Air conditioners

Old Aug 7th 2013, 7:53 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air conditioners

I've never seen a BricoMan but at our local Brico the female shop assistants have beards so I reckon that's butch enough.

So how does one clean the outdoor unit of a Daikin then? I cannot find the instruction manual!!
Old Aug 7th 2013, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Bought the damn thing from BricoMan brought it home and turns out it was 2cm too wide to go in the gap .. you'd have thought there'd be a standard size!

Swapping it for the 10 LT one tonight and I'll have to put a couple of bricks under it.

BricoMan is more butch cos all the builders go there (it seems). Brico is more for girlies.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 8:55 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
I've never seen a BricoMan but at our local Brico the female shop assistants have beards so I reckon that's butch enough.

So how does one clean the outdoor unit of a Daikin then? I cannot find the instruction manual!!
thats a bit novel - working on kit and reading the manual

the ones I had there were screws holding the air intake plate in place and further screws holding the fan in place (watch out these may have been put on with a reverse thread to counteract the rotational gubbins)

but you could do an internet trawl, most Daikin's are on there as a .pdf

hth
Old Aug 7th 2013, 9:23 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
thats a bit novel - working on kit and reading the manual

the ones I had there were screws holding the air intake plate in place and further screws holding the fan in place (watch out these may have been put on with a reverse thread to counteract the rotational gubbins)

but you could do an internet trawl, most Daikin's are on there as a .pdf

hth
Yes, I already checked the Daikin website but the manual only tells you how to clean the air filter and the air-purifying filters but not the outside fan unit. I don't know if I should and what I should clean because this summer we have used the unit a lot more than normal.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 11:35 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I already checked the Daikin website but the manual only tells you how to clean the air filter and the air-purifying filters but not the outside fan unit. I don't know if I should and what I should clean because this summer we have used the unit a lot more than normal.
All they did when they serviced our external unit was; clear out dust with a compressed air can (the pc one's), spray with a mould buster foam, and a general wipe down + indoor units (I'd already cleaned them). Cost €150.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 2:08 pm
Pull my finger

So did they clean the pipes for insects at all?
Old Oct 31st 2013, 7:54 am
Pull my finger

We've started to use the Daikin invertor to heat the flat recently in the last couple of weeks, about 30 minutes in the morning and about an hour in the evening. Then just the other day, my downstairs neighbour told me that a lot of water is dripping from our balcony into his garden. The weather has been quite humid recently so I don't know if that is anything to do with it but the whole balcony was wet and large drips were coming out of the hole at the bottom of the outdoor unit the other night. When I checked this morning, there were no drips. In fact, this is the first time in 5 years that this has happened. The outdoor unit has been serviced just once in that time.

Does anybody have similar problems? I am thinking there is a blockage or build up of stuff somewhere...

Help please thank you.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Capo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Duffer

In my mind, I would say that your dripping water is normal and your unit is functioning correctly. Just surprised that you have not experienced this before. Units definitely throw out more condensation in a humid environment. Our whole heating is via inverters but as yet (still in the mid 20's) we've not had to switch on. I would say, however, that around a litre of water every four hours is about average. Lots of houses here put a water bottle under the outflow hose and water coming from the outside unit itself is quite normal.There should be a small hole or groove to allow the water to escape.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 8:45 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

We've started to use the Daikin invertor to heat the flat recently in the last couple of weeks, about 30 minutes in the morning and about an hour in the evening. Then just the other day, my downstairs neighbour told me that a lot of water is dripping from our balcony into his garden. The weather has been quite humid recently so I don't know if that is anything to do with it but the whole balcony was wet and large drips were coming out of the hole at the bottom of the outdoor unit the other night. When I checked this morning, there were no drips. In fact, this is the first time in 5 years that this has happened. The outdoor unit has been serviced just once in that time.

Does anybody have similar problems? I am thinking there is a blockage or build up of stuff somewhere...

Help please thank you.
sounds like the condensate pipe and possible the pump are gunged up, follow the pipe from the outside and work backwards into the ac unit.

ISTR saying elsewhere that this is a procedure that can be carried out by the owner/user on an annual basis, providing electric supply is switched off at mains first.
Get a strong solution of baby bottle sterilser stuff and clean out the condensate system, leaving to soak for an hour or so. During which time take the air filter(s) out and give them a good cleaning.
the main thing a fully qualified engineer is needed for is to check the refrigerant level and if there is a leak into the atmosphere, which can only be done with special equipment and that the system is working properly.

even a clean of filters can effect the operation and improve electricity consumption.
all manufacturers suggest an annual service, but in low useage home environments this can be stretched to 2 years.

hth

~
Old Oct 31st 2013, 8:49 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Capo Boi
Hello Duffer

In my mind, I would say that your dripping water is normal and your unit is functioning correctly. Just surprised that you have not experienced this before. Units definitely throw out more condensation in a humid environment. Our whole heating is via inverters but as yet (still in the mid 20's) we've not had to switch on. I would say, however, that around a litre of water every four hours is about average. Lots of houses here put a water bottle under the outflow hose and water coming from the outside unit itself is quite normal.There should be a small hole or groove to allow the water to escape.
that was my first thought too
Old Oct 31st 2013, 9:04 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Capo Boi
Hello Duffer

Sounds normal to me, too Duffer. It's been an unusually warm and very humid Autumn. There is a tiny tube attached to the hole under our's, but no way could you attach that to a bottle as you can for the main outlet. The few times I've used it in the past, I stick a vileda style floor cloth under and wring it out.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 9:20 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
Sounds normal to me, too Duffer. It's been an unusually warm and very humid Autumn. There is a tiny tube attached to the hole under our's, but no way could you attach that to a bottle as you can for the main outlet. The few times I've used it in the past, I stick a vileda style floor cloth under and wring it out.
You can just get a plastic pipe and channel the water away - if it is the output from the dehumidifier
Old Oct 31st 2013, 1:01 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
You can just get a plastic pipe and channel the water away - if it is the output from the dehumidifier
It has a small plastic pipe, but I don't have a waste pipe handy. It would still drip down.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 1:34 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by 37100
It has a small plastic pipe, but I don't have a waste pipe handy. It would still drip down.
understood, I was thinking of a length of tubing just to take it to the edge of the balcony if no waste pipe availabe
Old Oct 31st 2013, 2:38 pm
Pull my finger

Thanks guys for the response. At the moment I can't really quantify how much water has come out. There is a really small thin rubber tube sticking out of the back of the outdoor unit but the water appeared to be coming from a hole underneath the unit to which no tube has ever been attached.

I will try again to see tonight but I've put a large dustbin under the unit, a little cloth is not enough, nor a towel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.