Is this offensive?

Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:42 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this offensive?

Originally Posted by pgtips
Why can't all the African leaders sit around a big table and discuss things in a civilised way just like we have and thrash out a deal for the betterement of the continent as a whole ?
Errr, we don't. Negotiation and discussion still is the fight for control and power for our own little empires. It is not as simplistic as that. As for Africa, how do we determine "civilized"? By our standards or theirs?
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:42 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pablo
Because they don't agree on what is civilized, and on what "betterment" constitutes, and they will tell you they don't need some intefering neo-colonialist whitey Christian to tell them how to do it. If they want to loot the shop, who are you to tell them they can't? They will tell you to butt out and let them do things "the African way." And when it's all wrecked and everyone is impoverished, they will expect you to bail them out, because it's all your fault, you see.
Pablo, you don't have the answers and niether do I, all we can do is offer suggestions we think may improve the situation.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:45 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
Errr, we don't. Negotiation and discussion still is the fight for control and power for our own little empires. It is not as simplistic as that. As for Africa, how do we determine "civilized"? By our standards or theirs?
Well is it not time for change ? Time for love and understanding ?
Thers just so much trouble in the world !!!
Time to take stock, sit back and give the wounds time to heal.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:46 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

You interferred with Africa way before me !!!
Do not be alarmed or startled by the truth, beg for forgiveness and stop this arrogant gibberish. We live in a Brave New World. The Old Guard has gone.
Better days are to come for all. Embrace it, be part of it, or forever be bitter !!!

Long live better days to come !!!!
Where do you dream up this stuff? Unbelieveable.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:48 pm

Where do you dream up this stuff? Unbelieveable.
The earth needs love now !!!!!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:50 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Well is it not time for change ? Time for love and understanding ?
Thers just so much trouble in the world !!!
Time to take stock, sit back and give the wounds time to heal.
Peace, love and no war, and let's all hold hands and be merry. Sorry luv, wrong planet. We tried that in elementary school and still had some real pills that wanted to rock the boat. It gets worse as we get older too.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:52 pm
Nuts and Bolts

I'm off for a cuppa tea. I need it. Incidently PG Tips too, but may just take a second look at that box. Wondering if it doing something weird to my brain.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:55 pm

I'm off for a cuppa tea. I need it. Incidently PG Tips too, but may just take a second look at that box. Wondering if it doing something weird to my brain.
A cuppa sounds good, try some pgtips, great tea, full of peace and harmony !!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Pablo, you don't have the answers and niether do I, all we can do is offer suggestions we think may improve the situation.
There you go again, playing God. You have no idea whether or not I have the answers, or some of the answers, or none of them. It is, presumably, part of your nihilistic worldview that there are no answers to anything. Maybe that "racist butcher" Ian Smith had better answers for Zimbabwe than you do, or Mugabe does?

Last edited by Pablo; Jan 24th 2008 at 5:00 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Pablo
There you go again, playing God. You have no idea whether or not I have the answers, or some of the answers, or none of them. It is, presumably, part of your nihilistic worldview that there are no answers to anything.
Pablo, we have had some good discussion today but now is time for a cup of tea.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 6:20 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

The earth needs love now !!!!!
Here is love, African style.

If you have a weak stomach, I suggest you don't look. Your God must of had several days off whilst these atrocities were happening.

http://www.africancrisis.org/photos8.asp

Pay particular attention to this:-

The Elim Mission Massacre
In June 1978, terrorists killed 8 British missionaries at Elim Mission. They also killed 4 young children and a 3 week old baby. Note: These missionaries were at a mission station which was dedicated to helping and uplifting the black people. Note in the foreground the corpse of the little baby. These people came in the name of God to help the blacks and this was the thanks they got. It is very similar to the murder of Amy Bhiel, the American girl who came to South Africa's townships to help the blacks:-

I don't know how old you are, but I suspect that you have seen several less summers than I have. I think we were all idealists at one time or another .... fortunately, it is cureable.

Last edited by 1066; Jan 24th 2008 at 6:23 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by 1066
Here is love, African style.

If you have a weak stomach, I suggest you don't look. Your God must of had several days off whilst these atrocities were happening.

http://www.africancrisis.org/photos8.asp

Pay particular attention to this:-

The Elim Mission Massacre
In June 1978, terrorists killed 8 British missionaries at Elim Mission. They also killed 4 young children and a 3 week old baby. Note: These missionaries were at a mission station which was dedicated to helping and uplifting the black people. Note in the foreground the corpse of the little baby. These people came in the name of God to help the blacks and this was the thanks they got. It is very similar to the murder of Amy Bhiel, the American girl who came to South Africa's townships to help the blacks:-

I don't know how old you are, but I suspect that you have seen several less summers than I have. I think we were all idealists at one time or another .... fortunately, it is cureable.
Ok, you still can't let it go, well let's really expose the truth !!

Life Under Apartheid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trC1E95jGkA

Apartheid consisted of numerous laws that allowed the ruling white minority in South Africa to segregate, exploit and terrorize the vast majority: Africans, mostly, but also Asians and Coloureds - people of mixed race. In white-ruled South Africa, black people were denied basic human rights and political rights. Their labour was exploited, their lives segregated.

Under Apartheid, racist beliefs were enshrined in law and any criticism of the law was suppressed. Apartheid was racism made law. It was a system dictated in the minutest detail as to how and where the large black majority would live, work and die. This system of institutionalized racial discrimination defied the principles of the United Nations Charter and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

In 1976 the United Nations unanimously condemned the elevation of one of the "homelands", Transkei, into an independent State because it remained dependent on South Africa. Not one country in the world recognized the new State. In 1982, almost one million black South Africans were transferred to another country -- Swaziland -- without their having any say in the matter.

Ultimately, Blacks demonstrated, held strikes and rioted over such discriminatory practices. As a result diplomatic pressure mounted abroad for change. In 1990, Nelson Mandela, who had devoted his life to democracy, equality and learning for all South Africans, was released from prison after serving almost 30 years for those beliefs. He was elected president of the African National Congress the following year, and in 1993 received the Nobel Peace Prize on behalf of all South Africans who suffered and sacrificed so much to bring peace to their country. On May 10, 1994, Nelson Mandela was elected South Africa's first black President, in that country's first truly democratic election.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trC1E95jGkA

Though I am sure this is nothing new to some on here :curse:
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:04 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

All perfect textbook stuff - but you wouldn't recognise truth if it bit you on the butt.

There are none so blind as those that will not see .... I think I read that in a book somewhere
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by 1066
All perfect textbook stuff - but you wouldn't recognise truth if it bit you on the butt.

There are none so blind as those that will not see .... I think I read that in a book somewhere
Are you saying the pictures are lies, and somehow made up.

Brutal, disgusting, but true !!!

The truth will set you free !!! Don't you get it, repent, repent was the cry.

Let me help you phrase it

" Dear affected, I was part of the most brutal regimes that existed in humanity, I know the cruel suffering I bestowed upon you and your generations and am truely disgusted with my past actions. Is there anyway you can forgive me and accept my utter apology. My ill gained wealth gotten by the unjust sweat of your brow, I would like to share with you and your surviving family members. I know I will have to answer to God one day, but in the meantime please just forgive me.

Yours Sincerly

Part of the regime"

You see it's not that hard.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:30 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I think it best to close this thread now as its getting a little heated.

Sue