Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Introduce yourself before posting

Introduce yourself before posting

Old Jul 20th 2011, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduce yourself before posting

Hi Peter, dont worry about Ed, his job is kick starting and hand-launching Boeings at Oliver Tambo.

Couple of small things, you need to register with the Health Professionals Council of SA if you intend seeing patients,(dont try and phone, the switchboard has not bothered to answer a phone in two years at least) normal type exams on Local Law and a Competency exam which most graduates from Somalia and the Sudans Med schools breeze through so no problem for you, methinks.
Fly in the ointment is one to two years Community service in a SA Govt Hospital
of their choosing iro of location and salary before you can do any private practice,

SAMHC do NOT answer the phone and seldom reply to any emails so I suggest you contact NETCARE or google private Hospitals SA and ask them to put you in touch with a professional to help you.
It will cost you money but trying to do it on your own is futile.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 7:19 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daxk
Hi Peter, dont worry about Ed, his job is kick starting and hand-launching Boeings at Oliver Tambo.
Ah, 'tis true. Normally I only do this when wannabe Micks are on the next plane out....
Old Jul 20th 2011, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed
Ah, 'tis true. Normally I only do this when wannabe Micks are on the next plane out....
T'be sure,t' be sure!!
Old Jul 21st 2011, 9:35 am
Just Joined

otprivatewm is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning to everyone!
I am new to the site and many expats sites in general. I am a Canadian Expat who has been living in Europe for the past 13 years. Various countries across Western and Eastern Europe, and recently laid down more concrete roots in Cyprus. Though my previous years have been in Professional Sport, I am now taking a new direction into financial services. My family and I have enjoyed many aspects of our 'vagabond' lifestyle and, although have enjoyed diving into the cultures and local people, are very much looking forward to catching up with a few of 'our own'. Best of health, luck and happiness to all the adventure seekers out there!
Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Kaptich is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone.
I am Kaptich...a newbie usually know as "Kap". Born a raised in Kericho and lives and work in Nairobi. 28 years of age. I have vast direct experience with real estate and on-line hotel booking :- On-line property listing, Advertisement and consultancy. In my other life am a Application Developer, Programmer, and Project Manager in a wide variety of business applications.

Lastly Team Manager and Basketball Player at Don Bosco Spartans.Involved in empowering and development of the youth. I find pleasure in sharing Ideas and giving back to the community.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

allyc123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving from RSA to the UK....

ello everybody,
I'd like to introduce myself all the way from South Africa. I am currently in the process of planning emmigrating to the UK where me and my three children will be living with my mom and stepdad.
As I don't yet have a job offer I will most likely have to apply for a Family Visa, however, I really really wish to start working as soon as I get there. What are the chances of me being offered a job before leaving SA. I am planning to be there in December 2011 so would like to start working in January 2012.
I am new to this emmigration process so any assistance, contacts, etc would be great appreciated.
If there are any people or companies wishing to see my experience and skills that I will be bringing to the UK I can always email you my cv and references.
Very excited about this move (and scared) and hope that I can get in touch with people who will be able to guide me and assist me.
Kind regards
Alicia
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

How'z it going , Allyc123 ?
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

Stadge is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all,

I'm a Brit, just finished the second year of my degree at Cambridge and about to head into my final year. I'm in a long term relationship with a South African (I'm visiting for the first time in about two weeks) and whilst I cannot commit completely to anything yet (like I say, I've not been there yet) the idea would be that I will hopefully be able to move across. Whilst Id probably settle for any employment I could get, ideally I would like to teach, so of course I'll need my post grad teaching qualification. Anyway, I'll probably start/find a thread to ask about that side of things.

So yeah hey everyone. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Kimberley Fernandes has a brilliant futureKimberley Fernandes has a brilliant futureKimberley Fernandes has a brilliant futureKimberley Fernandes has a brilliant futureKimberley Fernandes has a brilliant futureKimberley Fernandes has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Introduce yourself before posting

Hi Im Kimberley

Decided to move to Nairobi, Kenya with my husband who is Kenyan born, but family roots from Goa. Im a Brit born and bred in Plymouth,Devon.

We have been here 10 months already and time has flown by. Lots of weekend trips out into the wild which isn't to far to get to once outside Nairobi, Loving IT.

I'd always dreamed as a small girl travelling to Africa and seeing all the wildlife and beauty, now Im living here totally an amazing place to be.

Im not to sure how to insert a picture off my hard drive ???? as I would of put some here for you guys to see, both my husband and I are very into photography.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Kaptich is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kimberley Fernandes
Hi Im Kimberley

Decided to move to Nairobi, Kenya with my husband who is Kenyan born, but family roots from Goa. Im a Brit born and bred in Plymouth,Devon.

We have been here 10 months already and time has flown by. Lots of weekend trips out into the wild which isn't to far to get to once outside Nairobi, Loving IT.

I'd always dreamed as a small girl travelling to Africa and seeing all the wildlife and beauty, now Im living here totally an amazing place to be.

Im not to sure how to insert a picture off my hard drive ???? as I would of put some here for you guys to see, both my husband and I are very into photography.
Am proud to be kenyan. When i read such comments it really feels good. Which game drives did you go. Masai mara or Tsavo. Enjoy your stay.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 5:43 am
Just Joined

Kimberley Fernandes has a brilliant futureKimberley Fernandes has a brilliant futureKimberley Fernandes has a brilliant futureKimberley Fernandes has a brilliant futureKimberley Fernandes has a brilliant futureKimberley Fernandes has a brilliant future

Masai Mara beautiful place, was there 6 years ago, that was the 2nd time I came to Kenya, going to Tsavo next month and then on to Mombasa. Masai Mara next on the to do list, I will enjoy it even more this time, knowing its not to far and I can go again.

Old Dec 1st 2011, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

asele is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

We're a family of 3, living in Port Gentil, Gabon and considering to move to Congo. I'm a stay home mother (of a 2 year old), for the moment at least.

Very glad to have found this site, because this was our first expatriation and first time in Africa. I had a hard time adapting, I really wish I had found this site earlier, I could have asked before coming here 4 years ago.

So there is me...
Old Jan 20th 2012, 10:50 am
Just Joined

absin1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi my names andrew
just accepted a job working in sierra leone
looking for some information on what to expect etc
when i get over there
Old Mar 14th 2012, 10:48 am
Just Joined

damon.shurville is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

I moved to the Jo'Burg area on 12th March so have been here less than a week so far.

Moved from Ascot in the UK, small place but most people have heard of it due to the Racecourse there.

Moved out to South Africa with work as I am fed up with Britain - weather, over charged for everything, politics, Euro laws etc..... Love our heritage, history and countryside though :-)

Working for an independant financial consultancy - largest in the world. I deal with Offshore investments, moving UK pensions (not state pension though) to an offshore tax free environment, long term savings/investments, funds and financial planning. I can deal with people of any nationality but have some great products for expats and a consultation with me is FREE! So if you are an expat or local who wants to invest internationally then give me a shout.

I like Scuba diving, Rugy, Baseball and travelling and am looking forward to doing all of these over here :-)

:-)
Old Mar 14th 2012, 2:27 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi damon,

Welcome to BE. How are you enjoying Jo'Burg so far?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.