Hi everyone

Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:16 am
Just Joined

jenny varney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi everyone

Hello everyone, Sorry not been about for a bit very busy at work and a broken ankle in plaster not having much fun at the moment.

I have been reading a lot of replies and finding as always very interesting comments. I spent a lot of time going through this forum before and after my visit to SA and have done a lot of research and soul searching these past months and I would like to say that I very much appreciate the honesty of people on this forum. If I asked a question I received a straight to the point no frills answer and being Scottish we like that.

My husband and I will not be moving to SA, I must say I am very disappointed but why on earth would I put myself in that situation, I loved my trip to SA, was married in Zim and have spent a lot of time in Africa but I cannot do it, for various reasons but most of all my life is more important and dont want to be looking over my shoulder all the time.

I have friends who are still in Zim and I worry about them constantly and they need to get out soon but life is not that easy sometimes.

Anyway I am going on bla bla bla and what I would like to say is a big huge THANKS to all of you for your opinions and honesty. I wont vanish I will pop on now and then for a blether and see whats happening as I do like to hear about SA and see you are all ok.

Cheers again guys.

Jenny Varney
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:09 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi everyone

Ouch Jenny! Hope you recover soon. I think you have made the right decision and wish you well. Cheers.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Buney is a jewel in the roughBuney is a jewel in the roughBuney is a jewel in the roughBuney is a jewel in the roughBuney is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jenny varney
Hello everyone, Sorry not been about for a bit very busy at work and a broken ankle in plaster not having much fun at the moment.

I have been reading a lot of replies and finding as always very interesting comments. I spent a lot of time going through this forum before and after my visit to SA and have done a lot of research and soul searching these past months and I would like to say that I very much appreciate the honesty of people on this forum. If I asked a question I received a straight to the point no frills answer and being Scottish we like that.

My husband and I will not be moving to SA, I must say I am very disappointed but why on earth would I put myself in that situation, I loved my trip to SA, was married in Zim and have spent a lot of time in Africa but I cannot do it, for various reasons but most of all my life is more important and dont want to be looking over my shoulder all the time.

I have friends who are still in Zim and I worry about them constantly and they need to get out soon but life is not that easy sometimes.

Anyway I am going on bla bla bla and what I would like to say is a big huge THANKS to all of you for your opinions and honesty. I wont vanish I will pop on now and then for a blether and see whats happening as I do like to hear about SA and see you are all ok.

Cheers again guys.

Jenny Varney
Hi Jenny, Dont know your situation, but PLEASE dont say you'll be staying in Britain though . That would be really sad !!
Old Aug 8th 2007, 10:55 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Buney
Hi Jenny, Dont know your situation, but PLEASE dont say you'll be staying in Britain though . That would be really sad !!
Why? It is her home after all.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 10:58 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buney

Yeah .... Britain may have a things wrong with it, but even if half of what I read on here is correct then SA would be 100 times or more worse!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 2:22 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yeah .... Britain may have a things wrong with it, but even if half of what I read on here is correct then SA would be 100 times or more worse!
10 000 times.

Unfortunately, it is where my children were born
Old Aug 9th 2007, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Stanley10 is an unknown quantity at this point

SA may or may not be worse than Britain, however I would not base my judgement on anything that has been written here.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 4:58 am
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stanley10
SA may or may not be worse than Britain, however I would not base my judgement on anything that has been written here.
Of course not, it is just the opinion of thousands of South Africans that are have left / in the process of leaving, or trying to find a way out. This stuff is a pure figment of their imagination, an excuse to leave everything they identify with, behind.......
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
Of course not, it is just the opinion of thousands of South Africans that are have left / in the process of leaving, or trying to find a way out. This stuff is a pure figment of their imagination, an excuse to leave everything they identify with, behind.......
Exactly, couldn't have put it better myself (you may be a bit harsh on the figment of the imagination bit)
Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:12 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't ..... look at TV reports, in the newspapers, search online
You cant just ignore all the bad reports and just deny it doesn't happen.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

More "amazement" from Cape Town today...

ROBBERS FORCE WOMAN TO STRIP TO HER UNDERWEAR
An elderly couple has become the latest mugging victims on Table Mountain.
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?newsl...5a1a20070809at
Old Aug 9th 2007, 2:14 pm
Nuts and Bolts

The ostrich is alive and well, and roaming around behind huge security fences in the cheery metropolis of S.A ! For those that love the thrill of the "chased", this is the place.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:31 pm

It's a bit like a time-honored tradition in Africa - game hunting.

Only human beings are the prey.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Fair enough, its just not what you said originally.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 8:17 am
Senior Moment

Fair enough, its just not what you said originally.
Picky picky