Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I knew they were pro-christian, alot of books written around then were though. I've read a few of his adult books and they were very much about Christianity, interesting though...Racist - I think like LOTR it was more they were concerned with the war and it's effects - think of the end of the last book. But then Tolkien and Lewis were good mates, so you can imagine the conversations!
yeah....
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I'm still only on about page 165 of the first one ...... but that's beause I'm only reading a few pags every other night or so and not concentrating.

Mr Vanger still hasn't finished talking about his family yet.
Get a move on woman!! I'm surprised you're not hooked yet... I read the first two in about 8days!
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:53 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said - not really concentrating and not stuck into the plot yet.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:03 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
yeah....
Old Jun 1st 2010, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I hope that we've not hijacked this thread!
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

I think that I may be only person who didn't enjoy these books. I read the first and didn't bother with the others. Felt like I was introduced to a character at the end that I was supposed to care about and didn't. Then he left a whole pile of unanswered questions about the girl to make you buy the next one.

Maybe its better in Swedish
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 6:37 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Guess it also depends on if you like reading "series" books. I prefer them as I get used to the characters and over several books you see them develop, so I treat the first in a series as expo in many ways. This should have been the first of 10, so I guess he thought he had loads of time. I enjoyed the second
my OH hated the ending - too neat for him, he wanted her origins left in mystery but by the time you read the third you realize that is what the story is about.

I'm 3/4 thru the Scarrow Legion books, just a good read, very boys own and I love them!