The Good/Bad Old Days

The Good/Bad Old Days

Old Jan 28th 2011, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Good/Bad Old Days

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
And spangles
spangles very dangerousthe thinner they got the more they used to cut your mouth and tongue, I liked the purple ones best
Old Jan 28th 2011, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by giodafa
spangles very dangerousthe thinner they got the more they used to cut your mouth and tongue, I liked the purple ones best
Old english one were the best. In a moment of madness about 3 years ago I bought a sherbet fountain I bit the top of the liquorice stick and sucked up some of the sherbet. I nearly died. It was a good 10 mins before I could breath, talk or stop my eyes from watering.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
Old english one were the best. In a moment of madness about 3 years ago I bought a sherbet fountain I bit the top of the liquorice stick and sucked up some of the sherbet. I nearly died. It was a good 10 mins before I could breath, talk or stop my eyes from watering.
I only remember fruit spangles, must check them out next time I go Home. There's an old fashioned sweet shop nearby and I spend hours in there they also sell old fashioned blocks of fudge...Ryanair please hurry up and bring back the flights
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

I only remember fruit spangles, must check them out next time I go Home. There's an old fashioned sweet shop nearby and I spend hours in there they also sell old fashioned blocks of fudge...Ryanair please hurry up and bring back the flights
Yes what is up with ryaniar. I used to fly into East mids from Milan but it is not available...
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 5:01 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VEROVITA
What do you mean????? I'm wearing one right now!!!!!! I always wear one under dresses or skirts....are we that far out of things I didnt even know this was outdated???!!!
I have to ask - how old are you?! Older than 70 and yes you will still wear an underskirt, less than that....throw them out!!!! Btw, see-through in summer is now fashionable but not with granny knickers...
Old Feb 6th 2011, 10:19 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Someone gave me a Opel fruit type sweet yesterday and I found it hard to get rid of
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

talking about the good old days has just reminded me that it is 40 years since £.s.d. became decimalised. Anther nail in the coffin of what made us different and great. When I were a lad, I were a milk lad; with a horse and float to start with. Milk in churns and cans, and measured out with certified measuring ladles. Some old folk could only afford a gill, let alone half a pint. At tenpence a pint they would pay up at the end of the week for 6 gills and half a pint on Sunday. How much was that to collect? ( 1/8 i.e. 1 shilling and 8 pence).
Would love to see today's schoolkids work out some of the problems we were given in arithmetic.
When the coinage was decimalised, I was in Italy; so my memories of tanners and joeys and half crowns and ha'pennies and florins remained with me much longer; as I wasn't handling the new coinage as frequently. What about you?
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Feb 6th 2011, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ononno
talking about the good old days has just reminded me that it is 40 years since £.s.d. became decimalised. Anther nail in the coffin of what made us different and great. When I were a lad, I were a milk lad; with a horse and float to start with. Milk in churns and cans, and measured out with certified measuring ladles. Some old folk could only afford a gill, let alone half a pint. At tenpence a pint they would pay up at the end of the week for 6 gills and half a pint on Sunday. How much was that to collect? ( 1/8 i.e. 1 shilling and 8 pence).
Would love to see today's schoolkids work out some of the problems we were given in arithmetic.
When the coinage was decimalised, I was in Italy; so my memories of tanners and joeys and half crowns and ha'pennies and florins remained with me much longer; as I wasn't handling the new coinage as frequently. What about you?
ciao for now,
'o nonno
My Grandad would say "Shall we go and have a gill" Which meant shall we go to the pub for a half.. It is a long time since U have heard the word Gill used.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes spangles became quiet sharp..... but not as sharp as my sisters tongue.