Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Scottish Independence

Scottish Independence

Old Aug 29th 2014, 5:13 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scottish Independence

Originally Posted by NEWCOMO
No I took the quote from Mike's response in 39 which is from 38 my words and his words in 39. The forum put this as his quote... this is technical error from the forum not mine. I am simply referring from the words in the previous post.

I did not change anything of the post but it was both mine and mike's combined.

Maybe he should not put anything in RED next time and simply reply to avoid CONFUSION
Listen. Mike's actual post in 39 said "good luck again in getting the result you want! " and his other comments in red were added on to your own post.

When you tried to quote those red add ons things got all mixed up and your words came out in Mike's name. It's over now.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 5:14 pm
Banned

NEWCOMO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DesiderataSicilia
Scotland, as it is known today, was formed by territorial evolution during the Middle Ages. The Kingdom of Scotland fought a series of wars of independence against the Kingdom of England during the 14th century. The two monarchies formed a personal union in 1603 (the Union of the Crowns) when James VI of Scotland also became James I of England. The two nations were united under one government when Oliver Cromwell was declared Lord Protector of a Commonwealth in 1653, but it was dissolved when the monarchy was restored in 1660. The Kingdoms of Scotland and England united to form the Kingdom of Great Britain in 1707. Great Britain in turn united with the Kingdom of Ireland in 1801 to form the United Kingdom. Most of Ireland left the Union in 1922, later forming the Republic of Ireland. Wales in not formally a part of the Union having been absorbed in its entirety by the Kingdom of England in 1563.
So if Scotland decides to secede from the Union there is no United Kingdom. Northern Ireland, the remnant of the old Kingdom of Ireland is not, per se, a Kingdom merely a Province similar to Wales.

So this seems to fit in again with the Passports issue.

Can we discuss this? as I have been saying.......
Old Aug 29th 2014, 5:20 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger it. I'll get me an Italian passport
Old Aug 29th 2014, 5:33 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Bugger it. I'll get me an Italian passport
Old Aug 29th 2014, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by 37100
I can get an Irish one.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

DesiderataSicilia is a jewel in the roughDesiderataSicilia is a jewel in the roughDesiderataSicilia is a jewel in the roughDesiderataSicilia is a jewel in the rough

So this seems to fit in again with the Passports issue.

Can we discuss this? as I have been saying.......
No doubt some transitional arrangements would be introduced to protect passport holders of both countries. However it probably will be messy across a lot of fronts. I am disappointed but not surprised that many English folk think all of this is nothing to do with them, some through genuine misapprehension, some through arrogance.
Looking at the polls today the Indy camp is gaining ground now only a 6 per cent gap . I still think it wont happen but as Harold Wison said ....... a week is a long time in politics.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, you are doing my head in now. Poor me, in receipt of a scottish local government (small ) pension, what I will do ? Any good basking spots in Vicenza Lorna ?

Please let me know , not later than midnight on Sept 18, please !
Old Aug 29th 2014, 6:01 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

No doubt some transitional arrangements would be introduced to protect passport holders of both countries. However it probably will be messy across a lot of fronts. I am disappointed but not surprised that many English folk think all of this is nothing to do with them, some through genuine misapprehension, some through arrogance.
Looking at the polls today the Indy camp is gaining ground now only a 6 per cent gap . I still think it wont happen but as Harold Wison said ....... a week is a long time in politics.
Sorry, this has nothing to do with us because we cannot vote. Had it been a national vote, then yes, I would be more interested. As it is, only Scottish residents have the right to express their opinion therefore, anything I might think on the subject has no importance. And a Brit living in Italy is hardly going to sway Scottish opinion.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 11:52 pm
Banned

But want happens to the SNP if they lose? once on an independence path, will it ever stop.....?
Old Aug 29th 2014, 11:59 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by 37100
Sorry, this has nothing to do with us because we cannot vote. Had it been a national vote, then yes, I would be more interested. As it is, only Scottish residents have the right to express their opinion therefore, anything I might think on the subject has no importance. And a Brit living in Italy is hardly going to sway Scottish opinion.
Well maybe the rules are wrong... surely if people are born in England living in Scotland (are not scottish)... maybe they should have a changed the rules to 2 generations.... otherwise you have 100.000 poles voting on Scottish independence without any clue.....
Old Aug 30th 2014, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Well maybe the rules are wrong... surely if people are born in England living in Scotland (are not scottish)... maybe they should have a changed the rules to 2 generations.... otherwise you have 100.000 poles voting on Scottish independence without any clue.....
Question is (a genuine question) 'who made the rules?'
bye bye dicette l'inglese
Old Aug 30th 2014, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

The SNP are working to a very aggressive timetable for independence. It won't be years more like weeks or months if the vote goes ahead.
The SNP have pubblished a target date of march 2016 , elections are due then . This is a very tight 18 month frame work to get the basics in place but would include transistional agreements with the UK on areas like defence and border controls
Old Aug 30th 2014, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

isshin is an unknown quantity at this point

So we are going to have a Scottish expats in Italy forum too? OMG we are so screwed!
Old Aug 31st 2014, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

I very much doubt that , the forum is " British " in a very broad sense , more geographical than political and welcomes posters from everywhere with an interest in living in Italy as an expat some aren' t british , some don' t even live here , the more the merrier . I suppose there might be call for a British Expats in Scotland forum ...... Just out of interest why isn't there a section for Greece ? Did they all get banned ?
Old Aug 31st 2014, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

isshin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
I very much doubt that , the forum is " British " in a very broad sense , more geographical than political and welcomes posters from everywhere with an interest in living in Italy as an expat some aren' t british , some don' t even live here , the more the merrier . I suppose there might be call for a British Expats in Scotland forum ...... Just out of interest why isn't there a section for Greece ? Did they all get banned ?
Isn't.the Troika enough?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.