Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

I only want to hear nice things.....

I only want to hear nice things.....

Old Jul 6th 2007, 4:22 pm
don't worry be happy

DIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really nice
Thumbs up I only want to hear nice things.....

I know this is not what a lot of you want to talk about, but i feel i have read enough over the last few months about ALL the bad things in South Africa.
So for once can we be positive and tell me only about the GOOD things in the country.

I would really like people to tell me about places they have visited and enjoyed, places worth a visit, not worth a visit etc etc.

Come on you positive people give me some nice answers. I don,t want to read Any negative ones.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 4:25 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I only want to hear nice things.....

thousand hills
gateway shopping mall
watching the dolphins at Omschlanga (sp) Rocks
eating excellent braiis
The Duzi race
Piri Piri chicken at Nandos
Zimbali
cost of eating out
Old Jul 6th 2007, 5:05 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Hartesbeepoort Dam on a Sunday
Sun City
Union Buildings Pretoria
The Carnivore Restaurant - Muldersdrift, Joeys.
The South Coast
The North Coast
Sidwana Caves
Mpumalanga - absolutely gorgeous scenery
Sandton Shopping
Henley on Klip - very gorgeous English type 'village' like
Of course Cape Town, Stellenbosch Wine Farms, Knysna area - Garden Route goes without need of mention
Old Jul 6th 2007, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Where are you moving to Diane?
Old Jul 6th 2007, 5:08 pm
don't worry be happy

DIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really nice

Moving to Western Cape later in the year.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 5:08 pm
Account Closed

kitten started a similar thread a few weeks ago.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=452442
Old Jul 6th 2007, 5:11 pm
don't worry be happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kitten started a similar thread a few weeks ago.
Thanks for that i,ll have a read through
Old Jul 6th 2007, 5:22 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Loved the Kruger Park. Something about those beautiful wild animals that is always amazing to see. Makes you appreciate nature in all her wonder. The white sandy beaches. Pretty much anywhere up and down the coastal regions. Way back when in my wild youth, which is not so long ago in fact , we used to load up a bunch of friends in our VW Combi and head down to the Natal coast and camp on the beaches for long weekends. We never though anything of driving 12 - 14 hours stints for things like that. Majority of the time, it was just a bunch of us girls too! We did try the Cape a few times, but it was usually too cold at night, and too far. I think all of South Africa made a beeline for the Cape over Christmas. The locals were not too happy to have us all there at once.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 5:32 pm
don't worry be happy

Hi Tegwyn
I have been to the Kruger park...loved it. But then i am a big animal lover anyway. So amazing to get so close to elephants, lions etc. Mind you i did shit myself when an elephant came a bit close.

You sound as though you love S Africa, are you still there?
Old Jul 6th 2007, 5:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
Loved the Kruger Park. Something about those beautiful wild animals that is always amazing to see. Makes you appreciate nature in all her wonder. The white sandy beaches. Pretty much anywhere up and down the coastal regions. Way back when in my wild youth, which is not so long ago in fact , we used to load up a bunch of friends in our VW Combi and head down to the Natal coast and camp on the beaches for long weekends. We never though anything of driving 12 - 14 hours stints for things like that. Majority of the time, it was just a bunch of us girls too! We did try the Cape a few times, but it was usually too cold at night, and too far. I think all of South Africa made a beeline for the Cape over Christmas. The locals were not too happy to have us all there at once.
We used to do that. Head for Margate for a weekend with buddies all the time. Going the old way, which has some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world IMO. Wonder if it is still possible to do that trip?
Old Jul 6th 2007, 5:57 pm
Account Closed

Ah but Diane, we all absolutely love and adore that continent. That is what makes us sad and care about what is going on. If we didn't and if we didn't have family and friends and roots there, we wouldn't give a darn about it - we'd say, let it all go to hell.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DIANE UK
Moving to Western Cape later in the year.

I think Whalewatcher is a Brit who moved to the Western Cape.

You could try HomecomingRevolution for positive-spin stuff.

Pablo
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:43 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DIANE UK
Hi Tegwyn
I have been to the Kruger park...loved it. But then i am a big animal lover anyway. So amazing to get so close to elephants, lions etc. Mind you i did shit myself when an elephant came a bit close.

You sound as though you love S Africa, are you still there?
I grew up in Southern Africa. Zambia, short spell in Kenya, Zims and S.A. That is in between stints back and forth to the U.K. My father was a mining man. There are still things about Africa that I love, a lot more that I decided to turn away from, and no, not there anymore. The last couple of years has seen me return for traumatic events, funerals and criminal events that have affected many near and dear to me. I did have many business interests in S.A. but decided to extract them as I don't believe it is worth it anymore. Now I spend a lot of my time with visa issues trying to help get those very people out the country.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Mizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond repute

Kruger Park,
Beaches
Table mountain
Karoo
Namakwaland in August
Drakensberge
Orange river
Wine Farms (Stellenbosh)
Woolworths
Mugg & Bean coffee shop
Brooklyn shopping centre
Sandton City Centre
Garden Route

I can go on for ever
Old Jul 6th 2007, 7:02 pm

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hluhluew-Umfolozi Zululand Tree lodge one of the most relaxing places on the planet. La Petite Ferme in franschhoek, the wine they make is some of the best I have ever had and the restaurant is to die for. The green dolphin in Durbs, fish and chips a cold beer and watching the surf. If I do nothing else when I next visit I will eat well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.