Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

MRAs between ICAEW and other international accountancy bodies?

MRAs between ICAEW and other international accountancy bodies?

Old Nov 6th 2011, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Adeelkhan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MRAs between ICAEW and other international accountancy bodies?

Hello,

is there anyone who have gained ICAEW membership through pathways to membership programme and subsequently claimed successfully Mutual Reciprocal Agreement(MRA) between ICAEW and ICAA? or if you know someone who is successful?
Old Nov 6th 2011, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice
Default Re: MRAs between ICAEW and other international accountancy bodies?

Originally Posted by Adeelkhan
Hello,

is there anyone who have gained ICAEW membership through pathways to membership programme and subsequently claimed successfully Mutual Reciprocal Agreement(MRA) between ICAEW and ICAA? or if you know someone who is successful?

If by pathways to membership you mean a special recognition agreement, not the normal exams/service requirements, then the answer is no. However, the Institute can look at your situation on a case by case basis, and the assessment team can assess this as a special case. Check out the link below.

http://www.charteredaccountants.com....ng-bodies.aspx
Old Nov 6th 2011, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

It was my understanding that if you are only a member of ICAEW via pathways then the MRA will not apply.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply.

What you think about that Pathways to Membership programme?

That's not an MRA between accountancy bodies plus the membership is awarded after a stringent criteria based on significant past experience and education?

Will ICAEW write on the letter to ICAA that membership is gained through normal route and not through MRA or Special Recognition? If ICAEW write this on the letter will that suffice not to be investigated further by ICAA?

Last edited by Adeelkhan; Nov 7th 2011 at 10:33 am.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Will ICAEW write on the letter to ICAA that membership is gained through normal route and not through MRA or Special Recognition? If ICAEW write this on the letter will that suffice not to be investigated further by ICAA?
I would imagine this will be clearly articulated.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

@Bermudashorts

ICAEW have confirmed in email that they write on the letter that this person is ICAEW member and the date the person gained membership but WE DO NOT WRITE THE ROUTE THROUGH WHICH THE MEMBERSHIP IS GAINED.

ICAA will ask further questions about how i gained my membership and then i have to disclose them the route.

ICAA in email replied that membership gained through Pathways is not eligible to claim MRA because the membership is gained through membership with other accountancy bodies.

Last edited by Adeelkhan; Nov 8th 2011 at 8:38 am.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

@Bermudashorts

ICAEW have confirmed in email that they write on the letter the this person is ICAEW member and the date the person gained membership but WE DO NOT WRITE THE ROUTE THROUGH WHICH THE MEMBERSHIP IS GAINED.

ICAA will ask further questions about how i gained my membership and then i have to disclose them the route.

ICAA in email replied that membership gained through Pathways is not eligible to claim MRA because the membership is gained through membership with other accountancy bodies.
Not sure why it is "@Bermudashorts". These were your questions not mine. I couldn't give a hoot.