Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Introduce yourself before posting

Introduce yourself before posting

Old Aug 18th 2015, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself before posting

Originally Posted by Sid Read
Oh thanks very much indeed. The person above me has just posted about Spain, & I am a big fan, have been many times. I was once a hardcore raver, don't you know, & I've been to Ibiza four times & all over the Costas a few times. Very nice part of the world, laid back, cool people. There is some fascism, but for 320 days of sunshine a year, who cares..? lol
You're welcome. If I lived in Europe still, that would be one of the places I would consider.

Language would be an issue for me though. Happy in Australia.
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Bexter_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, my name's Becky and I'm very new to this site, and any forum at all really. I work in Local Government in the Midlands and love going to South Africa! I enjoy going to the cinema and chatting with friends, but don't do any social networking! I'm looking forward to reading the posts and advice provided on the site.
Old Aug 26th 2015, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bexter_
Hi, my name's Becky and I'm very new to this site, and any forum at all really. I work in Local Government in the Midlands and love going to South Africa! I enjoy going to the cinema and chatting with friends, but don't do any social networking! I'm looking forward to reading the posts and advice provided on the site.
Welcome to BE Becky. Enjoy your stay here.
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 8:24 am
Just Joined

jmagill01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my name is Jerry Magill. I am from the US, retired, I have been doing much traveling, and I find myself interested in Gambia as a place to live. I have not yet been to Gambia. I have been to East Africa and liked the people more than anywhere else I have traveled. But the cost of living was very expensive. And immigration policies did not like foreigners staying for very long.

From the little I know about Gambia so far, I think the cost of living is much lower that in E Africa and immigration just might be nicer to foreigners who want to live there. And Gambian people seem to speak English as well as East Africans. If the people are as nice in Gambia as they are in Uganda and Tanzania, I think I might like Gambia a lot. And I saw some posts about Gambia on this forum, so I am hoping I can get some confirmations here.
Old Jan 2nd 2016, 8:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jmagill01
Hi my name is Jerry Magill. I am from the US, retired, I have been doing much traveling, and I find myself interested in Gambia as a place to live. I have not yet been to Gambia. I have been to East Africa and liked the people more than anywhere else I have traveled. But the cost of living was very expensive. And immigration policies did not like foreigners staying for very long.

From the little I know about Gambia so far, I think the cost of living is much lower that in E Africa and immigration just might be nicer to foreigners who want to live there. And Gambian people seem to speak English as well as East Africans. If the people are as nice in Gambia as they are in Uganda and Tanzania, I think I might like Gambia a lot. And I saw some posts about Gambia on this forum, so I am hoping I can get some confirmations here.
Hi Jerry and Welcome to BE.

I don't know anything about Gambia but hopefully someone on here may be able to help you.

Good luck.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 9:43 am
Just Joined

mamaebi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

my name is Caroline i'm from the UK I'm married to a Nigerian and currently living there.
Old May 7th 2016, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

morpheus returns is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am Richard a South African abroad and I live wherever I find myself while in Asia.
Old May 8th 2016, 4:44 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mamaebi
Hi all,

my name is Caroline i'm from the UK I'm married to a Nigerian and currently living there.
Originally Posted by morpheus returns
Hi,

I am Richard a South African abroad and I live wherever I find myself while in Asia.
Welcome to you both - I am the moderator for the African forums, let me know if you need anything while you are here!

Cheers

Ed
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Nicholas99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm new here. I'm currently living and working in Saudi Arabia, so I'm already an expat.

Looking to move to Kenya eventually. I'd like to get in touch with Brits already living in Kenya/Anglo-Kenyans.

Best regards,

Nicholas
Old Mar 15th 2019, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Stephen Laverack is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning, my name is Stephen Laverack I'm 45 and have lived in Johannesburg for 23 years. I recently became a widower (15 months ago) which has made me rethink my future. I have no children but my two elderly parents (both British citizens who have lived here for 26 years) live with me plus three cats. As I am rethinking my future I'm really on here to explore the viability of moving back to England at my age after so many years away, in a Brexit environment. I work as a psychologist and have professional registrations in South Africa (HPCSA) and the UK with the HCPC so finding a job does not seem to be an issue for me in the UK. I have not paid in the National Insurance since 1993 and although eligible (according to the Gateway) to a small pension to pay in to get a full pension at retirement seems daunting. I'm also worried about doing a full financial emigration to the UK as I would lose value on my investments due to SA's exchange rate and would like to hear how others have managed to deal with this. Thanks
Old Mar 15th 2019, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you can pay 7 years of arrears to National Insurance. You have to apply for permission. Self-employed rate is the best if you can do that.