Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Old Feb 5th 2015, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
And it's bloody snowing.
Forecast said it was going to snow all day today, but it was only drizzling. Now it's proper snow and it's coming down thick and fast. It hasn't started to settle yet because the ground is till wet from the rain, but it will do.
Only rain here at the moment (Bologna), but if it's starts snowing I'm off.

Last edited by MarkRD; Feb 5th 2015 at 9:16 am.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 9:23 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Just looked out of my kitchen window and the car's windscreen is already covered. Grass is almost white, but the roads are all still clear. Not sure whether I want it to stop or snow for the next 24 hours so that we can all stay at home tomorrow and skive school.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Snowing hard here, it's on its way Mark
Old Feb 5th 2015, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
Snowing hard here, it's on its way Mark
Gets coat.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 9:41 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

It's only rain here (Rome) but cats and dogs!!
Old Feb 5th 2015, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Gets coat.
The e-mail update I get from ilmeteo.it isn't in the least bit alarming:

Subject: **HELP! *** "The BIG Snow" tra pochi minuti, **HELP! ***

Old Feb 5th 2015, 10:06 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

The e-mail update I get from ilmeteo.it isn't in the least bit alarming:

Subject: **HELP! *** "The BIG Snow" tra pochi minuti, **HELP! ***

Given that, I think you need to go all Monty Python--------- RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 5th 2015, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

In Milan it's snowing Datsun cogs!
Old Feb 5th 2015, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

sunny, 10°,clear sky, moderate wind ...... but for how long, I do not know!
Old Feb 5th 2015, 11:43 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by jonwel
In Milan it's snowing Datsun cogs!
boom! boom!
Old Feb 5th 2015, 12:04 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Snowing in Turin (Mil told us). Just wind and rain in Verona.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 12:06 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

At 12.30pm when I left the house all roads were fine. Just 20 minutes later and on the way to get Alex from school it was awful. In those 20 minutes the snowflakes were so big and fat that all the roads covered in no time - even the roads that all the school buses had been on. I saw two cars off the road after skidding "off piste" and my own car slipped on a curve. I frantically manhandled the steering wheel to keep on track and I was only in 2nd gear.

Athletics, parkour, dentist and anybody else is now cancelled.

The snow is looking more drizzly again rather than big, fat flakes, but it's still coming and the sky is full of it.... and now of course it's sticking like glue.
Chloe's school bus comes up the 'statale' road from town which is well travelled and she was 10 minutes late as the bus was going slowly. After homework I think it might be films and popcorn and blankets today. Got the new Paddington for the kids to watch.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snow-ish here now. And I'm feeling a bit peaky.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

its really snowing here - this morning the flakes were the size of saucers The roads haven't been cleaned yet and its treacherous.
Old Feb 5th 2015, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Patty
its really snowing here - this morning the flakes were the size of saucers The roads haven't been cleaned yet and its treacherous.
Hasn't come to much here. Let's hope it comes overnight so I can stay at home tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.