Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Introduce yourself before posting

Introduce yourself before posting

Old Mar 27th 2009, 7:21 am
Just Joined

endabob1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Introduce yourself before posting

Moved to Cape Town 6 months ago with my SA born wife, we did live here briefly in 2002/03 when we were first married and travelling the world.
I'm originally Irish but my wife and I met while we were both working and living in London in 1999. We returned to the UK in 2004 and spent 4 years in Northants before we got the chance to return to Cape Town, we're settled back into life down here and so far so good.
I think crime is not the issue that it is sometimes portrayed, but man oh man someone needs to teach South Africans how to drive under the speed limit and use their indicators!!!
I echo the above sentiment;
"We are very happy to be back and cant have this life in UK.Yes South Africa does have its problems but so do a lot of countries and having travelled a lot realised that this country is the best."
Old Mar 29th 2009, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

MsNRJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone!
I am new here, and not quite sure if I am posting on the correct Forum. Where do I start...? I am 40 years old, a divorced mother of 3 gorjus girls, I was born in Manchester, came to South Africa - Durban with my parents in 1982 and I have recently just returned from a 7 day holiday in England. It was my first visit 'home' in 27 years!
To cut a long story short...I fell in love with the country that I was forced to leave 27 years ago!
Desperate am I to return to England permanently, but not sure of the proceedure, if any.
Any advice would be most welcome in all areas.
I am looking forward to hearing from you all.
N
Old Mar 29th 2009, 7:08 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome. Firstly, how does your children's father feel about that? You will need his consent. Do your children have British passports?
Old Mar 29th 2009, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

MsNRJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
Hi and welcome. Firstly, how does your children's father feel about that? You will need his consent. Do your children have British passports?

Hi Tegwyn
Thank you for your most generous welcome, greatly appreciated!
My ex-husband has already given his full consent to allow our girls to move to England. It was origionaly part of the divorce agreement as a possibility of them moving as I am British.
To answer your second question, no they do not have British Passports. They don't even have South African passports as they have never left the country. Actually, neither do I as I origionaly came to South Africa on my Mom's British Passport - which I have. As I am a 'naturalised' South African Citizen I only hold a South African passport....hence why I need help!
Any adivce you can offer would be very much appreciated.
Thanking you!
N
Old May 2nd 2009, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

ballsontheprize is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ladies and gents, I'm a 29 year old SA citizen living in the UK for last 11 years and also spent some time in Zimbabwe.I look forward to chatting with you soon
Old May 17th 2009, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

jskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura about

Hi! Norwegian national, Australian citizen & Singaporean PR... IT Outsourcing, Managed Services, IT Services, BPO, HR Shared Services, ITSM, ITG professional.. currently based in Singapore. May have an opportunity in Lagos/Nigeria.. and have some questions relevant to that prospect. ;-) Got wife & kids.. though they're looking of heading back to Australia if I would pursue this etc. etc. ;-)
Old Jun 6th 2009, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Delphine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Just so everyone has an idea of who you are and what you are doing, why not post a few lines here just introducing yourself to the other SA forum members

Then get posting!
Hi, my name is Delphine. My husband and I are from Canada and living in UAE. Our son and wife are moving in a few weeks to live in Secunda, South Africa. Like so many others on this forum I have read so much about crime I am very worried about them going to live/work there. He is sent by the company he's working for and supposedly will live in a compound with security. I can't find any information on the web about Secunda regarding life and dealing with crime in this city. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Wishing they didn't have to go...worried mom!!!
Old Jun 28th 2009, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

RiceOwl09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I just graduated from college in the United States and will be moving to Africa in the coming months working in the oil industry, this is by far the best source of information I've found about living abroad.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

emmylou09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Introduce yourself before posting

Hi there guys,

My name is Emma-Louise and I currently live in Scotland.
My boyfriend and I have been talking for some time about moving to SA, just joined to talk to some people about what life is like out there, don't want to jump in without knowing all the details!
This seems to be the only place online you can get all the information you need to consider without people just trying to make money out of you!
It will be great to talk to people who have done it themselves, and have experienced it first hand.

Well, I look forward to chatting with you!
Old Jul 5th 2009, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi emmylou, my bank account is.....
Old Jul 8th 2009, 2:33 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Daxk!! Emmylou, simply moving to South Africa is not as simple as it would seem. You would need to have employment offers first - both of you, and then the application process would begin. Simply going to SA anymore and finding work is a thing of the past. Doors are shut unless you have specialized skills that even the affirmatives could not do - or want to do.
Please read all the threads on South Africa, you should get a pretty good idea of exactly what you have to look forward to.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 8:43 am
Just Joined

hema is an unknown quantity at this point

hi anybody frm TANZANIA.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

macooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I'm Martin, I'm about to emigrate to South Africa.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hema
hi anybody frm TANZANIA.
hi im from india.Im a textile engineer having 15 + yrs exp.
Now i want to shift to Tanzania.There are lot of job oppurtinuties in textile Industry.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Hi im frm india. I am a textile engineer.
I want to shift to TANZANIA.There r a lot of job openings in textile industry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.