HAPPY HOUR

Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:18 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HAPPY HOUR

I wonder what the strawberry and champagne jam would be like on hot toast?
A bit extravagant for breakfast maybe.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 2:45 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I wonder what the strawberry and champagne jam would be like on hot toast?
A bit extravagant for breakfast maybe.
It sounds like one that you get in Tesco's occassionally. Can't remember the brand but I can see the script in my mind - fancy lettering on a white label? They do all the posh jam's - keep thinking Twining's but it's not. Something like petit-fraise et champagne? It's nice but you can't taste the champagne. Now Panorama strawberry jam with loads of great big strawberries in it...!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 4:55 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody fancy a drink or are you all on post Christmas diets ????
Old Jan 13th 2009, 4:56 am

And did anybody bother to make any new year resolutions ?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 4:56 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I found doughnuts resembling and tasting like Krispy Kreme or Greggs in Florence today! They were being sold as "i Simpson" doughnuts so had icing on top. They were in a bakers out in the burbs too so definitely not for the tourists. At a €1 a shot bit on the pricey side but they were good!!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I found doughnuts resembling and tasting like Krispy Kreme or Greggs in Florence today! They were being sold as "i Simpson" doughnuts so had icing on top. They were in a bakers out in the burbs too so definitely not for the tourists. At a €1 a shot bit on the pricey side but they were good!!
but did the Italians call them "krafen" or do-nuts ?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 5:48 am
The Original Red Head!

ciambelline!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

DOH-nuts are called "graffe" around here. I think that's a word only used here though. I like them, but don't buy them because, alas, I won't be able to stop at one. They're covered in sugar here.

Not really made any new yrs resolutions... I'm on a detox again at the mo. I might last until tmrw. Don't want to drink espec this eve cos got a docs appt tmrw.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by .Ariel.
DOH-nuts are called "graffe" around here. I think that's a word only used here though. I like them, but don't buy them because, alas, I won't be able to stop at one. They're covered in sugar here.

Not really made any new yrs resolutions... I'm on a detox again at the mo. I might last until tmrw. Don't want to drink espec this eve cos got a docs appt tmrw.
Well I thought I'd be good this week and not touch the wine. I gave in already but compromised and only bought one bottle instead of filling the fridge.

Funnily enough after just one glass I've gone off it tonight ............ hope I'm not getting sick ! What I really feel like now that the kids are in bed is to settle down with my book and a cup of hot chcoclate - a sure sign that I am knackered .... or maybe I am getting sick
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:04 am
The Original Red Head!

Well we all had flu over Xmas so the booze was few and far between, 3 bottles between 3 of us ( Alex gets a glass at nearly 14 - my dad was buying me bottles of Southern Comfort for Xmas when I was 13, so what can I say?!!) over 4 weeks, and I really haven't missed it that much. Bottle of beer left over from Xmas tonight is really the first in a while. Very nice it was too! An Italian one called G. Menabrea e figli from good old Esselunga! Also watched episode 12 of Desparate Housewives on Corny.org - thanks Pansy! - it starts to make sense now I have watched them pretty much back to back! The first one didn't grab me on tv and I stopped watching, but I watched about 4 in a day over Xmas and it all became clear!!

Loved the Vietnam Top Gear too! So funny! Clarkson on a Vespa!!!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:44 pm

Please - don't let me tempt fate again by joking about being sick.

Chloe woke me at 5.25 this morning screaming from the bathroom that she was being sick.
At 6.10 am I was too.

I don't feel all-over really bad which is just as bloody well as I've got a Friday work deadline to meet, but my poor stomach is in knots and I don't think I've seen the last of the toilet bowl yet ..................

Better get some work done whilst I feel up to it.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:02 pm
The Original Red Head!

Well if it's any consolation Antonia was sick the evening of 12th December - look at her picture on facebook in the black top and you can see she looks awful - but she wasn't sick again at all (about 6 times over the course of the night though), then when I got it the second time I was sick about 4 times and then that was it, so hopefully the sicky bit won't hang around. However, the fluey/cold bit stays alooong time unfortunately. 4 weeks now (plus it came and went for a couple of days in that 4 weeks then came back again!).
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:20 am

Oh God don't tell me that.

I was hoping we had just a 24 hour sick bug. Neither of us have any other symptons like cold, coughs, fevers, achy bones etc.

Still feeling bloody rough though. If only my stomach would stop churning. Chloe is zombied out on the sofa but at least she managed to fall asleep. She is very pale for someone usually so tanned looking.

I'm seeing if I can manage a cup of tea as I sit here........
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:33 am

Oh why is nobody here to look after me ?

Max is in France and his stupid bloody company just rang me up. They are getting a visa organised for him for India ( so now I know where his next trip is to) and they needed the name of his father.

His father has been dead for over 15 years. Why would they need that ?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

lindaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lorna

How you are feeling and is that cup of tea helping at all?

What does your hubby do (apart from see the world )?

Linda

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.