Reload this Page >

South Africans know the real truth

South Africans know the real truth

Old May 30th 2007, 10:10 am
Just Joined

Bianx is an unknown quantity at this point
Post South Africans know the real truth

Hi guys

LIve been reading the threads that are about South Africa. Can I just say one thing? Us South Africans should not have to justify our opinions about the country!!!! We have lived here and seen with our own eyes the horrors that take place every day. If you have never been here, or only been here for a holiday, you dont have a right to question peoples views on the country. Im not trying to make waves here, but enough is enough! You cant paint a picture of South Africa as a safe country!! Yes, this country is beautiful. Yes this country has wonderful weather and wildlife. But look further and you will see the actual picture. If you have visited RSA and did not experience crime, Im am happy!! No, really I am. But please guys. Please dont think that because nothing happened to you in your 2 week holiday, that the country is safe. I hope people will not be ugly to me in their replies, because Im just trying to be honest
Old May 30th 2007, 11:10 am
Just Joined

capik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: South Africans know the real truth

But the goverment paints a safe picture of the country? Surely its safe?
Old May 30th 2007, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by capik
Its properganda from the government. The have the ostrich in the sand approach.
Old May 30th 2007, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

...And the Zimbabwe government claims that Zimbabwe is prospering. You can tell a lie, no matter how blatant, and some fools will believe it.

Pablo
Old May 30th 2007, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bianx
Hi guys

LIve been reading the threads that are about South Africa. Can I just say one thing? Us South Africans should not have to justify our opinions about the country!!!! We have lived here and seen with our own eyes the horrors that take place every day. If you have never been here, or only been here for a holiday, you dont have a right to question peoples views on the country. Im not trying to make waves here, but enough is enough! You cant paint a picture of South Africa as a safe country!! Yes, this country is beautiful. Yes this country has wonderful weather and wildlife. But look further and you will see the actual picture. If you have visited RSA and did not experience crime, Im am happy!! No, really I am. But please guys. Please dont think that because nothing happened to you in your 2 week holiday, that the country is safe. I hope people will not be ugly to me in their replies, because Im just trying to be honest

Some people won't be told, Bianx. They will find out for themselves.
Old May 30th 2007, 11:57 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pablo
...And the Zimbabwe government claims that Zimbabwe is prospering. You can tell a lie, no matter how blatant, and some fools will believe it.

Pablo
Do you remember a year or so ago, when the crazy psychotic one said that the reason that there were dead cows lying around was due to overfeeding? I reiterate. Cows all over the country overate and that is why they keeled over and died....tsk tsk.
Old May 30th 2007, 12:09 pm

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

If someone wants to encourage people to go there and paint a pretty picture, then they obviously have no conscience. Me, I don't want anyone's blood on my hands.
Old May 30th 2007, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

sa2oz will become famous soon enoughsa2oz will become famous soon enough

Define Safe
I started investigating migration in about 2001. I looked at the UN HDR
United Nations Human Development Reports to picka place to go
South Africa was number 97. Each country is rated on health care, longevity, GNP, education crime, sexual equality to name the basics. I pulled the scores for possible destinations and rated them against RSA. Below I show RSA Zim and our choice

Year RSA Zim Australia
1975 42 56 12 Apartheid years
1980 54 71 11
1985 53 72 11
1990 59 92 14 Relaxing of regulations
1995 61 99 2 Abolished 1992 ANC in power
2001 97 145 6
2006 121 151 3

It is funny that South Africa scored poorly because of Apartheid up to 1990
Now it is gone, the new government have worsened the score
A quote from Chapter 1 page 26 (2003 report)
"Chances of survival in Sub-Saharan Africa are not much better than in 1840 England"

The reports are on their website. A bit of a no brainer to leave.
Old May 30th 2007, 1:02 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kitten24
If someone wants to encourage people to go there and paint a pretty picture, then they obviously have no conscience. Me, I don't want anyone's blood on my hands.
It could be worse - imagine living in a country where this could happen? Unthinkable here in SA! (???????)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6703395.stm

If we had such equipment, there would be hundereds dead.
Old May 30th 2007, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I don't for a moment believe the employee was told. If he had, he would have called up head office. I might be wrong, but that is normally what happens in the first world
Old May 30th 2007, 1:09 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
I don't for a moment believe the employee was told. If he had, he would have called up head office. I might be wrong, but that is normally what happens in the first world
I agree - but can you imagine the carnage in similar situations here? Try calling Eskom to explain! You would welcome the cold call of the grave before calling those morons.
Old May 31st 2007, 8:19 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ededed
It could be worse - imagine living in a country where this could happen? Unthinkable here in SA! (???????)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6703395.stm

If we had such equipment, there would be hundereds dead.
THis is the worst I have ever heard of :-

I got this email in my inbox on Tuesday and posted it to this forum and made the mistake of including one of the pictures ( there were 7 with the email) and the whole post was removed. Sorry about that Mitzyboy !

