Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Old Aug 21st 2015, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Originally Posted by ononno
As per highlander's post above, It's that bloody German bloke Alzheimer she's lost her head for.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Sorry to hear it, my wife is in Italy now because her mother has been diagnosed as terminally ill with Leuchemia.
We are still young, in our 60s...... Sometimes I think,- Dovrei fare i cazzi miei, but I am weak and come on here, sometimes I know not why as I have many hobbies and a house that is needing a bit of attention.
Alzheimer is a nasty old git that just pisses you off more and more until you can sort yourself out. not easy after so many years together.
Be resolute and the odd grappino or 2 may be justified.
In bocca al lupo.
M
Old Aug 22nd 2015, 10:16 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
Sorry to hear it, my wife is in Italy now because her mother has been diagnosed as terminally ill with Leuchemia.
We are still young, in our 60s...... Sometimes I think,- Dovrei fare i cazzi miei, but I am weak and come on here, sometimes I know not why as I have many hobbies and a house that is needing a bit of attention.
Alzheimer is a nasty old git that just pisses you off more and more until you can sort yourself out. not easy after so many years together.
Be resolute and the odd grappino or 2 may be justified.
In bocca al lupo.
M
An odd grappa or two (or whatever takes your fancy) is always justified.
Sorry to hear about your MIL.
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for kind words everyone. Managing to lurch along with the help of the odd grappino and tranquillisers☺
'o nonno
Old Aug 24th 2015, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry o nonno to hear about your wife. She's lucky she's got you looking after her.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

Sorry to hear about your wife 'o nonno, I know how hard it must be on you, I lost my mother last year, she was diagnosed with Corea of Huntington some years ago,hence why we moved back to Italy 7 years ago. It is hard to see them getting worse each day and knowing there isn't much that can be done
Old Aug 25th 2015, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Went to my doctor today. I have a pain in the bone at the top of my spine/bottom of neck. She said ......(I bet you know whats coming) its la cervicale ! Well I was having none of that I said - but could it not maybe be that as I have ostearthritis in my hands/feet it might be that. Oh okay she replied , we'll send you off for an x-ray then. In the past I would never have questioned my doctor, but I just honestly cannot think that I have this ruddy cervicale - specially after I've spent the last years telling all and sundry that we English simply don't have it or know what it is
Old Aug 26th 2015, 6:44 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patty
Went to my doctor today. I have a pain in the bone at the top of my spine/bottom of neck. She said ......(I bet you know whats coming) its la cervicale ! Well I was having none of that I said - but could it not maybe be that as I have ostearthritis in my hands/feet it might be that. Oh okay she replied , we'll send you off for an x-ray then. In the past I would never have questioned my doctor, but I just honestly cannot think that I have this ruddy cervicale - specially after I've spent the last years telling all and sundry that we English simply don't have it or know what it is
Hope it's something and nothing Patty and you are allowed to ask questions and not take a Dr's word for cervicale. You'll be paying for the x-ray anyway so it's only fair to have a proper check-up.

I've seen three different surgeons to ask if I really need my gallbladder out. Not one of them knew I'd seen another one. All 3 of them unfortunately said "yes".
Old Aug 27th 2015, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm not sure this should be in the moans bit .....but to follow on from my comment before. I rang the Asl yesterday and got an appointment for the x-ray TODAY !! Unbelievable So I went there a bit earlier today (11.30 for 12 ) and I was called in at 11.40 and out by 11.45 .......hows that for service. I reckon it's because its August. Maybe we'll have to open a new thread called Good positive things.......but I doubt it would get as many postings as this thread
Old Aug 27th 2015, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patty
I'm not sure this should be in the moans bit .....but to follow on from my comment before. I rang the Asl yesterday and got an appointment for the x-ray TODAY !! Unbelievable So I went there a bit earlier today (11.30 for 12 ) and I was called in at 11.40 and out by 11.45 .......hows that for service. I reckon it's because its August. Maybe we'll have to open a new thread called Good positive things.......but I doubt it would get as many postings as this thread
One never knows until one dips one's toes in the water
Old Aug 27th 2015, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

