Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Convince me why I should consider SA ?

Convince me why I should consider SA ?

Old May 24th 2007, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Convince me why I should consider SA ?

Originally Posted by ededed
I read it to get useful information about being an expat, on people's views and opinions about the country I live in (and what's going on back home).
Peace.
Back home, Comrade Brown has seized power in a bloodless coup and cool Comrade Tone is going off into the sunset to save the world. The sun is shining, the chavs are lovin' it, and here in Cambridge the dons are looking hot and bothered. Every politician of every hue seems to believe that we need to dish out lots more money to Africa. White man's burden and all that. France has been taken over by a fascist (according to the BBC, anyway) and I'm thinking of moving to Congo, where things are no doubt safer than here.

I've been enjoying your posts Ededed. Keep 'em up.

Best wishes,

(Comrade) Pablo
Old May 24th 2007, 4:10 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 24th 2007, 11:34 pm

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
Here's another good thing about SA... Barry Hilton.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=22B8Qp1pP...elated&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gdxF0C1hE...elated&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e1MZS0pmlPI
Old May 25th 2007, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Stanley10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stan, as a matter of course, I check IP's but cannot on this site. The reason I do that is that on some of the S.A. expat forums, a bunch of the same old trouble makers have surfaced to spam or trash a site that they decided is not to their liking. It's been a problem for a while and has nothing to do with you on a personal level. Some that have popped up here out of the blue had similar writing patterns to those that had been a problem before. The radar goes off.
Thanks Tegwyn, I have no intention of spamming or trashing the site.
Old May 25th 2007, 5:13 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

No man, you've got to use oil. Makes the fight last a bit longer.
I suggested this last night to my wife.

Medical Aid claims go in this afternoon.
Old May 25th 2007, 5:17 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pablo
Back home, Comrade Brown has seized power in a bloodless coup and cool Comrade Tone is going off into the sunset to save the world. The sun is shining, the chavs are lovin' it, and here in Cambridge the dons are looking hot and bothered. Every politician of every hue seems to believe that we need to dish out lots more money to Africa. White man's burden and all that. France has been taken over by a fascist (according to the BBC, anyway) and I'm thinking of moving to Congo, where things are no doubt safer than here.

I've been enjoying your posts Ededed. Keep 'em up.

Best wishes,

(Comrade) Pablo

Thanks pal - right back atcha. I saw Brownie is going to be PM. At least the days of stylish presentation will be gone. To be replaced by a fat, dour, miserable accountant. Does that make the world a safer place? You won't live longer, it will just seem like it.

Is Blair still a comrade? I thought he switched sides long ago. He'll end up ambassador to the US soon enough. Lying sneaky weasel.
Old May 25th 2007, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Is Blair still a comrade? I thought he switched sides long ago. He'll end up ambassador to the US soon enough. Lying sneaky weasel.
Oh, I know, I know. And then there's "Dave" Cameron. I despair.

I used to wonder why old people seemed so uninterested in politics. Now I'm getting old myself, I'm beginning to understand. It's that you've seen it all before, again and again and again. A meaningless merry-go-round of folly and stupidity.

Pablo
Old May 25th 2007, 11:22 am

Gordon Brown... yet another reason to leave the UK!!
Old May 25th 2007, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

sa2oz will become famous soon enoughsa2oz will become famous soon enough

Im with you on ths one.
A friend sent me a DVD of Barry Hilton and Whackhead Simpson this year. Best gift ever. I cant even find any more on www.kalahari.net
Oh yes also a Johnny Clegg jaluka Savuka fan
Old May 25th 2007, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by sa2oz
Im with you on ths one.
A friend sent me a DVD of Barry Hilton and Whackhead Simpson this year. Best gift ever. I cant even find any more on www.kalahari.net
Oh yes also a Johnny Clegg jaluka Savuka fan
I currently have:
Barry Hilton (the cousin) Live (& switched on)
Barry Hilton Afri-Cousin Live at Emperors Palace
Barry Hilton Live Down Under

I looked for them everytime we went home on holiday and they were always sold out. My husband eventually got them for me on kalahari.net last year as a surprise present.
Old May 25th 2007, 1:46 pm

Barry Hilton's ok, but he's no Jack Dee! Now there's a funny man. And Peter Kay?
Old May 25th 2007, 1:52 pm

Barry Hilton's ok, but he's no Jack Dee! Now there's a funny man. And Peter Kay?
They're not bad, but I prefer Jimmy Carr. He really cracks me up, we love watching 8 out of 10 cats. Well anything with him in really. There are a few more I enjoy but can't remember their names at present.
Old May 25th 2007, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Kitten24
They're not bad, but I prefer Jimmy Carr. He really cracks me up, we love watching 8 out of 10 cats. Well anything with him in really. There are a few more I enjoy but can't remember their names at present.
That'll be your first "senior" moment coming through!

Jimmy Carr is also great - he compared a function at my last company and was terrific - William Hague also spoke and was amazingly hillarious - then Julian Lloyd Webber managed to bring us back to earth playing long boring solos on his stupid enlarged violin.
Old May 26th 2007, 12:34 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Dylan Moran or Dave Allen now that's funny.........

Billy is still my fav,
Old May 26th 2007, 1:38 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Campbells
Dylan Moran or Dave Allen now that's funny.........

Billy is still my fav,
Oh brother, Dave Allen is my fav comedian of all time. We used to get him up in Zims (you poor sods weren't allowed to get Brit tv due to the Equity ban ). No one beats him for me!

This skit was done a week after he got into trouble for swearing on his show

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4IfoUM6a4bA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.