Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Cape town voted a top destination by travel guide!

Cape town voted a top destination by travel guide!

Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:08 pm
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cape town voted a top destination by travel guide!

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
No biltong is as good as there, as you can't find kudu biltong elsewhere!
also hard to get decent vors, they don't braii (all gas) and they don't really have the bbq cuture (Aka a long drawn out thing) - it's more a few dodgy snags on a piece of white bread.

For my money Australia is a poor choice for expats from south africa. NZ is even worse!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:44 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/worldgui...rica/cape-town

check out the link. It's one of the world's best cities.
Pity the South African recently rated South Africa not being a safe place for tourists to visit.

It is so sad because SA is a beautifull contry but the crime has ruined it.

Sad.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:10 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

also hard to get decent vors, they don't braii (all gas) and they don't really have the bbq cuture (Aka a long drawn out thing) - it's more a few dodgy snags on a piece of white bread.

For my money Australia is a poor choice for expats from south africa. NZ is even worse!
And you're not a South African are you?
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:41 pm
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

And you're not a South African are you?
Im English. I know where you're heading. Don't bother. Ps - check the name of website : British Expats. Are you British?

Last edited by mingusdynasty; Jul 6th 2007 at 11:51 pm.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 12:01 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Im English. I know where you're heading. Don't bother. Ps - check the name of website : British Expats. Are you British?
So defensive. Why?
Old Jul 7th 2007, 12:10 am
Banned

So defensive. Why?
No reason
Old Jul 7th 2007, 2:24 am
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

ROFLOL!!!Ding ding ding ding.......
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

...Yet again, and it never used to happen. And before I get jumped on, I'm not saying don't go, I'm saying take the goddam advice.

Pablo

CAPE TOWN TOURISTS MUGGED
http://www.news24.com/News24/South_A...142219,00.html
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:18 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

English decent ?
Old Jul 7th 2007, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

I just find it extremely peculiar that someone who says they've lived in S.A. can't spell a single common South African word correctly, that's all.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 1:58 am
Banned

I just find it extremely peculiar that someone who says they've lived in S.A. can't spell a single common South African word correctly, that's all.
Yup,

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=76

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_A...142127,00.html
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

sa2oz will become famous soon enoughsa2oz will become famous soon enough

Firstly Jy praat twak. It is called boerewors, and several butchers make a good one, even some supermarkets sell it. We have charcoal barbeque, many do. We also have gas. The culture, yes it is a bit different, but the Aussies we social with love the process. We invite them to Potjiekos and one even has his own pot.

We all have opinions, but 82000 of us at last count (2006) in Aus think you are wrong. it is a great place, similar weather, love of sport, fishing.
Aussie Aussie Aussie Oy Oy Oy
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by sa2oz
Firstly Jy praat twak. It is called boerewors, and several butchers make a good one, even some supermarkets sell it. We have charcoal barbeque, many do. We also have gas. The culture, yes it is a bit different, but the Aussies we social with love the process. We invite them to Potjiekos and one even has his own pot.

We all have opinions, but 82000 of us at last count (2006) in Aus think you are wrong. it is a great place, similar weather, love of sport, fishing.
Don't tell me you support the wallabies as well? There is nothing more sickening than seeing a saffer turncoat.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

6000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sa2oz

Strange that you say that just after I read a comment on my site from an ex-SA lady who has moved to Perth and hates it after being a victim of crime there.
Many are moving, agreed, but it's wrong to suggest that they all think it's great - simply - they don't.

Oh - and the Aussie rugby team looked well shaky on Saturday.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

duglambier is on a distinguished road

Did you see the reportage from Milan, where tourists are mugged or stolen by young roms near the station ?
Milan is a popular tourist destination, why do you want to shoot at Cape Town ? Aren't you proudly South African ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.