Law or Accounting Career?

Old Sep 15th 2007, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

punch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Law or Accounting Career?

I am in the process of having my PR visa for Australia through my accounting qualification. My law credentials had also been assessed by Legal Profession Admission Board of NSW as equivalent to Australian Law degree except for 3 subjects. In this regard, I would like to know which career path is better to take? Is it accounting or law?
Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

oksana21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Law or Accounting Career?

If you like to waffle on an on and constantly having to convince someone of something even if you disagree with that yourself, or rather sit and read/write contracts without end then lawyer would be a better path.

it it obvious that i'm an accountant? I'm not always this bitter about laweyrs, really!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

honeybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nice
Default Re: Law or Accounting Career?

Hi
To add to what Oksana says, I think you have to really see what you yourself want, remember once you go down one path it may be difficult to move and go into the other.
You also have to consider which path is more varied and leaves your options open ( I personally think that accounting is as it opens the way to many other careers in industry, banking, stockbroking etc) and if you intend to travel/work overseas there may be problems with practicing law, therefore accounting qualifications tend to be more 'transferable' Just some things to consider.