Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

South Africans know the real truth

South Africans know the real truth

Old May 31st 2007, 12:12 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: South Africans know the real truth

Originally Posted by ededed
giving my spare time to feed and clothe the homeless,
Good on ya for that

You do spare time work for the Sally Army ? Those soup days are fun.

It is a huge task in SA as lots of poverty

As for SAA, a taxpayers burden. Whilst you strive to up the service delivery others will naturally take the levels down - deep.
Old May 31st 2007, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Have a good flight, Ededed. Keep off the booze. You'll only have a headache at Heathrow!

Pablo
Old May 31st 2007, 12:28 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ededed
Anyone who doesn't happen to agree with you is an apologist for the government?

#sigh#....
No.

I was reading the way you were apologising for not being a victim of crime.

I think you are challenging the discussion on here re crime situation in SA by saying look at me nothing has happened to me or anyone I know.

I can only say that people that have been a victim and have walked away still alive generally feeling lucky to still be alive. It is a life changing experience not a perception.

I would say that your view of crime is a perception as it contradicts all the statistics and all the ongoing horror stories that come out of SA.

Of course whilst you are driving up the standards of your highly rewarded position in SA you seem to spend most of your working day slogging at driving up the service levels by being on this forum ?
Old May 31st 2007, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come on, Campbell, give the guy a break.

Wouldn't you rather he was honest about his own situation than made up stuff just to please or impress others? And by the way, you really ought to apologise for posting that Carribean horror story and pic without checking your sources.

Pablo
Old May 31st 2007, 12:40 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Pablo
Oh come on, Campbell, give the guy a break.

Wouldn't you rather he was honest about his own situation than made up stuff just to please or impress others? And by the way, you really ought to apologise for posting that Carribean horror story and pic without checking your sources.

Pablo

Good point..

I did actually ask on my first thread I started on the topic if anyone had heard of the story ………

The thread was removed.
Old May 31st 2007, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

"posting privileges". Gimme a break.

Anyway, I thought it was fine to post links to items, Madame Administrator. I would just like Campbell to do some rudimentary checking up first, particularly if they're shocking and emotive.

Pablo
Old May 31st 2007, 1:27 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

"posting privileges". Gimme a break.

Anyway, I thought it was fine to post links to items, Madame Administrator. I would just like Campbell to do some rudimentary checking up first, particularly if they're shocking and emotive.

Pablo
You'd need to take that up with admin as it will take this thread off topic but I'm afraid SA, Jamaica or wherever there aint going to be any pictures of hacked up people on this forum
Old May 31st 2007, 1:31 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

the news story that you captioned Campbells was actually from here - St Vincent - and then hoaxed around the world.

It ACTUALLY happened in St Vincent at the beginning of the year, in the capital Kingstown, when the poor woman got off the bus and was beheaded infront of everyone.

we know this as she was employed here on this island (not St Vincent) and the man who killed her was her boyfriend who was employed in Union Island.

not only were the pictures splashed all over the news but there were HUGE crowds all around the body and everyone taking pictures on their cell ohones, including kids, and then showing everyone.

there are things in life that make you look at others as if they are animals ... and that includes those watching and taking pictures, sick bastards
Old May 31st 2007, 1:38 pm

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by islandmom
the news story that you captioned Campbells was actually from here - St Vincent - and then hoaxed around the world.

It ACTUALLY happened in St Vincent at the beginning of the year, in the capital Kingstown, when the poor woman got off the bus and was beheaded infront of everyone.

we know this as she was employed here on this island (not St Vincent) and the man who killed her was her boyfriend who was employed in Union Island.

not only were the pictures splashed all over the news but there were HUGE crowds all around the body and everyone taking pictures on their cell ohones, including kids, and then showing everyone.

there are things in life that make you look at others as if they are animals ... and that includes those watching and taking pictures, sick bastards
Actually, it happened last year and he wasn't her boyfriend at all but a distant family member who was obsessed with her and was telling everyone that they were married.

I agree, people are sick. I can't understand the obsession some seem to have with macabre events like this one. The story is bad enough without the pictures.
Old May 31st 2007, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Kitten24
Actually, it happened last year and he wasn't her boyfriend at all but a distant family member who was obsessed with her and was telling everyone that they were married.

I agree, people are sick. I can't understand the obsession some seem to have with macabre events like this one. The story is bad enough without the pictures.
god - time flies, I thought it was in Jan sometime, not Dec.

trust me ..... was her exboyfriend. we knew her, and cousins who talk to people and know the facts - which is very different than whats in the news reports.

lets just say she "knew" alot of guys.
Old May 31st 2007, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by islandmom
god - time flies, I thought it was in Jan sometime, not Dec.

trust me ..... was her exboyfriend. we knew her, and cousins who talk to people and know the facts - which is very different than whats in the news reports.

lets just say she "knew" alot of guys.
Okaaay, I'll take your word for it then. Truthfully I don't have that much faith in the news myself.
Old May 31st 2007, 2:11 pm

Have a good flight, Ededed. Keep off the booze. You'll only have a headache at Heathrow!

Pablo
I second that. Plus you'll need all your wits about you to get past Heathrow. You wouldn't want to squint in pain only to be pulled aside as you looked shifty-eyed and suspicious.
Old May 31st 2007, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Kitten24
Okaaay, I'll take your word for it then. Truthfully I don't have that much faith in the news myself.
whatever comes out of St Vincent to the news agencies is from the papers here - which are governement run, as is the one and only TV station.

our PM here had a car accident recently, went to Cuba for treatment and returned to a heros welcome of flags and cheering..... my first thgouht was - so his own country wasnt good enough to treat him medically??!!!

but - thats not what gets reported!
Old May 31st 2007, 4:20 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You'd need to take that up with admin as it will take this thread off topic but I'm afraid SA, Jamaica or wherever there aint going to be any pictures of hacked up people on this forum
I second that. Don't need images of blood and guts to make a point.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 3:49 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells
No.

I was reading the way you were apologising for not being a victim of crime.

I think you are challenging the discussion on here re crime situation in SA by saying look at me nothing has happened to me or anyone I know.

I can only say that people that have been a victim and have walked away still alive generally feeling lucky to still be alive. It is a life changing experience not a perception.

I would say that your view of crime is a perception as it contradicts all the statistics and all the ongoing horror stories that come out of SA.

Of course whilst you are driving up the standards of your highly rewarded position in SA you seem to spend most of your working day slogging at driving up the service levels by being on this forum ?
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! It's cos they took patience off my laptop. The sign of a good manager is effective time management. Each post takes less than a minute, I work 11 hours a day, 98 total posts is less than an hour and a half. And a number at weekends too. (why am I defending myself??)

And I'm not challenging the point about crime at all. I thought my post was very specific in that. All I was saying was it hasn't happened to me - I was trying to make the point that not everyone who lives here views this as a war zone. I'm not going to try and ump on the "everyone out" bandwagon as I don't happen to agree with it.

And perception is fact, n'est pas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.