Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Ridere per non piangere ...

Ridere per non piangere ...

Old Feb 8th 2013, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ridere per non piangere ...

As I write I'm stuck on the phone in the midst of a call between people from France , Germany , Lux , Italy and one Italo- American arguing in english .Its like being on the set of ' Allo Allo ' ......
Old Feb 8th 2013, 1:50 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
Findus Lasagne meals sell out when Italians realise they are made with horse meat.

brilliant
Old Feb 8th 2013, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

Findus Lasagne meals sell out when Italians realise they are made with horse meat.
nnnneeeeiiiiiggggghhhhh!
Old Feb 8th 2013, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
As I write I'm stuck on the phone in the midst of a call between people from France , Germany , Lux , Italy and one Italo- American arguing in english .Its like being on the set of ' Allo Allo ' ......
writing and talking and to all those foreighners .... I think it's called multi-tasking ..... or talking!
Old Feb 8th 2013, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pugliese
writing and talking and to all those foreighners .... I think it's called multi-tasking ..... or talking!
actually I think it's called '' inappropriate use of company owned technology '' but some of these calls can last ages and most people sneak onto the internet .. the worst thing for me are the video conferences .. everyone looks vile and has to pay attention 'cos slackers can be spotted ! anyway it went well today , the German's were rather kind and said how pleased they were I'd spotted '' ze weak point '' in their project - lying obviously but good at it
Old Feb 14th 2013, 12:41 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Appantly a bit of scandal going on out in an ex French Colony in East Africa:

The ambassador was on his way to work in the car and phoned home to talk to his wife. Phone was picked up:

"Yes"

"Is that Patrick the House boy?"

"Yes Massa"

"Good, Patrick go and fetch the lady of the house".

"Patrick no can do, the lady is in the bedroom with a man"

Enraged the French Ambassador says:

"Patrick go to my office and take my revolver from the desk drawer and then go into the bedroom and shoot them both"

"Yes Massa"

The Ambassador waits and shortly afterwards hears 2 shots followed by a 5 second pause followed by a third shot"

"Ok Massa I done what you said"

"But Patrick, why were there 3 shots?"

"Well I shot the lady dead but only wounded the man and he jumped out of the window into the swimming pool but I shot him in the pool and he dead for sure massa."

"But Patrick we don't have a swiming pool!"

There then followed a long silence...............

.....And in a small voice Patrick says:

"Patrick is thinking you have a wrong number and wrong Patrick massa!"
Old Feb 14th 2013, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:14 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Registry on the first day back at school in Birmingham, ENGLAND.

The teacher began calling out the names of the pupils:
"Mustafa Al Eih Zeri?" "Here!"
"Achmed El Kabul?" "Here!"
"Fatima Al Hayek? " "Here!"
"Ali Abdul Olmi?" "Here!"
"Mohammed Bin Kadir?" "Here!"
"Ali Son al Len?" - silence in the classroom.
"Ali Son al Len?" - continued silence as everyone looked around the room.

The teacher repeated the call.
A girl stood up and said:
"Sorry, teacher. I think that's me. It's pronounced Alison Allen."
Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
Registry on the first day back at school in Birmingham, ENGLAND.

The teacher began calling out the names of the pupils:
"Mustafa Al Eih Zeri?" "Here!"
"Achmed El Kabul?" "Here!"
"Fatima Al Hayek? " "Here!"
"Ali Abdul Olmi?" "Here!"
"Mohammed Bin Kadir?" "Here!"
"Ali Son al Len?" - silence in the classroom.
"Ali Son al Len?" - continued silence as everyone looked around the room.

The teacher repeated the call.
A girl stood up and said:
"Sorry, teacher. I think that's me. It's pronounced Alison Allen."
That is scarily close to the truth.

In 2001 I lived in the centre of Sheffield. The newish housing estate was very nice but we were very close to Grimesthorpe, a huge Asian enclave .

When my daughter was due to move from Junior to senior school, we visited the school. The head teacher proudly, showed the school uniform which included head scarfs in the school colours. In the hall there was around 120 kids and parents, only 7 were white.

My daughter and I
A scared looking girl and her mum & dad
The headteacher and the deputy head.

I managed to organise for my daughter to be accepted in a different school.

I am an immigrant in Italy, and I have no issues with immigration in the UK...... except when they change the Englishness of England (probable not put very well) and when English people become the minority in their own country.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:43 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

That is scarily close to the truth.

In 2001 I lived in the centre of Sheffield. The newish housing estate was very nice but we were very close to Grimesthorpe, a huge Asian enclave .

When my daughter was due to move from Junior to senior school, we visited the school. The head teacher proudly, showed the school uniform which included head scarfs in the school colours. In the hall there was around 120 kids and parents, only 7 were white.

My daughter and I
A scared looking girl and her mum & dad
The headteacher and the deputy head.

I managed to organise for my daughter to be accepted in a different school.

I am an immigrant in Italy, and I have no issues with immigration in the UK...... except when they change the Englishness of England (probable not put very well) and when English people become the minority in their own country.
My sister did her teacher training just near Sheffield, and for her initial teaching bit had to go to a Sheffield school, in a bit of a run down area, this was in the 60's, and she was amazed when she got essays from the kids about their home life, many with ths sort of comments 'my daddy's in jail, and so mummy often has a new uncle staying with us, he has to sleep in mummy's bed as we don't have much space, it was a different one this week'.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mikelincs
My sister did her teacher training just near Sheffield, and for her initial teaching bit had to go to a Sheffield school, in a bit of a run down area, this was in the 60's, and she was amazed when she got essays from the kids about their home life, many with ths sort of comments 'my daddy's in jail, and so mummy often has a new uncle staying with us, he has to sleep in mummy's bed as we don't have much space, it was a different one this week'.
There are a lot of good schools in Sheffield, Silverdale, Meadowhead, King Edwards etc. But Sheffield used to have one of the highest concentrations of council housing in the UK. And know has a very large Asian population, areas like Darnall, Attercliffe, Manor, Abbydale gosh the list goes on.

I am glad I am over here.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 9:39 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Today I'm getting in touch with my feminine side...

I shall remain blameless all day.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 11:15 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
Today I'm getting in touch with my feminine side...

I shall remain blameless all day.
are you dressing for the occasion?
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 12:44 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Blameless, strapless and hairless
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by duffer
Blameless, strapless and hairless
It's friday afternoon , aren't you usually legless?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.