Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Anyone moving out to South Africa

Anyone moving out to South Africa

Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:49 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone moving out to South Africa

Originally Posted by DIANE UK
Hi Stu,
Its over two years since you posted your original message. Do you still stand by what you said then or have things /your opinions of the Cape changed since then.
I should be moving to the Cape in 2007 with my S A husband so i hope things are still as positive.
This is going to be SHORT & SWEET........
I did not design this website but I agree with the contents, this is some TRUTH and is probably the reason why they have tried to shut this site down.

http://www.crimexposouthafrica.org/node/1434

Have a read and ask yourself if you are prepared to cheapen the value of your LIFE because that it the REALITY of living in SA. Have a GOOD read of this before making any moves over there that you may regret.

I post this in hope that you consider the real situation over in SA. Believe me, my wife, I and three year old boy would be in SA in a heartbeat if the crime situation WAS different but it is Not and is getting WORSE. My take on it is that there is too much racial hatred in SA and that comes down from the ANC who were a terrorist organisation. I hope you consider these factors for your future.

I hope you have a great weekend.
Campbell
Old Oct 21st 2006, 9:09 am
don't worry be happy

DIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really nice
Smile Re: Anyone moving out to South Africa

Originally Posted by islandmom
I ask you one question - would you let your wife and teenage daughter (if you have one) go out, in the evening in a car with no anti-hijacking device and no personal protection???

I am guessing the answer will be no - and thats the point. In what other CIVILISED country do we drive around with anti-hijacking devices in our cars and not drive at all at night if female? None is the answer.

Dont make SA out to be a safe country - its not, living there is taking a big risk. Many people will take it - and there will be some success stories, but I know the majority will find themselves trapped financially in a country where they are literal prisoners in their own homes.
Dear Islandmom
Being new to this site i have only just started reading some of the posts.
My answer to the above is that NO i would not go out on my own /with my daughter in the eve in SA. But i would also like to point out that i live in a lovely part of England
, Kent, and i would not go out in the evening here on my own without locking myself in my car. I also would not go in a cab on my own in the evening either due to having a terrifying experience when i was a teenager. My daughter (25) does go out clubbing etc in the evening, but she would not travel on her own either.
Don,t get me wrong im sure we do not have anywhere near the problems S A has, but we also have to be careful.
I do believe no matter where you live in the world you must be vigilant and be aware of your surroundings, and take notice of advise people give you.
Be happy, Di
Old Nov 15th 2006, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

hahahaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by burner1910
The worst crime figures in J'burg do not touch the dark days of New York in the 80s - I find it incredible (I'm not disputing that crime is bad) how white South Africans have inflated this issue - if I was being cynical I would say it was a good "excuse" to leave black South Africa.

Grow up - even today, J'burg's murder rate is less tham 1 per 100,000 than New York - this is not good, but it adds some perspective to the debate!
You came out with some valid points but that isn't quite true.

Jo'burg had 5,677 murders in 1994 around a city of 6 million, while NY's bleakest toll was 2,245 in 1990 within a population of over 7 million. Today Jo'burg has around 3,000 murders while New York, with a slightly larger population, has around 500.
Old Nov 15th 2006, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by islandmom
I ask you one question - would you let your wife and teenage daughter (if you have one) go out, in the evening in a car with no anti-hijacking device and no personal protection???

I am guessing the answer will be no - and thats the point. In what other CIVILISED country do we drive around with anti-hijacking devices in our cars and not drive at all at night if female? None is the answer.
Burner came out with some good points. Perhaps you should try buying a home in Rio or Cali as they're clearly safer than South African cities?
Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:37 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone moving out to South Africa - Airheads needed

Originally Posted by hahahaha
You came out with some valid points but that isn't quite true.

