Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

TIPS to GET Accountant JOB in Australia

TIPS to GET Accountant JOB in Australia

Old Mar 25th 2010, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

asadmasad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TIPS to GET Accountant JOB in Australia

Hi

I'm a qualified chartered accountant from Pakistan, and an associate member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan; plus I also have a Bachelors of Commerce degree from University of Karachi. I'll be moving to Australia in the next few months on a Permanent Resident Visa. I was wondering whether you could help me with my following queries:

1. Being a member of ICAP and a graduate from a recognised university, will I be considered for any opening in Accounting / Audit firms (if and when any vacancy arises), including their graduate entry programs? Or is it that only Australian qualified graduates are considered for any openings, including the Graduate Program?

2. If I undertake only the bridging studies (as non-award course), as required by ICAA, then will I be in a better position to be considered for any vacancy?

3. If I undertake the bridging studies as part of a graduate diploma/certificate, then will I be in a better position to be considered for any vacancy?

4. ICAP has an MoU with ICAEW whereby members of ICAP are entitled to ICAEW membership after passing the Advanced Stage papers and Case Study of ICAEW. If I obtain ICAEW membership through this route, then will I be in an even better position to apply for any vacancy in Australia?

Thanks and kind regards.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Hi After long time

I validated in June and Back to Accra - Ghana. I think I give up oz this time One more year
Old Jul 26th 2010, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
Hi After long time

I validated in June and Back to Accra - Ghana. I think I give up oz this time One more year
Shiv, you were so excited when you got your visa last year. What changed?
Old Jul 28th 2010, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Shiv, you were so excited when you got your visa last year. What changed?
Thanks Mate. Nothing went wrong. Need to be here for some more time

I am happy to hear abt your relocation.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Jamir is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the same situation.
Did u find any job?

I just completed my degree and did internship for a reputed company.
So I have a local degree and a little aus exp. But still its very very hard to find a job here.

I know Myob.
Please advice what should I do...
Old Aug 14th 2011, 9:11 am
h79
Just Joined

h79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to all accountant
I am completely new to this forum.I am an Iranian accountant with the local bachelor degree and 10 years experience in management accounting .last year I started CIMA as the only foreign qualification in my region.I have pretty old case of 175 permanent since Sept 2008.I hope it will finalize in 3 months .I read all 11 pages of this thread as I found most of the problems to finance job hunt are related to Australian work experience .Most of the texts for this thread was written in 2009 and early 2010 when there is hard economic crisis It would be great if any body gives updated information about accounting market job is it enhancing or the opportunity for non Australian accountant became harder .

I tried to update my knowledge .I am completely familiar with financial modeling (with advance Excel) it would be great to inform me what course or qualification should I attend before I land in Australia specifically in Brisbane to get a financial job in Australia in 6 month from landing .
It would be great to share your experiences and advice to help new accountant comers to AU.
Old Apr 7th 2012, 11:28 am
Banned

absmoving143 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been checking out a few of your post and it’s pretty Knowledgeable stuff.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

empty will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JohnJ
Just to add a cautionary note, I did the rounds of all of the agencies offices in Perth in November, and none of them were particularly helpful, apart from one Dublin girl working for Robert Half, who I'd say took pity on me as a compatriot.

I did hear back from some of them weeks afterwards, by which time I was back in Ireland...

Hope it goes well for you Leedelta and AnnMarie, I will be hopefully following in your footsteps later in the year

all the best

John
Don't you intend to take a plunge again?
Old Apr 13th 2012, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

empty will become famous soon enough

I could see there were more replies to the thread till early 2010, very less then after. Is it due to the fact that securing accounting jobs have become comparatively easier now as the country has overcome GFC?

Any thoughts?
Old Apr 13th 2012, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by empty
I could see there were more replies to the thread till early 2010, very less then after. Is it due to the fact that securing accounting jobs have become comparatively easier now as the country has overcome GFC?

Any thoughts?
I expect it is because threads do go quite after a period of time and new threads come to the top of the list.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 2:57 pm
AK

anuragkakria is an unknown quantity at this point

I expect it is because threads do go quite after a period of time and new threads come to the top of the list.
Hi all,

New to the thread. It is very informative also.

CAN ANYBODY ADVISE ABOUT THE PRESENT JOB MARKETS FOR ACCOUNTS O FINAANCE PROFESSIONALS.

Regards

Anurag kakria
Old Sep 19th 2012, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by anuragkakria
Hi all,

New to the thread. It is very informative also.

CAN ANYBODY ADVISE ABOUT THE PRESENT JOB MARKETS FOR ACCOUNTS O FINAANCE PROFESSIONALS.

Regards

Anurag kakria
Very competitive in Perth at the moment, that is what a recruiter said.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 6:29 am
AK

anuragkakria is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JOE2010
Very competitive in Perth at the moment, that is what a recruiter said.
Hi

Thanks Joe

Hey , please send me the resume and cover letter format.

Regards

Anurag
Old Sep 19th 2012, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by anuragkakria
Hi

Thanks Joe

Hey , please send me the resume and cover letter format.

Regards

Anurag
Do your own! There is no such thing as a format.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

Do your own! There is no such thing as a format.
This.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.