ICAA Skill Assessments

Old Mar 13th 2006, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of
Default ICAA Skill Assessments

Is it difficult to do on your own or did you get an agent to do yours.

We are in no particular rush and are trying to save a few pennies, are the assessments difficult and will his employer have to give a reference?

If anyone could advise we would be very grateful
Old Mar 13th 2006, 10:51 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ICAA Skill Assessments

Originally Posted by milliesmum
Is it difficult to do on your own or did you get an agent to do yours.

We are in no particular rush and are trying to save a few pennies, are the assessments difficult and will his employer have to give a reference?

If anyone could advise we would be very grateful
Easy. I did mine myself but used an agent for the main application. You need to get some letters from your UK institute re being qualified, what results you got and that you are of good standing (a different department of the ICAEW) but you don't need a reference at that point if you are chartered. I assume other institutes are the same?
Old Mar 13th 2006, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

Dh is not CA he is a Fellow of ACCA, which would be the best Assessment Authority to go through as I understand there are a few?

Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 13th 2006, 11:17 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milliesmum
Dh is not CA he is a Fellow of ACCA, which would be the best Assessment Authority to go through as I understand there are a few?

Either ICAA or NIA would probably be ok (impossible to say which one would be quicker), CPAA are more difficult.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future
Smile Re: ICAA Skill Assessments

Hi
My hubby is ACCA qualified and prepared his own skills assessment with ICAA.
As previously stated you will reqiure a statement of good standing from the ACCA but do not need to provide a reference (although CIMA do!). Check out the ICAA website for more details but it is very straightforward.
The main application was very straightforward using the knowledge of people like JAJ, George Lombard etc on here if you get stuck with anything.
HTH

AnitaB
Old Mar 13th 2006, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you everyone for your advice, we are very grateful Will go and have a look at the ICAA website!
Old Mar 15th 2006, 12:37 pm
JKA
Forum Regular

JKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the rough

I am ACCA qualified and had my skills assessed by ICAA. The Forms are relatively straight forward, just take your time when completing them and double check everything before sending them off.

JKA
Old Mar 21st 2006, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Hafan is on a distinguished road

I'm also ACCA and did the skills assesment myself with ICAA - no problems, used George for my main application and would recomend him.