Jo'burg had 5,677 murders in 1994 around a city of 6 million, while NY's bleakest toll was 2,245 in 1990 within a population of over 7 million. Today Jo'burg has around 3,000 murders while New York, with a slightly larger population, has around 500.
With a handle like Haha you probably work for the eissh SA Governmunt. You are the joke as your stats (just like the rest of the corruption in SA) are wrong. SA had over 20 000 MURDERS in the last stat release, that does mot include RAPE, attempted murder , hi-jacking & the list goes on and however else one can juggle the stats to make it look better for the soft victims .

The ACID TEST my friend, let's see how long YOU last walking through any street in Hillbrow JOHANNESBURG wearing a pair of Ray Bans and a mobile phone. I give it 20 minutes at the tops.

What are you trying to defend here, what is your point?

Look at the outcry of 911 in the USA, SA is way beyond that those numbers and no-one says anything. It is time people get over the soft approach, you know like, if you are a criminal I don't care what colour you are mate, you are getting punished and called a CRIMINAL.

It is time the "other" cultures of the world STOP trying to place the guilt card on the western world. If some syndicate used to export Africans as slaves hundreds of years ago well that’s the past, now move on. Tell me where in the world you can say anything “white”, you will get hammered cause all the whites are made to believe we are responsible and must suffer a guilt trip.

It is amazing how Europe re-built major cities that were flattened in the second world war and in Africa they get run down (I relate to HILLBROW IN JOHANNESBURG) into a hovel in no-time and then the hands go out for more charity programmes all over the world displaying African children living in poverty.

I think it is stand that the truth is spoken a responsibility and accountability is taken and that means respect for HUMAN LIFE. Basic stuff mate that perhaps many of the tribes of South Africa do not understand as that is the cultures of their ancestors.

Open your curtains and smell the coffee, the world has moved on from tribalism and if you want to be part of the world you have to join in on world terms not the world according to Africa.

So if you want to lay host to the most prestige sporting event in 2010, get with the programme and guess what, most of those GUESTS are going to be white whether you like it or not. Get over it, get on with it and get on with it in reality, that is when Africa will move into the light.

Take care (of your life) and respect others. The debts of the past have been wiped clean, time to move on without excuses.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Anyone moving out to South Africa - Airheads needed

Originally Posted by Campbells
With a handle like Haha you probably work for the eissh SA Governmunt. You are the joke as your stats (just like the rest of the corruption in SA) are wrong. SA had over 20 000 MURDERS in the last stat release, that does mot include RAPE, attempted murder , hi-jacking & the list goes on and however else one can juggle the stats to make it look better for the soft victims .

The ACID TEST my friend, let's see how long YOU last walking through any street in Hillbrow JOHANNESBURG wearing a pair of Ray Bans and a mobile phone. I give it 20 minutes at the tops.

What are you trying to defend here, what is your point?
I thought I made this obvious in my posts though I'll spell it out in the literal sense - basically, stop moaning. South Africa isn't worse off than anywhere else for murders (apart from 1998) so why say so? It's like an obsession, not to say damn ignorant. Ooooh we're worse off than anyone else blah blah.

Actually pal, SA's had less than 20,000 murders for the last three years now. Murder statistics do not include rape, attempted murders, hi-jacking etc. and quite rightly, though I've seen South Africans include attempted murders and traffic accidents in the murder figures numerous times to dramatize the situation.

As far as the Hillbrow comment, I'm afraid again you're not unique. I wouldn't do that like I wouldn't do the same walking through Rocinha in Rio or Jamundi on the outskirts of Cali. You wouldn't either.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Oh yeah, I said there were 5,677 murders in Johannesburg (1994) - not South Africa. Your claim of over 20,000 as a latest figure is incorrect anyway.

On 9/11, 3,000 people died in what was more or less a single attack so I don't know what the problem is, apart from it happening on US soil where everything gets overreported but it was a horrific, shocking act.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

In the end, people just cease to listen to these endlessly disputed figures for murder, rape, butchery and torture. People don't give a damn whether SA is higher or lower in the deaths pecking-order than Jamaica, Haiti, Colombia, or any of the other places they wouldn't choose to go and live.