"Unbelievable So I went there a bit earlier today (11.30 for 12 ) and I was called in at 11.40 and out by 11.45 .......hows that for service"

For rapid medical attention you can't beat being friends with a hospital employee.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Telecom Italia...............
There is a problema with the Telecom fixed line that my MIL has. It has been over a month that there is this intermittent problema. When my wife arrived there she called 187 and everything is computerised. Now it is over 2 weeks and the problema still persists and it is impossible to speak to anyone in Telecom. Does anyone have any idea what she can do there to get the problema resolved?
The a is a problema caused by trying to install win10 on a win8.1 OEM PC.
Old Aug 28th 2015, 2:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ononno
As per highlander's post above, It's that bloody German bloke Alzheimer she's lost her head for.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
I am sorry to read that ononno. Horrible disease.
Old Aug 28th 2015, 7:44 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
Telecom Italia...............
There is a problema with the Telecom fixed line that my MIL has. It has been over a month that there is this intermittent problema. When my wife arrived there she called 187 and everything is computerised. Now it is over 2 weeks and the problema still persists and it is impossible to speak to anyone in Telecom. Does anyone have any idea what she can do there to get the problema resolved?
The a is a problema caused by trying to install win10 on a win8.1 OEM PC.
When I had a problem with our internet connection and needed/wanted to speak to someone, instead of 187 then 2, I pressed 187 then 1. They put me through to a technician. However, your problem would seem to be more about windows 10. Have you tried emailing Microsoft help desk or asking computer forums?
Old Aug 28th 2015, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

These are 2 different things entirely.
I will call my wife later and tell her to press 1 instead of 2. The problem is intermittent, sometimes like every other call or more they can't hear the calling party. Sometimes I call it 4 or 5 times before giving up and then sometimes it works straight off.

The PC prob is another. I bought this from Dell Spain with Win 8.1 last year with the promise of a free upgrade to win 10. (Dell Uk will not sell abroad anymore). So I got a Spanish version. Downloaded and installed all the English language packs. Most of the upgrades have been OK with one exception which could not fully install. This put me back in Spanish and dumped a whole load of stuff. Dell's upgrades put me back in Spanish, so I deleted all of the Dell software.. Vestiges of Spanish still remain, like on start up or after upgrades etc.
I did the upgrade procedure for win 10 which took 9 hours, at the end of which I got a message saying that the PC was restoring the old versión of Windows. (note the accent on the o) The upshot is that now I am having a lot of problems with IE11 and a very slow machine, It also misses out letters in IE and in Word and puts in others like the a after problema. The root cause is the fact that this has this spanish crap on it. I cloned the disk and partitioned it, installing Ubuntu on the other partition, beautiful, English and everything OK. My problema is that much of my software probably won't work on Ubuntu. Reading about the Win10 nasties in terms of spyware and a concept of total control by them (MS or the NSA) I think that I will now try Zorin (Linux with a nicer Gui) on a 700G partition and leave a 20G partition for the original win 8.1 to be upgraded to win 10. Seeing as this machine boots now into Ubunto it doesn't look like a prob, I'm just left with retrieving anything useful on the 720G HD so that I can format it and start again.
One of the worst things about win 8.1 is the frequent denial of Access, I am the administrator and I am frequently refused Access to delete my own files even though the properties and ownerships are correct.
Old Aug 28th 2015, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute

My laptop ( windows 7 ) decided to go into terminal lethargy, 40 minutes to start up, 20 to shut down.
A friend told me about Ubuntu and got me a cd files program of it.
Partitioned the HD and loaded U. MAGIC !!! The LT work absolutely fine, open in Mozilla but gives you Google and everything right away.

Even Skype is better, simple version with NO popups !
Will not go back to any version of Windows !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.