo en Espana....por favor perdoneme!!!!!

I'm back from Spain .....couldn't resist.

Yougov / Times poll 7/9/2014....
Scottish Referendum.....51 % YES

It's happening!!!!

Scotland will vote for Self-Determination. Independence is coming !!!!!!!

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 7th 2014 at 9:21 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2014, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saor alba
I'm back from Spain .....couldn't resist.

Yougov / Times poll 7/9/2014....
Scottish Referendum.....51 % YES

It's happening!!!!

Scotland will vote for Self-Determination. Independence is coming !!!!!!!
Gosh, ain't we getting excited or excitable ?!
Old Sep 7th 2014, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

arjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant futurearjacey has a brilliant future

A little bit of pain for the rest of the UK, a lot of pain for Scotland. Oil revenues failing to be insubstantial by 2020, high public spending and large deficit of expenditure over revenue. You'll need massive public spending cuts, larger than the recent UK austerity measures and probably as big a Greece.

And how can you vote for independence when there are so many unanswered questions. If you are not in the UK, how does that affect Scottish people living in the EU, including England. (From all I read, there are EU members who are determined to keep Scotland outside of the EU) Will you all have to go home?

Do what you like but you'll be crazy to vote Yes. You're welcome to stay but we'll get over it!
Old Sep 7th 2014, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute

And how can you vote for independence when there are so many unanswered questions. If you are not in the UK, how does that affect Scottish people living in the EU, including England. (From all I read, there are EU members who are determined to keep Scotland outside of the EU) Will you all have to go home?

Do what you like but you'll be crazy to vote Yes. You're welcome to stay but we'll get over it![/QUOTE]

That's right Spain (Catalunia & Basque ) and Belgium are dead against.
Indipendence day in March 2016 ?And at that point ? No Pounds, no Euro, no membership of EU ( That can take several years ) . bailed out Scottish Banks ( with Bank of England/Tresury money to be returned ?
The SNP is one way street party with a very average ''government'' and no plans, no clues... no HOPE !
Old Sep 7th 2014, 10:50 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by highlander1
Gosh, ain't we getting excited or excitable ?!
You made me laugh. Just how I feel.

I know when the vote is, but when will the results be in??
Old Sep 7th 2014, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

It's not just the economics is it ? And that's where the NO campaign has foundered . It'ts pointless promising more local powers too , they ought to try saying " fine , go , on your own heads ....." I think that the YES campaign have it , it's about taking chances for the future. I have family in Scotland who have moved from definite No to definite Yes thinking about everything , not just the economics .... It cost Germany to unite ...it might cost Scotland to leave but that wasn't the point .
Old Sep 7th 2014, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 37100
You made me laugh. Just how I feel.

I know when the vote is, but when will the results be in??
Early on 19 Sept. with Shetland declaring first around midnight, staying up for it !?
Old Sep 7th 2014, 5:24 pm
Banned

NEWCOMO is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Scottish Independence

Early on 19 Sept. with Shetland declaring first around midnight, staying up for it !?
It must be getting desperate if all the London based press are now reporting independence ahead..

any now the NO party offering more govt controls if they stay in the Union...

I feel the independence and the end of the UNION... approaching..
Old Sep 7th 2014, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Che sara' sara' as the song went....
Old Sep 8th 2014, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Che sara' sara' as the song went....
I can't imagine why having the thieves and exploiters based in Edinburgh rather than London is going to make life better for ordinary Scottish workers, pensioners etc.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jonwel
I can't imagine why having the thieves and exploiters based in Edinburgh rather than London is going to make life better for ordinary Scottish workers, pensioners etc.
Hear,hear...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.