What they care to know is that there are civilized countries they could emigrate to where their kids can walk or cycle in safety in the street, where they can sleep at night without fear of being hacked to death, and where they have a chance to build some sort of secure future for themselves and for those they care about.

All this dispute about numbers is just so much *blah*. A trip to a country where houses are not surrounded by massive walls, razor wire, electric fences, and hemmed in by burglar bars and festooned with panic buttons tells you all you need to know.

Pablo
Old Nov 17th 2006, 12:37 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pablo
In the end, people just cease to listen to these endlessly disputed figures for murder, rape, butchery and torture. People don't give a damn whether SA is higher or lower in the deaths pecking-order than Jamaica, Haiti, Colombia, or any of the other places they wouldn't choose to go and live.

What they care to know is that there are civilized countries they could emigrate to where their kids can walk or cycle in safety in the street, where they can sleep at night without fear of being hacked to death, and where they have a chance to build some sort of secure future for themselves and for those they care about.

All this dispute about numbers is just so much *blah*. A trip to a country where houses are not surrounded by massive walls, razor wire, electric fences, and hemmed in by burglar bars and festooned with panic buttons tells you all you need to know.

Pablo
http://www.crimexposouthafrica.org/node/3158

Posted: October 21 2006, 20:00

SOUTH AFRICA - 52 murders per day, 67 attempted murders per day, 150+ rapes per day, 346 armed robberies per day, 756 burglaries per day, 229 Vehicles stolen per day, 34 vehicles hijacked per day.

These figures are published in the media, confirmed by government statistics, and the most optimistic you'll get. Many crimes are not reflected because people don't press charges due to lack of confidence or fear of retalliation. Only 2% of murderers are convicted. Take note: ONLY 2 OUT OF EVERY 100 KILLINGS! Since these figures were published, hijacking went up by 37%. Killings in South Africa usualy goes with the most gruesome forms of torture!

These statistics exclude petty crimes like stolen shopping trolleys, openly used by thousands of perpetrators throughout the country, or corruption charges against hundreds of government officials officials for millions of taxpayers' money. If a member of parliament is guilty of a crime with a jail sentence of less than a year, then he/she cannot be suspended.

We have a population of 45 million people, of which 4 million are white. More than a million white people left the country during the past ten years.

The South African government, SA Tourism and members of the SA media like Radio 702, E-TV, Rapport, Beeld, Burger, Huisgenoot, You, Vroue Keur and Sunday Times are doing ecerything possible to hide the South African truth from international investors and tourists.

South Africa is nothing less than a hunting ground for cold-blooded killers. Come to South Africa and experience for yourself. - CESA supporter

I REST MY CASE .................

No laughing matter Hahahaha .................
Old Nov 17th 2006, 12:38 am
Banned

Default Re: South Africa qouted A COLD BLOODED KILLERS

Pablo

Posted: October 21 2006, 20:00

SOUTH AFRICA - 52 murders per day, 67 attempted murders per day, 150+ rapes per day, 346 armed robberies per day, 756 burglaries per day, 229 Vehicles stolen per day, 34 vehicles hijacked per day.

These figures are published in the media, confirmed by government statistics, and the most optimistic you'll get. Many crimes are not reflected because people don't press charges due to lack of confidence or fear of retalliation. Only 2% of murderers are convicted. Take note: ONLY 2 OUT OF EVERY 100 KILLINGS! Since these figures were published, hijacking went up by 37%. Killings in South Africa usualy goes with the most gruesome forms of torture!

These statistics exclude petty crimes like stolen shopping trolleys, openly used by thousands of perpetrators throughout the country, or corruption charges against hundreds of government officials officials for millions of taxpayers' money. If a member of parliament is guilty of a crime with a jail sentence of less than a year, then he/she cannot be suspended.

We have a population of 45 million people, of which 4 million are white. More than a million white people left the country during the past ten years.