The whole incident was a decapitation in broad daylight in Hillbrow
(Johannesburg).

It seems to be some sort of justice system (bit ironic in SA a country with zero justice!) that punishes (a bit too soft a word) for girls that have been caught cheating on their partners.

My point is that this is the sickest of sick. It happened in broad daylight and it seems that this is being used as a terror tactic example to threaten others.

In my experience this sort of evil can only happen in Africa and in this case South Africa, The intere4sting thing is that I never heard a squeak about this on any of the news site that I frequent etc etc.

Anybody else here about this?

Here’s the content of the email:………………………

STOP CHEATING ON YOUR MEN YOUNG ONES!!!!!!

ONLY MEN ARE ALLOWED TO CHEAT BECAUSE OF THE RATIO 1:4

Women! Do not cheat on your men!!

This girl was chopped up in broad daylight in front of a crowd in

Hillbrow,JHB

Hillbrow, JHB May 13, 2007 - A man in his 30s is set to

be charged later this week in the shocking beheading of a 21-year-old

woman at a mini bus depot in JHB central Monday.

Stacy Wilson was pulled off a bus and chopped to death by a man police

later identified as Shorn Samuel. Up to last night cops here gave no

motive for the horrendous murder, which happened before dozens of

stunned onlookers.

Wilson sustained several chops to her body before her head was severed

along with her right hand by the machete-wielding Samuel, who held the

head for a bit before dropping it.

He was soon after nabbed by jhb metro cops. He is set to be charged

following a post mortem on Wilson later this week.
Old May 31st 2007, 8:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Campbells
THis is the worst I have ever heard of :-

I got this email in my inbox on Tuesday and posted it to this forum and made the mistake of including one of the pictures ( there were 7 with the email) and the whole post was removed. Sorry about that Mitzyboy !

The whole incident was a decapitation in broad daylight in Hillbrow
(Johannesburg).

It seems to be some sort of justice system (bit ironic in SA a country with zero justice!) that punishes (a bit too soft a word) for girls that have been caught cheating on their partners.

My point is that this is the sickest of sick. It happened in broad daylight and it seems that this is being used as a terror tactic example to threaten others.

In my experience this sort of evil can only happen in Africa and in this case South Africa, The intere4sting thing is that I never heard a squeak about this on any of the news site that I frequent etc etc.

Anybody else here about this?

Here’s the content of the email:………………………

STOP CHEATING ON YOUR MEN YOUNG ONES!!!!!!

ONLY MEN ARE ALLOWED TO CHEAT BECAUSE OF THE RATIO 1:4

Women! Do not cheat on your men!!

This girl was chopped up in broad daylight in front of a crowd in

Hillbrow,JHB

Hillbrow, JHB May 13, 2007 - A man in his 30s is set to

be charged later this week in the shocking beheading of a 21-year-old

woman at a mini bus depot in JHB central Monday.

Stacy Wilson was pulled off a bus and chopped to death by a man police

later identified as Shorn Samuel. Up to last night cops here gave no

motive for the horrendous murder, which happened before dozens of

stunned onlookers.

Wilson sustained several chops to her body before her head was severed

along with her right hand by the machete-wielding Samuel, who held the

head for a bit before dropping it.

He was soon after nabbed by jhb metro cops. He is set to be charged

following a post mortem on Wilson later this week.
Ive heard of some things like that. Not on the news or anything. But from my domestic worker. I dont know if you are allowed to now, but could you please send me a link concerning that story about the decapitation in Hillbrow?
Old May 31st 2007, 8:47 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bianx
Ive heard of some things like that. Not on the news or anything. But from my domestic worker. I dont know if you are allowed to now, but could you please send me a link concerning that story about the decapitation in Hillbrow?
I got this sent to me via one of our friends in SA via email.

I can try to post the pictures to one of these free site on-line photo album sites but they are really gruesome pics and not sure if I would be allowed to do that. I am not sure if I could PM the pics to you if you are really interested.

The thing that got me the most is that we heard ZERO about this and I frequent 24.com site where usually they get stuff out.

This must have been censored....
Old May 31st 2007, 8:50 am

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Campbells
I got this sent to me via one of our friends in SA via email.

I can try to post the pictures to one of these free site on-line photo album sites but they are really gruesome pics and not sure if I would be allowed to do that. I am not sure if I could PM the pics to you if you are really interested.

The thing that got me the most is that we heard ZERO about this and I frequent 24.com site where usually they get stuff out.

This must have been censored....
This is a hoax. I have pointed out on the other thread that this isn't a SA story and certainly not a new one either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.