Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Old Sep 3rd 2014, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice
Default Re: Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Originally Posted by Isakat
OH made a joke yesterday-he asked me if I wanted the lasagna served with chips? I looked in horror at him as I did not realize he was pulling my leg. He knows I find it abhorrent when they serve this in some pubs in the UK.
That reminds of when I lived in Leeds. some of my English colleagues kept telling me I should try lasagne from the cafe nearby. I had my doubts but gave it a try one day. I went in and asked for lasagne to take away and the reply was:

Cafe guy:would you like chips with it?
I: no thank you
Cafe guy: would you like some boiled potatoes with it?
Cafe guy: would you like some mash potatoes with it?

by then I felt like screaming I don't want any potatoes in any shape or form with my lasagne. I would have been better off with a sandwich or maybe should have got potatoes without lasagne
Old Sep 4th 2014, 12:03 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clint
That reminds of when I lived in Leeds. some of my English colleagues kept telling me I should try lasagne from the cafe nearby. I had my doubts but gave it a try one day. I went in and asked for lasagne to take away and the reply was:

Cafe guy:would you like chips with it?
Cafe guy: would you like some boiled potatoes with it?
Cafe guy: would you like some mash potatoes with it?

by then I felt like screaming I don't want any potatoes in any shape or form with my lasagne. I would have been better off with a sandwich or maybe should have got potatoes without lasagne
So what was the lasagna like?

My family have been here so many times now that they know how most menus work but, I have to explain to newbies that their steak or fish doesn't come with anything. You order your salad or veggies separately in most places.
Old Sep 4th 2014, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
So what was the lasagna like?

My family have been here so many times now that they know how most menus work but, I have to explain to newbies that their steak or fish doesn't come with anything. You order your salad or veggies separately in most places.
Lasagne was slightly better than the Heinz minestrone soup I was served in an Italian restaurant in Wakefield. The only thing Italian about that restaurant was the name
Old Sep 5th 2014, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

How about washing your lasagna down with a nice frothy cappuccino?????
Old Sep 5th 2014, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Or pasta and mixed salad, that was the standard order in an Italian restaurant I used to work in London
Old Sep 5th 2014, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

homeandgardens will become famous soon enough

Just been on hols in Salerno for the first time and visited the Amalfi coast, Pompei and Pestum. What a fabulous region. You can get a three days ticket for using all public transport in Campania for just €20!
Old Sep 10th 2014, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Oh yes, we really needed Gino D'Acampo (" a real Italian") to tell us that Bologna is the best place for food, Rome is the best place for history etc. etc..

groan .. RT manages to get the maximum amount of luoghi comuni on one page ..
Superficial rubbish.

Gino's Italian Escape: A Taste of the Sun - Gino chats chats naked boys' trips and volcano trekking
Old Sep 10th 2014, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come on now you've only been back a day and you've already come off the Happy Hour thread and back onto the Moans and groans...
Old Sep 10th 2014, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
Oh come on now you've only been back a day and you've already come off the Happy Hour thread and back onto the Moans and groans...
hahaha! I started yesterday actually with the "queue" at passports ... and the humidity..and the cimici.. and...
Old Sep 10th 2014, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by homeandgardens
Just been on hols in Salerno for the first time and visited the Amalfi coast, Pompei and Pestum. What a fabulous region. You can get a three days ticket for using all public transport in Campania for just €20!
Glad you enjoyed it :-) The public transport ticket is a bargain; but so much more could be done. E.G. this year no funds available for Metro mare. So much untapped potential.
bye bye dicette l'inglese
Old Sep 13th 2014, 2:21 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I opened a carton of 6 eggs that I bought on Thursday. They had these "things" on them. Like a fool I moved in for a closer look. The bad smell hit me, the "things" were white maggots and my lunch ended up in the kitchen sink.
Attached Thumbnails Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...-img_3098.jpg  
Old Sep 14th 2014, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

I opened a carton of 6 eggs that I bought on Thursday. They had these "things" on them. Like a fool I moved in for a closer look. The bad smell hit me, the "things" were white maggots and my lunch ended up in the kitchen sink.
OMG! Whoever sold you that rubbish? Roba da codice penale.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by ononno
OMG! Whoever sold you that rubbish? Roba da codice penale.
It was truly disgusting. I have a very delicate gag reflex and even the smell of the food waste rubbish bin can make me gag. Imagine what these eggs did to me. I did take them back to the shop and asked them to check all the other boxes on the shelf.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

It was truly disgusting. I have a very delicate gag reflex and even the smell of the food waste rubbish bin can make me gag. Imagine what these eggs did to me. I did take them back to the shop and asked them to check all the other boxes on the shelf.
That's incredible! Eggs last for ages before they go bad - how long must they have been in the shop??? And what did they say in the shop when you took them back?
Old Sep 15th 2014, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

This reminds me of an episode with Coke.

DD bought a bottle of Coke in the local swimming pool bar, after her swimming lesson. Had a gulp and then said there was no fizz in it. I tasted it and it was definitely flat and upon checking the expiry date, it was out of date by a month.
I complained and all they did was give me a new one, not a single word of apology.
Couple of months later in the local shop she asks for a Coke( I only allow it occasionally)and when I said OK, she told me that the bottle had expired. The owner was quite defensive, but when she checked all her other bottles, they were all old. Again no apology.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.