The South African government, SA Tourism and members of the SA media like Radio 702, E-TV, Rapport, Beeld, Burger, Huisgenoot, You, Vroue Keur and Sunday Times are doing ecerything possible to hide the South African truth from international investors and tourists.

South Africa is nothing less than a hunting ground for cold-blooded killers. Come to South Africa and experience for yourself. - CESA supporter

I REST MY CASE .................

No laughing matter Hahahaha .................
Old Nov 17th 2006, 12:47 am
Banned

Burner came out with some good points. Perhaps you should try buying a home in Rio or Cali as they're clearly safer than South African cities?

Another Master Plan? They seem to come up weekly now.
Submitted by BrokenLink on Thu, 2006-10-26 00:15.
There seems to be a new "Master Plan" to combat crime every week. Some specialists while analize the situation, come up with great advice and save South Africa from turning into just another desolate African country.
As a student at university in South Africa, in the Pretoria, I drive around a lot at night. Now how is it that none of these "spesialists" have noticed that road lights are no longer turned on? Can the goverment not even supply enough energy to keep them running? Or have they managed to break every single road light and not had the oppertunity to repair it during the 10 months since my return to South Africa?
And has any of these so called "spesialists" ever actualy tried phoning the police?
2 Days ago some one was vandalising the lifts in my apartment building, since it was almost 2am and there was a lot of crashing and screaming, I phoned the police. Or well I tried to...
The computer voice simply informed me that they can not take my call at this moment. Then cut me off.

But then, do I really still care? Like so many of my fellow university students, the proffesionals that will be building this countries economy and leading the way, I will be leaving as soon as I have my degree in my pocket.

I REST ME CASE.......................
Old Nov 17th 2006, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Some South Africans are obsessed with being No.1 on these lists, no doubt about it.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Campbells, have you listened to a word I've said? Book yourself a plane ticket and take a walk through the worst parts of Rocinha or Cali's Jamundi. You can't have it all one way godammit! I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall here and not for the first time.

South Africa has 50 murders a day - the 52 is from a couple of years ago (typical of that moronic website).

Distrust in the police is common around the world and in fact a far bigger problem in Latin America. They're also more corrupt in many of these nations.

Why is it that SA is a popular holiday destination? I'm living in the UK ATM and haven't been back for a while but I know plenty of people who've booked a vacation. They've all come back without incident in one piece. Strange huh?
Old Nov 20th 2006, 10:06 am
jjj
Forum Regular

jjj is on a distinguished road

Not strange - but very very very lucky
Old Nov 20th 2006, 6:43 pm
Banned

Campbells, have you listened to a word I've said? Book yourself a plane ticket and take a walk through the worst parts of Rocinha or Cali's Jamundi. You can't have it all one way godammit! I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall here and not for the first time.

South Africa has 50 murders a day - the 52 is from a couple of years ago (typical of that moronic website).

Distrust in the police is common around the world and in fact a far bigger problem in Latin America. They're also more corrupt in many of these nations.

Why is it that SA is a popular holiday destination? I'm living in the UK ATM and haven't been back for a while but I know plenty of people who've booked a vacation. They've all come back without incident in one piece. Strange huh?

SA is a popular holiday destination (at the moment) because:

1. The climate
2. The Rand / Pound Sterling rate of exchange

If you are so PRO South Africa why are not there?

I REST MY CASE……………………..

Why do you think SA has a brain drain, because people like you & I do not want to be there. For my family & I that is ultimately due to the crime ridden state that SA has got to and most of the crime is racially motivated.

The gist of this website is British Ex-pats discussing destinations around the globe. I as being BRITISH feel it my duty to WARN innocent folk of the dangers and racialist hatred that exists in SA.

The tourist statistics for South Africa have experienced a major decline, ask yourself why? Simple. Folk are starting to hear of the fear that people live wit in SA and the horror stories of month old babies being slaughtered by racialists is NOT acceptable ANYWHERE in this planet. :scared: END…………….

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.