Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Moved to UK now going to Australia

Moved to UK now going to Australia

Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:12 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: Moved to UK now going to Australia

Originally Posted by Dunandjs2
I agree with you - i been here for 11 years and I can see a bit of light for the first time in ages - our visas are due shortly. I ahve to say that I dont exactly class some areas of Britain as first world either - so all countries have their little problems
Thanks for the "back-up" - lol
Absolutement!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice

You're both welcome. Any time.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

bokkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Luma
Well now that I have been here in Aus for over 2 months I'm going to answer my own question.

No for me it was harder this time round moving country. The main reason is we have two toddlers and it moving country with children is much harder than just by yourself. I have found the stress totally overwhelming.

I got really depressed when I moved to the UK and I'm feeling quite depressed now. I miss familiar surroundings and good friends that you can just phone and pop round whenever.

But I do like Perth and I know things will improve - it just takes time to settle in.
Hi there, just joined the site, as i have been looking for info and advice from people that are "in the know"
family (hubby and two kids) and i are from KZN/SA moved to the UK 5 years ago and have only just sorted out passports, we now all have Brit passports and dual nationality but we are struggling to feel settled, there is now a small chance that we might be able to move to Western Australia, the question is, as origianaly posted, is it easier the second time and very importantly, what is the cost of moving.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice

We definitely found it easier emotionally moving the second time. Compared to the UK, Perth is heaven for us. We moved at the end of the year and had a couple of months holiday before finding work and starting the kids at school. Maybe that also helped. And since the kids started school, I have met alot of other immigrants, Saffers, Poms and Canadians, who arrived around the same time as us and we can relate to each others experiences.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

sa2oz will become famous soon enoughsa2oz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zims500
And if you had any sense , you'd soon know , what SethEffrikenz are like...
You obviously are a When we, or the newer name Here we.
When we were in Rhodesia, and Here we go again as we called them in South Africa!
Why do all the Zimbos think they are way more clever than everybody else on the planet?
We have plenty of your countrymen here in Mackay where it is pretty hot and sunny and very humid. Mostly they feel they are too clever to be here as well.
Old Aug 30th 2006, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Dunandjs2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sa2oz
You obviously are a When we, or the newer name Here we.
When we were in Rhodesia, and Here we go again as we called them in South Africa!
Why do all the Zimbos think they are way more clever than everybody else on the planet?
We have plenty of your countrymen here in Mackay where it is pretty hot and sunny and very humid. Mostly they feel they are too clever to be here as well.
Exactly !!
Old Aug 30th 2006, 3:57 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Hm....want to turn this into a Zim/SA fight just because someone who was obviously drunk as a skunk decided to post a comment?

What I find amazing is that South Africans looked down on the Zim folk and denigrated them for leaving their country, and they're having to do the same themselves.

See how easy it is?
Old Aug 31st 2006, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

bokkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bruce

At the moment anywhere warm would be good - gee whizz the weathers been icy lately

We're also from KZN - I'm from Howick and my hubbie is from Port Shepstone.

We're wanting to go to Perth or nearby in WA.

Good luck with your move to Adelaide.

hi just being nosey, have you moved yet,
if so how are you settling in?

my hubby and i are from KZN, my hubby is from Durban and i am from Port Shepstone. so your thread caught my site
Old Aug 31st 2006, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

We been in Perth since mid-June.

Tomorrow we're moving into our house. Our container is being delivered with all our stuff. So I think we'll feel a lot more settled once we're in our own place.

We're really glad we've moved here - it was definately the right place for us to come. I'm sure you're most probably like it as well if you decide to move

Originally Posted by bokkie
hi just being nosey, have you moved yet,
if so how are you settling in?

my hubby and i are from KZN, my hubby is from Durban and i am from Port Shepstone. so your thread caught my site
Old Aug 31st 2006, 3:57 pm
Account Closed

We been in Perth since mid-June.

Tomorrow we're moving into our house. Our container is being delivered with all our stuff. So I think we'll feel a lot more settled once we're in our own place.

We're really glad we've moved here - it was definately the right place for us to come. I'm sure you're most probably like it as well if you decide to move
Hooray!
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

sa2oz will become famous soon enoughsa2oz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Hm....want to turn this into a Zim/SA fight just because someone who was obviously drunk as a skunk decided to post a comment?

What I find amazing is that South Africans looked down on the Zim folk and denigrated them for leaving their country, and they're having to do the same themselves.

See how easy it is?
I was having some fun. I understand the irony of it, but if you cant have a laugh at yourself and others. Truth be know in general Zimbabweans are pretty OK, and since coming here I have met lots of weird South Africans too. I do not exclude myself for that category! I was chatting to a Zim lady the other day and mentioned the, When we were in Zimbabwe. She stopped and after a while had a laugh and said it is so true. I also understand it comes form being in a place that does things different than you grew up with. And they do things so different here!
Old Aug 31st 2006, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

I was having some fun. I understand the irony of it, but if you cant have a laugh at yourself and others. Truth be know in general Zimbabweans are pretty OK, and since coming here I have met lots of weird South Africans too. I do not exclude myself for that category! I was chatting to a Zim lady the other day and mentioned the, When we were in Zimbabwe. She stopped and after a while had a laugh and said it is so true. I also understand it comes form being in a place that does things different than you grew up with. And they do things so different here!
Sorry if I took it the wrong way. I'm just feeling a tad touchy. Read my beloved prime minister's book again last week. Sighs. But I miss that place
Old Sep 1st 2006, 5:25 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Sorry if I took it the wrong way.....

Why do all the Zimbos think they are way more clever than everybody else on the planet? ...
didn't sound like a bit of fun.....I'd also have taken that the 'wrong' way. Perhaps next time use the
Old Oct 12th 2006, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

liza-bee is a name known to allliza-bee is a name known to allliza-bee is a name known to allliza-bee is a name known to allliza-bee is a name known to allliza-bee is a name known to allliza-bee is a name known to allliza-bee is a name known to allliza-bee is a name known to allliza-bee is a name known to allliza-bee is a name known to all
Smile Re: Moved to UK now going to Australia

Hi there.

Are there other South Africans who moved to UK and then have/or are going to move to Australia?

Does anyone think it will be easier the second time round?
Hi there. I moved from Zim to S.A. when I was 12, was really settled in Durban, and moved to the U.K. 3 years ago with my family, and just can't settle (too damp, and not enough sunshine!!), and we are starting our applications and hoping to move to Perth, as I feel it would be a better life for our two little ones, and also think, wow, this will be my 4th country! How have you settled in now Luma?
Old Oct 13th 2006, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

We love it here - definately a better lifestyle for us and the kids.

Originally Posted by liza-bee
Hi there. I moved from Zim to S.A. when I was 12, was really settled in Durban, and moved to the U.K. 3 years ago with my family, and just can't settle (too damp, and not enough sunshine!!), and we are starting our applications and hoping to move to Perth, as I feel it would be a better life for our two little ones, and also think, wow, this will be my 4th country! How have you settled in now Luma?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.