Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Italy's Got Talent

Italy's Got Talent

Old Apr 14th 2010, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Italy's Got Talent

ITG started at 9ish and finished around 00.40 - so thats verrrrry long

Duffers right - the italian versions of these programmes goes on forever. Strictly over here in Italy lasts about 4 hours too and so does their version of Ready Steady cook.

Saying that ......Britains Got Talent starts this Saturday
Old Apr 14th 2010, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Originally Posted by Patty
ITG started at 9ish and finished around 00.40 - so thats verrrrry long

Duffers right - the italian versions of these programmes goes on forever. Strictly over here in Italy lasts about 4 hours too and so does their version of Ready Steady cook.

Saying that ......Britains Got Talent starts this Saturday
Yeah, they're way too long here - true there a lot of ads on Canale5 though.

Can't wait for Britiain's Got Talent this Sat! Yey!
Old Apr 14th 2010, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by .Ariel.
Yeah, they're way too long here - true there a lot of ads on Canale5 though.

Can't wait for Britiain's Got Talent this Sat! Yey!

I know - I feel a bit of a saddo - the highlight of my week is waiting for Saturday night .....bottle of plonk and Britains got Talent
Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

I know - I feel a bit of a saddo - the highlight of my week is waiting for Saturday night .....bottle of plonk and Britains got Talent
I like watching all of these things only in the early stages to giggle at the rubbish acts and the people who cannot hold a tune and yet are convinced that they can sing and Simon Cowell is wrong... does that make me a bad person do you think??!!
Old Apr 15th 2010, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

I see nothing wrong with that
Old May 18th 2010, 9:31 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

So did anybody watch it last night?
I flicked over a few times whilst watching another programme and realised it was the gran finale but there was no way I was stopping up to watch the end of it and knowing Italian TV, I figured that they'd make announcing the winner last about half an hour.

Who won?
Old May 18th 2010, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

ballerina will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I flicked over a few times whilst watching another programme and realised it was the gran finale but there was no way I was stopping up to watch the end of it and knowing Italian TV, I figured that they'd make announcing the winner last about half an hour.

Who won?
I hope it wasn't the dudes who just dance with their bums.... that's just a copy of one that was on Britain's Got Talent last year!!! not that I watch either, hardly ever, jsut seem to always switch it on when people have got their bums hanging out! and yes, the Italian versions of programmes go on forevvvveeeeerrrr!!! the 'semi' finals a couple of weeks ago still had about 20 contestants left!
Old May 18th 2010, 10:25 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Watched it in last week in Turin No Sky there, though I'm 'working' on BBC. Watched Grey's Anatomy. The story line was mostly about who was having sex with who. followed by the spin off, Private Practice. Same thing, different city.
Old May 18th 2010, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

dina1965 will become famous soon enoughdina1965 will become famous soon enough

Who won?
carmen, the opera singer and yes, the show did overrun by half an hour.
Old May 18th 2010, 1:11 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dina1965
carmen, the opera singer and yes, the show did overrun by half an hour.
I knew it would go over.

I saw that singer. I also saw that all 3 judges predicted that she would win.

I wonder what was the age of the majority of tele-voters at that time of night? I can't see all the teenagers voting for an opera singer instead of street dancers or younger performers.
Old May 20th 2010, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Which self respecting young Itlaian is at home in front of the box at midnight on a Saturday? Canale 5 is aimed fairly and squarely at older B2 and C1 audience - (I used to work in tv in the UK) - which is exactly what its owner wants. THe vast majority of C5 watchers, watch only C5 - they believe eveerything they see and Maria, Maurizio Gerry et al are 'their friends' - hence the complete lack of new talent coming through - and the old faces presenting 90% of the shows.

Italian tv on the whole is depressingly crap - its like sitting in front of ITV in about 1974 - imagine the level of Bless this House and the Black and White Minstrels in Italian - thats where we are - TV is the opiate of the people in ITaly which is what it is designed to be. Appalling TV directors who cant frame a camera shot, spontaneous adlibs that last half and hour and completely unrehearsed - why? egos and money I should think - I cant imagine why any producer would allow such shameless overruns appalling production values if they actually cared about the product. TV in ITaly has no BBC mandate to educate, entertain and inform - its purely a business to make money from ads - more so in the case of C5 whose adverts are made by another Berlusconi company. When the entire production costs of a show are met by the SMS/phone in voting, the ads are all profit - and we are the schmucks who sit and ooh and aah along with MAria and Gerry - THank God for UK NOva....
Old May 20th 2010, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by modicasa
Which self respecting young Itlaian is at home in front of the box at midnight on a Saturday? Canale 5 is aimed fairly and squarely at older B2 and C1 audience - (I used to work in tv in the UK) - which is exactly what its owner wants. THe vast majority of C5 watchers, watch only C5 - they believe eveerything they see and Maria, Maurizio Gerry et al are 'their friends' - hence the complete lack of new talent coming through - and the old faces presenting 90% of the shows.

Italian tv on the whole is depressingly crap - its like sitting in front of ITV in about 1974 - imagine the level of Bless this House and the Black and White Minstrels in Italian - thats where we are - TV is the opiate of the people in ITaly which is what it is designed to be. Appalling TV directors who cant frame a camera shot, spontaneous adlibs that last half and hour and completely unrehearsed - why? egos and money I should think - I cant imagine why any producer would allow such shameless overruns appalling production values if they actually cared about the product. TV in ITaly has no BBC mandate to educate, entertain and inform - its purely a business to make money from ads - more so in the case of C5 whose adverts are made by another Berlusconi company. When the entire production costs of a show are met by the SMS/phone in voting, the ads are all profit - and we are the schmucks who sit and ooh and aah along with MAria and Gerry - THank God for UK NOva....

well said !
Old May 21st 2010, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by modicasa

Nice one... a good rant. If I try and say this in my house my wife will say " Well you wanted to live here!!!!!!"
As I slowly learn Italian and try to understand what these people on TV are on about I wonder why I bother.

I do like who wants to be a millionaire though. I sit there trying first to understand the question and then trying to work out the answer. Boh
Old May 21st 2010, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Pete Grey
Nice one... a good rant. If I try and say this in my house my wife will say " Well you wanted to live here!!!!!!"
As I slowly learn Italian and try to understand what these people on TV are on about I wonder why I bother.

I do like who wants to be a millionaire though. I sit there trying first to understand the question and then trying to work out the answer. Boh
Some programmes like Millionaire would still be more watchable if the adverts didn't last so long or be so frequent and if it didn't take them 20 minutes to get through just 2 questions and answers.

I remember when the adverts came on in the UK somebody would say "time to make a quick cuppa".

In Italy you have time to have a quick shower, wash your hair, get your dressing gown on, make a cuppa and a sandwich.
Old May 21st 2010, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

dina1965 will become famous soon enoughdina1965 will become famous soon enough

In Italy you have time to have a quick shower, wash your hair, get your dressing gown on, make a cuppa and a sandwich.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.