Travel to Mombasa

Old Mar 25th 2024, 6:14 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel to Mombasa

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl

Thanks I did see that.
Old Mar 25th 2024, 6:15 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Finknottle
Might be fun though! Dash 8 turboprops, noisy and the landing will give your rear a shake up. Alright though, more in keeping with travel in safari country!

I'm quite keen on adventures, just not when it comes to staying up in the air.
Old Mar 25th 2024, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
New places and experiences are among my most favourite things ever. I also need to try and find where I left my French, since for the non-English speakers that's likely to be the favoured language that we might have in common. I don't think my Spanish is going to help much...
You could always try DelBoy French...mange tout??
Old Mar 26th 2024, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by Jolly Good
You could always try DelBoy French...mange tout??
Or Kenneth Williams, ma crepe Suzette.
Old Apr 5th 2024, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Discovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond repute

Just looked, Emirates are via Dubai - lots of choice around London. Personally prefer the A380 UK to Dubai, it's only 777 to Nairobi from Dubai. Lowest time is 14hours with the connection.

BA fly direct and whilst not as nice, it's only 8-9 hours instead of transferring.
Old Apr 5th 2024, 10:05 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Discovery Bullet
Just looked, Emirates are via Dubai - lots of choice around London. Personally prefer the A380 UK to Dubai, it's only 777 to Nairobi from Dubai. Lowest time is 14hours with the connection.

BA fly direct and whilst not as nice, it's only 8-9 hours instead of transferring.
Oops, you're right. Sorry I gave you a bum steer Lion
Old Apr 5th 2024, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Oops, you're right. Sorry I gave you a bum steer Lion

Thanks, both. Looks like I'll have to bit the bullet and cram myself into a BA seat. Of course I can't do any of it until the passport office deigns to send me my new passport.
Old Apr 5th 2024, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Discovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond reputeDiscovery Bullet has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, both. Looks like I'll have to bit the bullet and cram myself into a BA seat. Of course I can't do any of it until the passport office deigns to send me my new passport.
I think it makes more sense, but realistically...

BA to Kenya on A350 is 31 inch pitch and 17.6 width
Emirates A380 to Dubai is 32-34 and 18 wide.
Emirates 777 to Nairobi is 32 and 17

So realistically, you lose an inch for your leggies but it's roughly as wide.
IFE on Emirates is superb, but needs to be for double the journey, so even if BA is average, it'll be one less flight in total.
Old Apr 5th 2024, 1:09 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you could use the time waiting for your passport to butter up the BA check-in staff, you might get an upgrade out of it.
Of course you'd have to sleep with the whole lot of them, so you'll probably need at least a week.
Old Apr 5th 2024, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Not flying Business Class then considering this is a work trip ....? and a long journey at that....
Old Apr 5th 2024, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Not flying Business Class then considering this is a work trip ....? and a long journey at that....
Sadly not. I work for a charity, and not even the CEO flies business class.
Old Apr 5th 2024, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Maybe you could use the time waiting for your passport to butter up the BA check-in staff, you might get an upgrade out of it.
Of course you'd have to sleep with the whole lot of them, so you'll probably need at least a week.

I need to see the line up first, before I consider that approach.
Old Apr 5th 2024, 9:35 pm

I think it makes more sense, but realistically...

BA to Kenya on A350 is 31 inch pitch and 17.6 width
Emirates A380 to Dubai is 32-34 and 18 wide.
Emirates 777 to Nairobi is 32 and 17

So realistically, you lose an inch for your leggies but it's roughly as wide.
IFE on Emirates is superb, but needs to be for double the journey, so even if BA is average, it'll be one less flight in total.

Yeah, I suppose. I`m mostly leg so if I lucked out and got the 34 pitch it would be noticeable. Shaping up to be just like my transatlantic flights really. Longish layover in Nairobi airport, too.