Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Convince me why I should consider SA ?

Convince me why I should consider SA ?

Old May 23rd 2007, 9:39 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Convince me why I should consider SA ?

Originally Posted by duglambier
In SA, there is certainly lovely place where savages are not terrorizing the population : for instance (informations coming from Internet, I hope someone will confirm) : few areas of Western Cape (Worcester, Beaufort, MosselBay...), Calvinia, Port Elizabeth...
Bro, the mother land awaits you.
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:47 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kitten24
Funny how it's always a new member and they only post once or twice to tell us how stupid we are and then disappear.

It must be confusing having so many memberships. Do you keep a list of all your passwords etc. (just in case) or do you keep the same password for everyone?

Maybe the moderators could do a check on this ?

Good idea ??

Cheers
Old May 23rd 2007, 10:10 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells

Good idea ??

Cheers
I regularly check IP addresses for suspicious one offs, of which there are a few on here. No duplications at moment although nowadays ips are no guarantee
Old May 23rd 2007, 10:21 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I regularly check IP addresses for suspicious one offs, of which there are a few on here. No duplications at moment although nowadays ips are no guarantee
Don't you find that many of them hide behind proxy servers? Common for spamming practices.
Old May 23rd 2007, 10:25 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

Good to know

Thanks
Old May 24th 2007, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Stanley10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kitten24
Funny how it's always a new member and they only post once or twice to tell us how stupid we are and then disappear.

It must be confusing having so many memberships. Do you keep a list of all your passwords etc. (just in case) or do you keep the same password for everyone?
New members have to start somewhere. I have reread my post, and nowhere can I find any reference to you, nor have I called anyone stupid. I have one membership so no list of passwords is required. To be honest I find your post insulting.

Good idea ??
What are you checking for?

Back to the subject, trying to convince anyone like yourself, who is doing so well and has settled so well in their new country, to return to SA would be a hard if not impossible task. However not everyone who has left SA is necessarily like you they may not be as successful in their career in their new country and they may not find it easy to settle. People also have different motivations somethings that are important to you, may not be as important to them, for instance you seem to like having an expensive Hoover, for others this may be a non issue.
Old May 24th 2007, 4:57 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Stanley10
New members have to start somewhere. I have reread my post, and nowhere can I find any reference to you, nor have I called anyone stupid. I have one membership so no list of passwords is required. To be honest I find your post insulting.

What are you checking for?

Back to the subject, trying to convince anyone like yourself, who is doing so well and has settled so well in their new country, to return to SA would be a hard if not impossible task. However not everyone who has left SA is necessarily like you they may not be as successful in their career in their new country and they may not find it easy to settle. People also have different motivations somethings that are important to you, may not be as important to them, for instance you seem to like having an expensive Hoover, for others this may be a non issue.
Hey Stan, a lot of frowning there mate.

Stan mate, not sure why you seem to keep missing the point, the reference was not to the hoover but the principal of the hoover. It was in the same context as the powertools.

In the same reference to the Blue Train but maybe you don’t get that either.

I keep attempting to point out that it is far more constructive to post your positive views if that is your message rather than trying to discredit other’s posts even if they are negative in your views.

Other members get protective here when people try to say there is not a problem with crime in SA so end up detailing what can be interpreted as misleading information. I don’t believe my post was misleading?

Perhaps my reference to a hoover for you was misleading? It is strange that others have offered feedback saying that this was a good post but you attempt to pick holes in it.

Last edited by Campbells; May 24th 2007 at 5:19 am.
Old May 24th 2007, 5:17 am
Banned

Back to the subject, trying to convince anyone like yourself, who is doing so well and has settled so well in their new country, to return to SA would be a hard if not impossible task. However not everyone who has left SA is necessarily like you they may not be as successful in their career in their new country and they may not find it easy to settle.
So does that mean that SA has a profiled target market and that is for people that can not do well overseas?

If that was my call I would want the successful people, surely that would make more sense on a performance based threshold.

It is easy to select sections of my post and lose it’s meaning which of course was the introduction that both my wife and I ran successful companies in South Africa and were driven out by racial policies and violent crime. We created employment in SA and contributed to the economy. I thought that these sorts of profiles would be attractive.

