Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Cape town voted a top destination by travel guide!

Cape town voted a top destination by travel guide!

Old Jul 9th 2007, 5:32 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cape town voted a top destination by travel guide!

Originally Posted by duglambier
Did you see the reportage from Milan, where tourists are mugged or stolen by young roms near the station ?
Milan is a popular tourist destination, why do you want to shoot at Cape Town ? Aren't you proudly South African ?
This is a British Expats forum duglambier ... people are talking of their experiences in South Africa ....
Old Jul 9th 2007, 5:36 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Fed up hassling the X-Za crowd Dug?
Old Jul 9th 2007, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
Fed up hassling the X-Za crowd Dug?
He's lost since his 'home away from home' forum closed down *rolleyes*
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Forgive me, I'm sitting here quietly chuckling about my "favourite" little frenchman.
I will say the young man is indefatigable..
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:16 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Like the energizer bunny.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:23 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a fella by the name of Moxie wailing on the dark side that he got tossed from BE. Imagine that? Not too complimentary he was either, tsk tsk..... I don't think he likes me - anymore.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:22 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Did you see the reportage from Milan, where tourists are mugged or stolen by young roms near the station ?
Milan is a popular tourist destination, why do you want to shoot at Cape Town ? Aren't you proudly South African ?
“Proudly South African” is a Trade Mark. Businesses have to PAY to use the term and logo on their products.

Like most other things the value is understood in the cost not in the actual value.

http://www.proudlysa.co.za/

Too many “media statements.

Word of mouth is still considered a very important component of measuring your “product”.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:35 pm
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

In 2006, Africa in fact boasted a 8,1% growth in tourism!
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
I saw a fella by the name of Moxie wailing on the dark side that he got tossed from BE. Imagine that? Not too complimentary he was either, tsk tsk..... I don't think he likes me - anymore.
I saw that
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

sa2oz will become famous soon enoughsa2oz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty
Don't tell me you support the wallabies as well? There is nothing more sickening than seeing a saffer turncoat.
One thing is worse
A whining pom
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sa2oz
One thing is worse
A whining pom
Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I'm confused , conflicting reports here
Firstly:
Mossel Bay 'a safe destination'
12/07/2007 11:29 - (SA)

Johannesburg - Mossel Bay's tourism department on Thursday said it attributed the area's minimal level of crime to the city's low unemployment rate.

This comes after recent crime figures, where Mossel Bay recorded the lowest in the country.

"This confirms the reality of Mossel Bay as a safe place to live and a safe destination for tourists," said Louis Harris, a spokesperson for the department.

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_A...145743,00.html
And then :
Sonika Johnston, Die Burger

Mossel Bay - The owner of a well-known guest house is living in fear after three suspected attackers were freed.

The case against the three men who allegedly subjected Deon Douglas of Zingela to a two-hour armed hold-up and robbery in October last year was withdrawn in the Mossel Bay Magistrate's Court here on Monday.

Douglas said on Wednesday: "Outside the court they told me, 'We see you soon'."

"I can't believe that the men, who couldn't even get bail, could have been freed just like that. Now I'm in a virtual prison and they're walking around outside."
http://www.news24.com/News24/South_A...145523,00.html
Old Jul 12th 2007, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

6000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Daxk
OK, I'm confused , conflicting reports here
Which bit is confusing you?

It said "lowest crime rates", not "completely crime free".

Are you on some other planet? Joining MD on Mars? What do you want - Utopia?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Utopia would be nice.
but then the Cape has always been that.
I posted that to point out that the Mosselbaai Tourist Authority was'nt totally aware of their surroundings.
Probably for the same reason , unless it's a murder or a Rape it seldom gets reported in the local press and certainly not in the Nationals.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

6000 is an unknown quantity at this point

But the Mossel Bay Tourist Association looked at the crime figures for Mossel Bay (which doubtless included this one) and saw that they were the lowest in the country. Perfectly reasonable statement, I think.

As for the case in question - not enough evidence and plenty of heresay. *shrug*