Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

Old Jun 5th 2013, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moans, groans, grunts and wheezes...

but this week we are complaining about people complaining ...
Old Jun 5th 2013, 3:31 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
There you go complaining ! Not only was the bus not on strike but you got a free tour of Rome as well plus a chance to glimpse the Pope ...
I know Hadenough, I just don't appreciate when I am well off

and I think Duffer is complaining about you complaining about me complaining............................I think
Old Jun 6th 2013, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
I know Hadenough, I just don't appreciate when I am well off

and I think Duffer is complaining about you complaining about me complaining............................I think
I feel really frustrated this morning, 'cos I can't find anything to complain about. Oh! wait a minute, got to go to the comune for a 'life certificate'. That should be a fun start to the day. And it is required by UK pension service, not INPS.
Anyway, ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Jun 6th 2013, 8:23 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm going to moan 'cos Telecom want €30 from us to repair their faulty line.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ononno
I feel really frustrated this morning, 'cos I can't find anything to complain about. Oh! wait a minute, got to go to the comune for a 'life certificate'. That should be a fun start to the day. And it is required by UK pension service, not INPS.
Anyway, ciao for now,
'o nonno
Is that the famous "certificato di esistenza in vita"? The funniest piece of Italian bureaucracy; you could drop dead ten seconds after getting it, but the certificate says you're alive, so you are. I say Italian, but I see it's the Brits who want it...
Like "residenza"; you can live in one place, but be "resident" in another place, because the certificate says so, with all the consequences for taxes etc.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 10:13 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonwel
Is that the famous "certificato di esistenza in vita"? The funniest piece of Italian bureaucracy; you could drop dead ten seconds after getting it, but the certificate says you're alive, so you are. I say Italian, but I see it's the Brits who want it...
Like "residenza"; you can live in one place, but be "resident" in another place, because the certificate says so, with all the consequences for taxes etc.
more to do with proving you are still alive so they continue to pay the pension methinks
Old Jun 6th 2013, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

jonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to beholdjonwel is a splendid one to behold

more to do with proving you are still alive so they continue to pay the pension methinks
Yes, maybe it's not so ridiculous in this case, but there have been examples of someone going personally to a government office with full identification but not being accepted as alive because he didn't have the certificate to prove it!
Old Jun 6th 2013, 10:32 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Yes, maybe it's not so ridiculous in this case, but there have been examples of someone going personally to a government office with full identification but not being accepted as alive because he didn't have the certificate to prove it!
why am I not surprised
Old Jun 6th 2013, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

why am I not surprised
All this bureaucracy clogs up one half of the system, leaving the other half full of holes, so the blind drive cars and read newspapers, the disabled play football and the dead draw their pensions, so much for the said certificate...
Old Jun 7th 2013, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

All this bureaucracy clogs up one half of the system, leaving the other half full of holes, so the blind drive cars and read newspapers, the disabled play football and the dead draw their pensions, so much for the said certificate...
well I'm not so sure said certificate(for my wife) is going to be enough; because the snotty girl in the comune,whilst issuing the Italian certificate no problem; refused to stamp the UK form because 'non sono tenuta a conoscere l'inglese'. OK, but there must be someone in there who ' conosce l'inglese' since the comune promotes itself as a superior tourist haven.

buona giornata,
'o nonno
Old Jun 7th 2013, 6:23 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

OH rang up yesterday to tell me he was on his way to Glasgow airport, changing at Amsterdam and wouldn't be home before midnight so don't leave the key in the front door.
I told him to be gentle with the front door and explained about the plaster coming down.
He said, "so have you got it fixed then?"

Are you ****ing kidding me? I'm running around like a blue arsed fly with all the end of year stuff: school class pizzas, football dinners, last tournament, away kit to be washed and handed in, books to order, bills to pay, physiotherapy to cancel, another Kitkat cake to make and party food to buy (Alex is 10 tomorrow) a 2 hour video conference yesterday with Americans for an Italian company, a check list as long as my arm and you ask if in the space of 24 hours I've found a builder, got him in, had the work done and paid him?

You're off your head! You're the one whose best mate has his own building company. You're the one with a brother who used to work in the trade. You're the one who has done tiling and plastering before and you think I've got it sorted.

Try asking if we're all okay next time and I might not bite your head off !!!!!!!!
Old Jun 7th 2013, 6:25 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ononno
well I'm not so sure said certificate(for my wife) is going to be enough; because the snotty girl in the comune,whilst issuing the Italian certificate no problem; refused to stamp the UK form because 'non sono tenuta a conoscere l'inglese'. OK, but there must be someone in there who ' conosce l'inglese' since the comune promotes itself as a superior tourist haven.

buona giornata,
'o nonno
With the mood I'm in I'd have been tempted to say "I'm not going to give you a test on English comprehension and grammar. I just need a bloody timbro!"
Old Jun 13th 2013, 1:10 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger, was about to order some stuff on Amazon for my boy's 5th birthday party coming up in a couple of weeks only to find out Italy is no longer (since 11 June) one of the eligible European destinations for free delivery!!!
Old Jun 14th 2013, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

what!!!!!!! you kidding right
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Nobody moaning about the heat then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.