Therefore if I take your response in that context it means that you are saying that South Africa has a target profile of attracting people back that will accept violent crime and the racial problems and can not make things work in another country therefore will make it in SA? I seriously don’t get that……

Stan, it has to work both ways as out of context has a broad meaning.

I am positive you will understand this
Old May 24th 2007, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey Stan, a lot of frowning there mate.

Stan mate, not sure why you seem to keep missing the point, the reference was not to the hoover but the principal of the hoover. It was in the same context as the powertools.

In the same reference to the Blue Train but maybe you don’t get that either.

I keep attempting to point out that it is far more constructive to post your positive views if that is your message rather than trying to discredit other’s posts even if they are negative in your views.

Other members get protective here when people try to say there is not a problem with crime in SA so end up detailing what can be interpreted as misleading information. I don’t believe my post was misleading?

Perhaps my reference to a hoover for you was misleading? It is strange that others have offered feedback saying that this was a good post but you attempt to pick holes in it.
How to avoid answering a question 101, well done. To refresh your memory, the question was "What are you checking for?" .

If I have discredited your post in any way I apologize, I was merely attempting to answer your question.

You really are reading to much into my answer, I cannot, and do not profess to speak on behalf of SA. However you have made it very clear that you have no intention of returning to SA as your life is so much better where you are. Why would anyone waste time attempting to convince you or others like you to return?

Because a person does not settle in a foreign country doesn't mean they aren't successful. If I were running a campaign to get people to return, these would be the ones I would target.
Old May 24th 2007, 6:50 am
Banned

Because a person does not settle in a foreign country doesn't mean they aren't successful. If I were running a campaign to get people to return, these would be the ones I would target.
Ok, let’s say their *objective* was not successful if they have not settled in their new country.

Perhaps the question you need to be asking is why did they leave SA in the first place?

That is where the rubber meets the road.

So perhaps the target should be fixing the problems that drove the people away in the first place. You know - customer retention.

It is known that losing a customer due to non-delivery is far harder to recover from that getting a new customer. So if you are losing customers due to poor service what is the rule ??
Old May 24th 2007, 6:55 am
Banned

How to avoid answering a question 101, well done.

To refresh your memory, the question was "What are you checking for?"
Read the moderators and other replies to that. If you don’t understand IP than say so and we can help you with that.

I’m sure the other member also mentioned proxy servers……….

Memory refreshed – thanks
Old May 24th 2007, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

sa2oz will become famous soon enoughsa2oz will become famous soon enough

Ok, let’s say their *objective* was not successful if they have not settled in their new country.

Perhaps the question you need to be asking is why did they leave SA in the first place?

It is known that losing a customer due to non-delivery is far harder to recover from that getting a new customer. So if you are losing customers due to poor service what is the rule ??
I know of a few families that have come to Australia and some in New Zealand that were very successfull in both places. (South Africa and wherever).
They have gone back to South Africa and are sucessful and even happy there. The ones I know who did this stayed long enough to get citzenship. They reckon life is way better in South Africa, or can make huge sums of money there, and will only leave if it gets too bad again for them.
Some say family as well.
For me the customer analogy does not fit with migrating, not to mention hoovers
I and many others cant see the point of going back where you came from.
Old May 24th 2007, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Read the moderators and other replies to that. If you don’t understand IP than say so and we can help you with that.

I’m sure the other member also mentioned proxy servers……….

Memory refreshed – thanks
Nothing to do with understanding IP, you asked the moderators to "do a check on this" in response to a post which was about me. What are you checking for?
Old May 24th 2007, 7:47 am
Banned

Nothing to do with understanding IP, you asked the moderators to "do a check on this" in response to a post which was about me. What are you checking for?
I really don't appreciate the agressive tone of your post.

Tone down and ask me nicely

Otherwise I do not have to answer to you.
Old May 24th 2007, 7:51 am
Banned

Originally Posted by sa2oz
For me the customer analogy does not fit with migrating, not to mention hoovers
Yes, exactly.

I have not referred to any of my post content to prove a point to my customers as some others have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.